Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Çınar cafe bar - Opening Saturday  (Read 8630 times)

Offline kensarrived

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
  • Frequent visitor to Kalkan
    • Share Post
I understand Tekin (Yali Bar) is opening a new cafe bar (Çınars). If anyone is going to the opening night on Saturday or visits the bar before we arrive on July 5 can you post your thoughts on the bar? It will be nice to see him back on the scene and wish him every success.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1659.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
we like Tekin(the man with the straw hat for those who don''t know him) do you know where the new place is  going to be?
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kensarrived

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Hi bluelizard, not certain, however I would assume he has opened within his new business premises next to The Swan Pub.

I will check and come back to you as soon as.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
A new bar was being finished off when we were there in early May. It is at the rear of the Yali supermarket buildings, above the Turkish baths. It looked like it was going to be quite swish, with large sofas. I think there is an outside area with seats in the middle of the Yali complex. It also looks like at some time in the future there will be a restaurant on the roof of the Yali complax.

Offline kensarrived

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Thanks Kalkan Regular, we''ll try it when we arrive in July and post a report.

Offline popps

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
Hi, we visited Cinar last week. The place is still very quiet, as I don''t think people have yet caught onto it but I expect this will soon change. We met Tekin again - remembered him from the Yali Bar. Friendly guy. He drove my daughter and his daughter to meet his mother up in the village. That''s what I''m missing back in England. Hospitality and trust.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
popps is it by the yali supermarket as suspected? we will go and see him, i like his humour ;)

Offline popps

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
Yes, it''s next door to the Yali Supermarket, with a sign "Yali Han". Have fun.

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
We visited Tekin at his new bar at the end of May just before it officially opened. Nicely decorated, large with a big TV screen and pool table inside. The bar is built around a courtyard. It will take people time to realise where he is but I''m sure he will be successful. My two boys now 20 and 22 always refer to him as ''Yo Man'' as on our first visit to Kalkan when he was at the Yali wearing the straw hat that was how he used to address them! It is situated by the supermarket just past the Swan.

Offline Christine Kalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
I wa sin there with some friends a couple of weeks ago. It has  a nice airy courtyard area and Tekins wife is making real turkish food lunches, something different every day. They also offer internet access on their laptop. well worth a visit.

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
We just returned from Turkey yesterday and spent a good few evenings in Cinar''s, where we were delighted to meet a couple of EK members and spend time with Tekin and his family.  The bar is beautiful, with very comfy leather sofas inside and cane furniture on the terrace.  Any lovers of cold beer and good blues/rock music wil love it!  Ask Tekin to play you the Crossroads (no, not that one!) blues DVD.

msr - sorry to be picky, but I think it might have been the "yee-har" man!

Offline kensarrived

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Have to agree with Eniste, great place to chill out and relax in a friendly family atmosphere. Tekins''s wife prapares some excellent Turkish home cooking and the music is still as good as when we were regulars at Yali Bar. Good to have chilled Effes.

Let''s hope word gets round quickly and Tekins new venture proves a great success.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
yes ..we liked Tekins new place as well..the Yali is quiet without him....Dormus his brother ,just hasn''t got the "vim" to get people in,on the several occasions we went to Yali he was playing games on his laptop bareley looking up!!in fact on one occasion no staff and him on his laptop ..we walked off after 10 mins..Tekin would have thrown a hissy fit if he''d known!! we shall use Cinbar again..very nice!! ;D

Offline popps

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
Yes, that''s exactly, what we experienced, Blue Lizard. The first year we were in Kalkan, Yali''s Bar was heaving (maybe something to do with the 2 for 1 offer), but this year, without Tekin, it was dead, while the other bars such as Moonlight and Utopia seem to be thriving. Shows what having a charasmatic character can do for custom. And how diffrerent brothers can be!

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
We have (had) been going to Yali for three or four years, then Tekin left to concentrate on building the supermarket and the building where Cinar Bar is situated.  It was the next year when the 2 for 1 came in, to try to drag in new custom.  From what I saw, it wasn''t working.  I hope Cinars will be a success out of season too, as I believe Tekin plans to stay open all year.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
He also plans to put a restaurant on the top floor in 2 years.

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
...which might well cost us both some money, Ken!

Offline kensarrived

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
----------- checking my pockets already Nick!

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
If my geography is correct, does this mean he is right next to the Swan?

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
Exactly.  Facing the Swan from the main road up to the bus and petrol stations, the Yali supermarket is immediately to the right of the Swan and the entrance to the courtyard housing the Cinar is immediately to the right of the supermarket.  Have one for me when you get there!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
IT MADE MY SATURDAY.

Started by Chris18648 on The Everything Else Area!

10 Replies
Last post September 29, 2008, 04:51:39 PM
by alantj
xx
Saturday Daily Express

Started by misty on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post August 28, 2010, 10:34:43 PM
by misty
xx
Football Saturday 19th May

Started by LancashireLass on General Discussion

31 Replies
Last post May 18, 2012, 01:38:51 PM
by Enişte
xx
Antler’s Lazy Saturday (24th)

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

0 Replies
Last post July 25, 2010, 10:53:05 AM
by antler

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal