Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kalkan Estate Agents  (Read 9145 times)

Offline soprano

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
Kalkan Estate Agents
« on: June 01, 2011, 06:38:40 PM »
Here the thing.  I am trying to sell my property (along with lots of  others, I know).  I have  just been met with apathy from Kalkan Estate Agents.  Is this because most of the estate agents are  managed by a couple – partners - and the  6% commission on a couple of sales per year will keep them in the life they want and that is  enough.  Where are the professionals?

I want an estate agent who is hungry.  Who wants to be a millionaire. Who wants to get rich on my back because they will sell my property.  Who is proactive.

I don’t want an estate agent who is closed most of the time or who has their favourite few properties.  I want someone who can sell vodka to Russia

Does anyone know an estate agent like this?  Please help

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7877.0

Offline Dellbarr

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Kalkan Estate Agents
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 07:59:38 PM »
You could try the new one on the Kalamar Road next to Express. It is owned by an English lady and I think this is her first business venture.

Offline MouMou

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 08:06:10 PM »
I think you will find that she has just moved her office from the small road up by Isos kitchen.  She has been in business for quite a number of years.

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 08:41:03 PM »
The new Estate Agents along Kalamar Road is kalkan Horizon property services, yes it was by Isos Kitchen, but has moved to this new location.

The English lady is named Lea, and she is very good at her job, I would certainly recommend her.

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 07:34:03 AM »
Perhaps Dellbarr is referring to Addu Property, this was new last year and is partly owned by an English lady.
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 09:40:56 AM »
DianeK,
As many of the estate agents are not qualified in the business, do they know how to have the hunger" to sell your property, the experience is very important in selling as everyone knows.  Sadly there are also some very dubious estate agents out there, some we are aware of, I wouldn't want them to handle any deals for us at all.  Have you tried a private sale either here or in the UK for example.

Lea from Kalkan Horizon is now located on the Kalamar Rd, where Express Homes were located.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline Pete

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 10:08:32 AM »
As I said on a recent posting, the most important thing when buying is how easy it will be to sell. Unfortunately, most Kalkan Esate Agents are only interested in selling brand new properties from local developers.
This is where this website could be really usefull, by allowing people to directly advertise their properties for sale. I have seen many other websites that are specific to certain resorts in other countries that do this.

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 11:31:13 AM »
The glut of properties for sale is one of the main reasons for the apathy.  The second reason, IMHO, is that most of the estate agents are building their own villas and will give priority to their own buildings because they earn far more than the 3-6% they would get from a resale.  I know of only 1 agent who has not yet built anything. 

Third, it appears that most new buyers are looking for minimalist, contemporary apartments and villas - cement and glass and stainless steel.  Cheaper to build than the older apartments and villas that have a lot of handwork, the new ones use most everything commercially available and have fewer defined internal spaces therefore fewer walls, partitions, etc. 

Fourth, the glut has caused property prices for average apartments and villas to drop by a large percentage.  Large is defined by the owner's need to sale.

Nonetheless, I know of 4 villas recently sold in the price range from 375,000 - 450,000 sterling.  But apartments are not so easy, too many of them.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline dizzy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 11:48:16 PM »
Yes, and no conflict of interest here!!!!!!! They are married and he's a partner in KEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND - I thought advertising was not allowed?????
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 12:20:43 AM by dizzy »

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 12:33:12 PM »
Post removed thanks , most of their other posts do mention that agent when checked.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Estate Agents/Kalkan Hills Development

Started by Cruisecontroller on Buying A Property & Real Estate

26 Replies
Last post May 19, 2008, 11:32:01 AM
by bodamia
xx
Russian Estate Agents

Started by Wendy on Buying A Property & Real Estate

20 Replies
Last post January 28, 2016, 07:49:25 PM
by Wendy
xx
Estate Agents Recommended?

Started by sausagedog on Buying A Property & Real Estate

3 Replies
Last post July 21, 2018, 06:02:11 AM
by chrissy1
xx
Recommended/trusted estate agents

Started by annav on Buying A Property & Real Estate

40 Replies
Last post July 09, 2009, 09:37:52 PM
by annav

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal