Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Antler’s Lazy Saturday (24th)  (Read 1822 times)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
  • The sun peered over the hill once again at 07.55am and there was hardly a ripple on the bay, as I looked out towards the Kalkan Beach Par kand finished typing my blog.

I popped out to Tesko for a pint of Sut and a loaf of bread, calling into Chillies to wi-fi on the way. On the way back the lady running the Samira Garden Hotel was opening up the terrace. “Apple Pie tonight?” I asked.“Yes!” she said, “I am baking Apple Pie tonight. You come at 6 o’clock!”.

We’d heard from the family on the boat trip that she bakes these wonderful cakes.

Back for breakfast and a Committee Meeting with Mrs A. Decided we would book a table at Mussakka and so I rang Mehmet and the earliest we could do was 9pm Sunday. Fine.  Next,to book a shave & massage. Mrs A would join me for a pedicure & massage, so I rang Mehmet at Jasmine Coiffeur and booked a slot with him and his wife for Sunday morning. All sorted.

The rest of the day was spent by the pool, apart from Tuna Salad at ours for lunch. The Lads became vertical around noon and after a swim, decided to have brunch at Foto Pizza just down the hill.

People were leaving for home and there were new arrivals, so mixed feelings of emptiness and new beginnings. One family handed us a large pack of Efes cans as they got into their Enes Travel Minibus and we toasted their safe travel home.

I don’t know about you, but there is something really special about that time of day, as the sun is going down, and the light takes on a new, crystal clearness. The Olive Trees, rolling down to the sea in front of me became green again, not harsh and grey like in the midday sun, and the boats chugged back in to the harbour from their day trips around the bay.

We all chatted over our cans of Efes and as others were leaving, cheekily asked them if they were leaving anything behind – “Champagne, smoked salmon?!” we asked and they laughed at our relaxed style.

“Where shall we eat tonight?” was the biggest decision for most, but we were already decided.  The Lads opted to go to Oz Adana for Shrimp Casserole. So we showered and I led onthe bed to pull on my shorts before rolling down the hill into the village and dinner at The Nar.

Antler

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6016.0
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:55:52 AM by antler »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Street Shampoo

Views: 3612
By: Jann
Benji