Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Prices  (Read 10327 times)

Offline freeat

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Prices
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2008, 08:05:08 AM »
I too would like to know your secret, 20 out of 26 weeks is incredible, why don''t you do the same throughout the winter caradog,  and yeh it''s easy to get an apartment on yearly let for 500ytl the Tapestry girls rent and they pay less than 500ytl a month.                 

Offline jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • Love Kalkan
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2008, 11:03:30 AM »
We would be very reluctant to let our apartment on a long term basis, even over the winter. The ''wear and tear'' is bound to be far worse than that of people on holdiay, who generally eat out and use the apartment as a base rather than proper ''living accommodation'' so to speak. For the small amount of rent you would receive for such a let, it is not really worth the hassle.

In regards to holiday letting success - be creative. It''s no good just sticking an ad on a website and waiting for calls. Think of other ways to market/advertise your place. (local paper, school magazine, workplace noticeboard for example). Make sure you update your calandar regularly, get testimonials, invest some money to create your own professional website. Probably most important of all are the photos you use, if they are poor it will put people off. These more than anything else will sell your property, so make sure they portray your property in the very best light.

Offline caradog

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 23
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 05:33:32 PM »
Felicity/Freeat
Wouldn''t consider long term winter lets for the same reason Jayne gives. And there''s pretty limited interest in holiday lets so it''s not worth the hassle.
We have found no real secret to letting. Jayne gives some good advice. I think there are 2 rules to market most products, especially when there are lots of similar products in the market. One, try to have the best product and two, at the most competitive price. We are not pig headed enough to think the we have the best apartment in Kalkan. There is lots of great accomodation. But we have tried to kit it out so that it is as good as most. We have researched the price market and I do know we are the bottom end. I am also prepared to drop the price for a late booking on a week that is sitting empty. Having made the decision to generate an income from letting I''d rather take £150 for a week than be stuck with an empty week advertised at £300. If people enjoy the holiday they may return next year or recommend to friends at ful price. This actually happens. So in a nutshell don''t be too greedy and take what you can. It all adds up lnd gets your place more exposure.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2008, 05:45:03 PM »
The secret to advertising your property is EnjoyKalkan  :D

Why not take advantage of a free trial and see how easy it is to advertise, not only does all the money get put back into keeping EK going and the forum advert free some changes are underway to make the accommodation section even better still :)

Offline jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • Love Kalkan
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2008, 10:34:19 PM »
Caradog

You are absolutely spot on, we recently rented out our apartment at a heavily discounted price as it was a late booking and they have now rebooked for later in the year at the regular price.

Offline philb1963

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
    • The Kalkan Apartment
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2008, 12:18:00 PM »
Good idea, but if you rent out a week at say 25% or even 50% discount what is the reaction from the people who have paid full price for the weeks either side? ???

Offline theinspector

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2008, 12:35:22 PM »
Having worked briefly in the Estate Agency market I can say that generally it seems British people prefer to buy a new property than a second hand one, and with the choice of so many new properties this is one of the main reasons that resale can be difficult especially as there are so many new properties to compete with. Of course the B side of this is that with a second hand property it is tried and tested and hopefully any snagging remedied.
Also many people expect to have made some profit on their property which isn''''t necessarily the case- as many are now seeing in the UK.
I agree with Hoca on the supply and demand factor- same as everywhere I guess.

lines :-))) i always got the cane :-)

Offline jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • Love Kalkan
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2008, 01:16:51 PM »
Philb63

The answer to that is how would they know?

Offline Hoca

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2008, 04:03:48 PM »
It''s no different to people booking flights through different companies some pay less than others

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2008, 06:15:29 PM »
We always book early as I only have school holidays, we used to travel with Tapestry or Exclusive escapes and always paid full price, sometimes others had a cheap late deal, but I used to think tough that is the luck of the draw, we got what we wanted and if others got it cheaper good luck to them. As for villa rentals the customer either week each side would never know how much you have paid. We have got a few villa''s a little cheaper for under occupancy, or 6 nights instead of 7. Although I don''t own my own place think I would rather earn a little less than nothing

Offline marking

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2008, 08:46:20 PM »
Whilst rents may be holding up well, it''s the big declines in property values in Turkey that may cause problems, especially if you''re trying to sell. Has anyone sold recently and can enlighten us more on the situation?

Offline caradog

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 23
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2008, 10:57:33 PM »
Don''t know anyone who''s tried to sell Marking, but Turkey is in no way unique in the decline in property values. The markets in the USA and UK are having widespread effects. Particularly with British people being the majority buyers in Kalkan. Property is a long term investement unless you happen to get in at the right time.

Offline marking

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2008, 11:57:31 PM »
My question is aimed at anyone who has sold recently. Estate agents websites have lots of people trying to sell their properties here in Kalkan.

Offline hel66

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2008, 10:10:16 PM »
Looks like nobody''s been able to resell recently then.
Save Kisiltas- ban the D400

Offline Diane

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • Living in Kalkan
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2008, 08:08:58 PM »
I do know someone sold a 2 bed furnished apartment at the popular Begonvil development recently for 50K, not a great deal more than was paid 4 years ago. It was sold to a Turkish family as non Turks cannot get tapu at the moment. The apartment was marketed at 60k with zero interest.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
MOVED: Bar Prices/Supermarket prices

Started by JollytheJoker on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post July 13, 2010, 09:43:17 PM
by JollytheJoker
xx
Bar prices & supermarket prices /stock

Started by Llondon on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

18 Replies
Last post January 20, 2012, 03:14:27 PM
by onelove
xx
Taxi prices and Dolmus prices

Started by wabosso on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

0 Replies
Last post July 19, 2014, 05:03:10 PM
by wabosso
xx
Bar Prices/Supermarket prices

Started by JollytheJoker on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post July 14, 2010, 01:04:26 PM
by JollytheJoker

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal