Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Dalaman Transfers  (Read 3154 times)

Offline Pauline

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Dalaman Transfers
« on: May 24, 2008, 08:57:23 PM »
Hi I have just become an EJ member so tell me to ''shut up'' if this has been discussed before.   But why is there no shuttle bus from Dalaman to Kalkan - us poor single travellers have to pay £100 return for our journey.  I often come alone and it does push up the price of my trip - when i add the uk taxi to it - becomes expensive.  I''m sure there are couples who would welcome this too.   I have seen they have shuttle buses to the other resorts - can''t something be done.   Your comments please. Pauline   

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1624.0

Offline yoyo

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
Re: Dalaman Transfers
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 09:37:47 PM »
I too am a single traveller and have to pay £100 return, but to be honest I actually enjoy the fact that I get a car all to myself after the 4 hour odd journey to Dalaman, it''s part of my holiday and the start of the relaxation (I have been coming to Kalkan for so many years now I tend to know the drivers and get a warm welcome back from them. I don''t think they even bother holding up their name card anymore but just move forward, welcome me back, and take my bags off me.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 10:04:03 PM »
Naughty people always get remembered!! ;D ;D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 10:05:57 PM »
There was some talk about a Shuttle last year but nothing came of it. Must admit it has turned into a very expensive holiday for us!!!

Offline Pauline

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 02:03:31 PM »
I agree with you yo yo but when you are coming out four or five times a year it works out expensive. If it was a one off holiday i would not worry.   I am wondering where I can start to find out if a shuttle bus can be organised - any suggestions pauline

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 06:05:44 PM »
Pauline - I agree with you - as a frequent single traveller - I have spent more on the taxi fare than I have on my flights  >:( especially over the winter months...so in the absence of getting a shuttle organised - which I think will be horrendous due to the number of flights coming in from all over the place at different times of the day and night...maybe we should co-ordinate our trips together and split the cost..??!!  ;)
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Pauline

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 09:18:41 AM »
Hi Felicity - I agree with you - maybe there could be someway we could let each other know times of our visits and get something organised between us - worth a try.   There must be quite a few people coming out on the same flights during the year coming to Kalkan who would welcome this.  I did read an article in the one of the uk papers (have left it at home in uk) and it was dealing with shuttle buses - but they seemed to be going everywhere else from Dalaman Airport but none to Kalkan.   I might contact them and see if something could be arranged when I am back home.
Will keep you posted. Pauline

Offline yelkenite

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 09:41:09 AM »
Hi Pauline,  well the ''someway'' is the calendar attached to the site.  Of course it depends on people being prepared to update it but provided you could encourage more people to do that maybe a coordinated approach to the cost of transfer could be more easily arranged?
Bill

Offline Shirley Burley

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 09:54:26 AM »
Adda did try to set up a shuttle service last year, but only ran it once as there was just one couple on the bus - effectively a private transfer - so it didn''t seem worth it.  There is a bus from Dalaman to Kalkan but it involves a taxi ride to the bus station, and of course is dependent on what time your flight lands as it could involve hours of waiting around.

Unfortunately with so many people enjoying the luxury of a private transfer - not to mention the number of different flights in a day (meaning that inevitably there will be a long wait for some people) - it just isn''t a cost effective option for transfer companies.

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 10:28:11 AM »
Hi,

Looking at the calendar could be a way of finding a transfer share but it doesn''t show the number of people in the party or if they wish to share so I have created a new board above dedicated to transfer shares so its now quick and easy  :D

Hope that helps
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 04:01:11 PM by Enjoy Kalkan »

Offline Pauline

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 03:30:57 PM »
Hi Mrs Enjoy Kalkan - thanks for your input - am I being very stupid - where do i find the amended calendar - you said ''above'' where is that?   Help!!!! Please give me an idiots guide! Thanks  Pauline

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 04:00:48 PM »
Hi Pauline,

The new board can be found by clicking here

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 06:36:11 PM »
John - I''m getting confused here too... ???  Can we have a simple Calendar place, maybe separate to the other calendar too - which is solely for Transfer shares and is easy to find on the website...coz I can''t find the location (like Pauline) and where all booked transfers can be listed with number of spare places available and cost (if applicable).  Then it might be simply to look at and use and tie up spaces with people....??!!

cheers - sorry to add to your burden of work..!!   ;)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Ticket forr sale. Norwich/Dalaman return Dalaman/Stanstead

Started by nr1stu on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post June 03, 2014, 04:50:43 PM
by nr1stu
xx
Sun Transfers

Started by Cuddles on Flights and Travel

15 Replies
Last post June 19, 2016, 07:22:15 AM
by chrissy1
xx
Transfers

Started by desper8housewife on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post August 03, 2011, 08:59:14 PM
by Kalkan Magic
xx
Transfers

Started by blee on Accommodation and Hotels

6 Replies
Last post May 28, 2009, 04:52:25 PM
by Brooksie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal