Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Help choosing between Truffle, Emir and Sun Elite please!  (Read 5424 times)

Offline summerdreams

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Hi, I've spent an enjoyable few hours looking for a two bedroom apartment with shared pool that is a genuine walk from the old town for my daughter and I to stay in next July.   I've narrowed it down (at the moment) to the above three and wonder if anyone can help who has stayed in any of these with some questions?

Truffle, fantastic location looks so central but not noisy.  Only negative I have is the size of the pool - does it get very crowded and most importantly does it get the sun all day?  I've read that the owner of the Dream Hotel next door is happy for you to use their pool which does have THAT view  ;D 

Emir, lovely apartments and great sized pools with fab views.  I don't know where this is, how long does it take to walk to town and does it involve a monster hill on the way back? 

Sun Elite, again lovely accommodation with big pool not shared by too many apartments and great view.  Again, can anyone help with location - how far is it from town and how high up the hill!

If anyone could let me have their thoughts about these three I would really appreciate it  :)  I've been to Kalkan before so any directions from the taxi rank will make total sense to me! 

As it will be my teenage daughter and I we are looking for somewhere central so we can make the most of all those restaurants, safe and secure, lovely accommodation with space to relax by the pool.  We are planning to take the dolmus to Patara, possibly Kas, and definately a boat trip or two.  Last time we stayed in Kalamar which was lovely but too far out to pop into the old town during the day.   Thanks so much ... look forward to Kalkan regular's advice  :-*

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12354.0

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Help choosing between Truffle, Emir and Sun Elite please!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 01:48:00 PM »
To get to the Emir go up from the taxi rank to the second roundabout where Kaya restaurant is located, carry on straight up to the Yali Supermarket and just after it turn right onto Milli Egemenlik Cd. The Emir is about 150 yards up the road on the right. We have an apartment there and guests staying there happily walk into & out of the town. The views and pools are excellent and your daughter would be in with a good chance of meeting other young people. It's also convenient for the supermarkets, banks, bus station and market and has English speaking staff on site 24 hrs a day.

To get to the Sun Elite you again go up to the Yali supermarket but continue on up the hill to where the Thursday Market is held and the town hall (the Belediyesi) is located, the apartments are on the road which is directly across from the entrance to the market.

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 02:23:05 PM »
Hi SummerDreams,

I have left you another PM.

The Emir,Kalkan Regular, I think is a left turn after Yali ( coming out of town ) and is indeed on Milli Egemenlic Caddesi.........If you were coming from the D400 end,down Sehitler Caddesi......then you would turn right.

It is still a little way out of the old town,with good,but distant sea views.

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 02:33:06 PM »
Hello Summerdreams. As you probably know, the Truffle apartments are right in the heart of town. Just to clarify, there are two apartments blocks making up the Truffle Residences. The Apartment Pearl is in the rear block which has a separate shared pool. With the exception of myself and another lady who rents out, the other residents of this block are Turkish/English couples who are out at work during the day, and therefore rarely use the pool. My guests tell me they virtually have the pool to themselves most days.  Plus Ergun at the Dream Hotel next door is happy for Truffle guests to use his lovely pool too. Why don't you check out the traveller reviews of your shortlisted properties to help you make your mind up.

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 02:41:45 PM »
Haven't stayed in Truffles but have stayed in the other 2. Both are great but for me Sun Elite wins hands down. It's a great location and there are only 4 apartments sharing good sized outside space and the pool is never too crowded. And there's the "secret" stairs down to Cafe Ev.......

Wherever you decide you'll have a great time and you can always have a wander round to see the others before you decide where to stay next time.

pw
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 03:38:14 PM »
Yes you are right it is a left turn up to the Emir.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 07:49:10 PM »
We have had two lovely holidays at Truffle......we chose the apartments on the right hand side as you look at the building, as these seemed the quietest.....the two bedroomed one is bohemian Raspberry. Would recommend, the pool never got overly busy.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 09:13:45 PM »
The shortest walk into the old town by far is Truffle. We have stayed at Emir and it is a good uphill walk coming back, Sun Elite apartments are further again. I don't have a problem with the uphill walks out of town, but it depends what you want. Of the three I would go with Emir. Great views, lovely size pool and a decent enough walk to burn off the excesses  :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline summerdreams

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 08:21:23 PM »
Thank you so much for everybody's help and advice.  After much deliberation I have booked a gorgeous apartment at the Emir for our holiday next summer  ;D  I think it strikes the perfect balance for us and we are really happy with our choice (and the lovely owner who has been a mine of information  ;)).  So, the countdown begins!

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 09:04:53 PM »
Summerdreams i have messaged you!

Offline Kalkan-Mina

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
  • www.mina-kalkan.co.uk
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan-Mina
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 09:40:39 AM »
The Emir apartments are an excellent choice for your holiday next year.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Truffle Residences

Started by Golfie on Accommodation and Hotels

22 Replies
Last post February 21, 2009, 03:29:17 PM
by fidimax
xx
Help choosing from restaurant short list!!

Started by jujujones on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

21 Replies
Last post September 18, 2013, 11:24:55 PM
by jujujones
xx
Elite Wellbeing

Started by kalkan4eva on General Discussion

12 Replies
Last post May 04, 2010, 05:38:17 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Med Elite Apartments

Started by misty on Accommodation and Hotels

2 Replies
Last post August 27, 2013, 07:58:34 AM
by misty

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal