Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Recommended/trusted estate agents  (Read 21383 times)

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Recommended/trusted estate agents
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2009, 02:03:14 PM »
Why is that sad. In fact if its asign that Kalkan is becoming a little more cosmopolitan I would welcome it. Ideally of course the prices would be in Turkish Lira.

Offline Pete

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2009, 02:22:53 PM »
Its sad because it shows the poor state of the Pound and how other people view it.

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2009, 04:19:47 PM »
Pete
It''s not just Brits that buy in Kalkan, so it''s not surprising that prices are quoted in Euro. If the exchange rate changes in Sterling''s favour you could get a result :)
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline jezhuggins

• Sugarpuff
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2009, 10:22:47 AM »
We had excellent help with Bridget at 2Blacklions - couldn''t fault them at all

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2009, 02:42:58 PM »
Pete, there are those of us who don''t even have sterling accounts, thus don''t want to be paid in sterling.  In Istanbul home prices used to be quoted in US $, now I don''t know which currency they use for adverts, haven''t looked in years.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Pete

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2009, 04:00:44 PM »
My posting was simply an observation about the UK Pound and how its value is currently being seen abroad.
Its up to the seller and their Agent to ask what they want for their property and in what currency.

Offline Monkeysoon

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2009, 12:52:41 PM »
EnjoyKalkan Safety

Post Removed
Reason: Advertising
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 03:16:06 PM by Enjoy Kalkan »

Offline Tinkabell

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2009, 05:20:21 PM »
I am really concerned that someone on this forum has recommended BK construction. The business is now closed and the owner being polite has several court cases against him from British customers who have lost hundreds of thousands of pounds. PLease Please do not get involved with this man anyone!! I would never normally put up a biased opinion but a lot of the people who go on this forum are aware of Bulent. He tried to sell a friend of mines property illegally last year and if it wasn''t for the quick intervention of a local lawyer they would have lost everything!
I would though recommend MSJ and Black Lion. Both have been in business for some years and from my experience are reliable helpful honest and trustworthy.

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2009, 05:34:22 PM »
Tinkabell, are there any estate agents or architects or builders in Kalkan that do NOT have some court cases against them?

I hope so, but I keep hearing of cases against X then against Y then against ...   

Offline Tinkabell

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2009, 06:59:28 PM »
Yes I do believe there are several good Estate Agents and Builders in Kalkan. I have viewed many properties and do have to admit that the standard of build really varies . It is a real shame that a few bad Agents and Builders give the rest a reputation. I have only drawn peoples attention to BK property and Bulent as he has ruined the lives of several people I have met and do not want to see anyone else caught out by him. Having said that I also know of several really good builders who are proffessional and offer a really excellent service with back up guarantees. Sadly there is a lot of property very badly built in Kalkan but hopefully this recession will see the less scrupulous builders and agents dissapearing as there is no quick money to be made. I advise anyone buying where ever to make sure that the go to a reputable Agent who has been in business for some time and has a proven track record. There have been several listed on this thread and anyone looking to buy has such a wide choice at the moment that there is no need for them to buy off plan/new build and take the risk. Having said that I have also recently seen on a couple of agents web sites some of the new designs on offer from good well known builders and if anyone is thinking of buying off plan they should ask to see the builders previous work. I can understand your personal fears from your own experience but not every Agent or Builder in Kalkan is dishonest as I said before only a few and I don''t think it is fair to lump the bad ones in with them.

Offline ndunlop

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2009, 11:37:46 PM »
I feel I have to comment, to the person that recommended BK Construction (Bulent Katirci) as a trusted estate agent and to anyone that might be influenced by this advice... as somebody else has pointed out Bulent is a well known con man and has a long history of filthy property deals and deception. This man is certainly not somebody to be recommended, quite the opposite. People should be avoiding this man at all costs!

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2009, 10:25:13 AM »
Pete
I noticed that :(

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2009, 04:04:24 PM »
We''ve just come back from a week sorting out carpentry, furnishings, etc and I would just like to say a big thank you to Lea and Soner of Kalkan Horizon. They helped with all of the items, measuring up, driving us to Fethiye and taking us to shops where we were ensured of getting the best prices.
They have both come up with excellent ideas to make things easier for us and more comfortable for anyone staying.  ;D

Cheers both.

Wendy
xx

Offline belinda

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2009, 05:33:34 PM »
I would recommend this company to update it''s website, things have changed a lot since 2005

Offline alimone

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2009, 05:43:28 PM »
We bought through Mavi and found them extremely helpful with not just purchasing but advise on furnishings, Kalkan etc. we also did a lot of research ourselves so we knew what to expect, the pros and cons, in fact a book I would recommend was bought in the UK by The Times (as in the publication) called buying property in Turkey and enabled us to check everything we were told about the process, fees, solicitors, , wills etc.

Offline clarborough

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2009, 08:24:16 PM »
Kalkan Horizon get my vote. Soner and Lea are to be trusted and recommended.

Offline howmad

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2009, 10:35:31 AM »
I bought through Mavi. While we were in England Kemal sorted out a discount, arranged for a solicitor, sorted out bank accounts etc  and arranged  the transfers when we came back to see our new house. Anybody buying should add him to any list of trusted agents.

Offline MouMou

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2009, 08:04:49 AM »
Hi Annav

try msj real estate they show lots of pics of their properties which gives a good idea,

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2009, 04:53:51 PM »
I may be sailing close to the advertising rules, but when we bought in 2005, we had a very positive experience with Arif at Vesta Properties.  More recently, we received excellent legal assistance from Kader GüneÅŸ, who works on Sehitler Caddesi.  If anyone would like contact details, please send me a message, assuming I am not in EK purgatory!  Sorry Jon!

Offline Hummingbird

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2009, 10:54:05 PM »
I have just returned from Kalkan and as briefly mentioned in another post I chose Bridget at Blacklion and she was great.  Very informative and helpful everything you need from a Professional agent.  I am sure there are others but I chose Bridget from the UK before we left and she was perfect for us.

Also we didn''t really see the much talked about poor build quality?  I was expecting far worse.

I wonder if the problems were mainly with some property''s built 3 - 5 years ago in the major boom which meant they were trying to put them up as quickly as possible?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Estate Agents Recommended?

Started by sausagedog on Buying A Property & Real Estate

3 Replies
Last post July 21, 2018, 06:02:11 AM
by chrissy1
xx
Russian Estate Agents

Started by Wendy on Buying A Property & Real Estate

20 Replies
Last post January 28, 2016, 07:49:25 PM
by Wendy
xx
Kalkan Estate Agents

Started by soprano on Buying A Property & Real Estate

9 Replies
Last post June 14, 2012, 12:33:12 PM
by Mrs Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Estate Agents/Kalkan Hills Development

Started by Cruisecontroller on Buying A Property & Real Estate

26 Replies
Last post May 19, 2008, 11:32:01 AM
by bodamia

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan Tornado 1

Views: 4908
By:
Kalkan Mosque