Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Recommended/trusted estate agents  (Read 21374 times)

Offline annav

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zinnia
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Recommended/trusted estate agents
« on: March 02, 2009, 08:22:37 PM »
Hi,
We are thinking of buying in Kalkan when we go there in May and would like to look at some previously owned or newish properties online. If anyone has any Kalkan local or otherwise estate agents which they would recommend and trust would they let me know. We are total novices at this and I panic at getting ripped off when I look on-line-they could be anyone!
Thanks
Anna

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3000.0

Offline Hannah

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Recommended/trusted estate agents
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 08:37:51 PM »
Try Blacklion, they''re local here in Kalkan.  We bought through them.  WWW.2blacklions.com

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 08:49:00 PM »
Hi ann - I dont want to put the dampners on your enthusiasm..but have you done a search on this topic and you will find the thorny subject of estate agents you can recommend or trust.  Unfortunately for all those people who have had a good experience - others have had a bad experience.  I for one would not trust with a barge pole one estate agent whom many other people raved about (but then found out from PMs that I was not the only one to think that!).

A bit like restaurants - horses for courses - very subjective and depends wholly on your experience.  Just ask lots of questions and more than the Agent - see if you cant talk to the builder themselves or other people who have had villas built by same person.  Go and see lots of Agents too - we have had a very hotly debated thread just on this very subject and the price of villas very recently - you might find that interesting to read too!

Sorry - if I''m not giving you a straight answer - but it is difficult...!!   :(
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 10:21:15 AM »
Hi,
Would have to recommend my old friends Lea and Soner at Kalkan Horizons. We didn''t buy from them, but as friends,they gave us a lot of help, showing us alternative sites etc.
R.   

Offline olive

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 10:38:54 AM »
Hi,

Have a look at Kalkan Homes-informative website and local office was very helpful.

Regards

Offline Hummingbird

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 01:22:19 PM »
Hi Anna
I am also researching Kalkan property with a view to buy.

I am coming over in the summer and so far all my research with the exception of a short visit last Autumn to the LaVanta site and a walk around Kalkan, is based on the internet.  If you judge an Estate agent by their website alone then in my view these come up trumps:-

Blacklion                   www.2blacklion.com

Mavi         www. Kalkanproperty.com

MSJ         www.msjrealestate.com

Kalkan Homes (www.kalkanhomes.com) are not bad and nor are Beyhan Properties (beyhanproperty.com) and Kalkan Grace (www.kalkangrace.com)

Kalkan Horizon have been recommended by members but the web site itself seems a bit below par.

There is plenty of choice!  I have yet to decide who to contact in advance before I arrive

Its interesting that from what I have seen Beyhan are alone in advertising that they do not charge a 3% fee for purchasers.  Not sure why this is and although it seems a real benefit purchase costs in Turkey are lower than say Spain and if you haggle hard on the price I am not sure if this is a strong point.

At least 2 agents  are International members of the National Association of Estate Agents again its not clear what this achieves, I used a letting agent in the UK who was a member of NAEA but I was still very unhappy with them when it came to existing the property.

I cannot comment on what these agents are like but for research purposes with tips on buying and lots of property with good quality photographs the sites are very good.

Hope this helps.
Regards, Andy

Offline kalkan wife

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 06:58:18 PM »
I believe Beyham is a builder and therefore doesn''t charge 3% because he features his own property. That said, he has a good reputation and creates quality property- as far as I know- so no need to cross him off your list.

Offline rat2

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 09:27:57 AM »
At least 50% of the properties featured by Beyhan Properties (www.behanproperty.com) are not built or owned by Numan Beyhan. They do not charge buyers a commission because they consider the normal 6% grossly excessive.

Offline Mister Barnacle

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 09:42:58 PM »
We purchased through Tashan villas. There are always some difficulties but overall we would recommend.

www.tashanvillas.com

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 10:01:05 PM »
"Kalkan Horizon have been recommended by members but the web site itself seems a bit below par."

The website is due to have a major overhaul in the near future - don''t write them off because of the packaging!  :)

Offline clarborough

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 08:02:23 AM »
I agree Wendy. We bought our apartment from Soner and Lea owners of Kalkan Horizon and would highly recommend them.

Websites are only an introduction to a service surely what follows is more important i.e. the quality and honesty of the service. Soner and Lea worked hard to find the right place for us without being pushy and without trying to push up our budget. (we had one estate agent who wasn''t interested in us because our budget was low!!!) They were incredibly patient and showed us around many places and put up with our indecision and changes of mind. Today they look after our apartment for us and I must say I sleep at night knowing they do.Can you see all this from a website??? No you have to go to Kalkan and meet people and judge for yourselves.

We returned from Kalkan yesterday from another glorious week if not windy at times in our second home that Soner and Lea helped us put together.

Offline Pete

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 11:48:28 AM »
Something that some of the newer members might not  be aware of, is that some of the properties advertised on Estate Agents Websites as being new, are in fact quite a few years old now, they have just been unable to sell them.
I am aware of one propery that was built in 2002/2003, has never been lived in and is still being advertised as ''new'', despite that fact that it is now some six to seven years old!!

I am also amazed that despite the world wide recession really starting to bite, none of the main Estate Agents have reduced their prices. Looks like the Kalkan property market is defying gravity.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 04:18:26 PM »
Hi Annav,

Just a quick line to say I totally agree with "Wendy" and "Clarborough"...We brought our villa through Lea & Soner of kalkanhorizions.com and I cant recommand them more....they now look after our villa and are doing a wonderful job for us........you wont go far wrong for a start by just talking to them and telling them what you are after......them its up to you......Good luck

If you want more info feel free to PM me.
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 04:51:00 PM »
I would rather go on recommendation than a funky website. Maybe Soner will have more time this year, not being involved in the restaurant, to update the site.
Rx

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 06:08:26 PM »
Just a quick get well message for Soner who is in bed with a temperature at the moment.  ;D

Offline BevJam

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 08:30:01 PM »
We bought through 2 black lions and had no problem.

BJ
Carpe diem

Offline mouse

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 10:39:35 PM »
Wendy he only has a virus......man flu sort.....say no more !!!!

Offline kim21

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2009, 10:54:57 PM »
we have been recommended BK Construction, they have acted as agents and built many villas for satisfied customers in kalkan, they are a local company who know the area well. And, so we''ve been told build good quality villas.

Also 2blacklions comes highly recommended
never buy a house anywhere without an independent surveyors report

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2009, 12:54:35 PM »
We too bought our dream home through Kalkan horizon, Lea and Soner are great and would never let you buy a load of rubbish!!!. You tell them exactly what you are  looking for and what price you want to pay and hey presto they come up with the goods!!

Only one word for them FAB!!.

Offline Pete

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 12:38:03 PM »
Just an observation.

Have you noticed that Balacklions are now quoting house prices in Euros.

A sad sign of the times?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Estate Agents Recommended?

Started by sausagedog on Buying A Property & Real Estate

3 Replies
Last post July 21, 2018, 06:02:11 AM
by chrissy1
xx
Kalkan Estate Agents

Started by soprano on Buying A Property & Real Estate

9 Replies
Last post June 14, 2012, 12:33:12 PM
by Mrs Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Russian Estate Agents

Started by Wendy on Buying A Property & Real Estate

20 Replies
Last post January 28, 2016, 07:49:25 PM
by Wendy
xx
Estate Agents/Kalkan Hills Development

Started by Cruisecontroller on Buying A Property & Real Estate

26 Replies
Last post May 19, 2008, 11:32:01 AM
by bodamia

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal