Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Shirl is Back in Town  (Read 37164 times)

Offline Sezkalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
    • Fabio
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Shirl is Back in Town
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2016, 02:04:53 PM »
Oooh I'm feeling sad for you Jayne I can't believe how quick that's gone  :-\
Our property - 3 bed, 3 bath, OWN POOL, fab location:-

https://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p1897579
www.kalkanpad.com
Facebook:- Apartment Fabio, Kalkan

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2016, 02:40:07 PM »
Great post Shirl. You do pack it all in don't you? The boat trips sound amazing as usual. Got some dates from Osman for 2 of ours. Have you been back to the Asfiya at all? Hope it's still comfortable?
Weather here a bit mixed for the bank holiday so hope it'll be Ok for Jess's stay.
Enjoy yourselves!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2016, 10:17:42 PM »
Oh what are we going to do without your and Lizilu's reports?  :(
I promise I'll try my best in six weeks time but.....who's next?
Enjoy your last few days Shirl and Bob!

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #123 on: August 26, 2016, 06:52:03 AM »
Thanks ladies for your comments, and Babs will be looking forward to your reports, and you too Skunk!  :D

And here is a summary of the past few days....

Wednesday ………………

Well it really was the last boat trip of the holiday, boo hoo hoo!  :( :( And dare I say it, we saved the best til last! What a fantastic day we had on Pina X, absolutely amazing! Lizilu has reported back so I won’t repeat it, but it was fabulous! I have hinted, repeated myself and down right blatantly said let’s book just one more! But zero response has come back from OH!! But I am guessing 8 boat trips in 5 weeks is enough! Or is it???  ;D ;D

I was determined whatever state of tiredness I was in on my return from our day out, that after a little nap I was Bag Shopping!!! But you’ve probably guessed it, we crashed out on the balcony, wine in hand, a tuna salad and grilled haloumi cheese and we were stuck to those chairs like superglue! But it was a perfect end to a perfect day, absolutely bliss! Well until the morning!

Thursday …………….

I felt like I was awake quite a lot during the night, and when I dragged myself out of bed, the damn mozzies had bitten me to bits! My legs and ankles are the prime target, and a huge one on my back! So itchy, the cream just makes them worse I think! Not happy at all this morning!

Rallied myself round though and before we knew it, Automan and Lizilu collecting us for our 2nd roadtrip of the week!

And what a day we had, I will skim over our day, as only fair to let Lizilu fill you in as they were our fab Tour Guides for the day! Thank you guys.

Start off at the market,(in no time at all, we had bought Turkish delight, spices, fruit and tomatoes and a pair of Ugg slippers) sorted! then followed the mountain route to Kas, a very yummy lunch, coast road back and then 3 hours in a beautiful infinity pool with a twist!

We got back home just before 7pm and after a shower and a rest, it had to be Bag Shopping. We wandered down through town, which was quite busy tonight, so good to see.  Checked out 4 bag shops, but decided after much deliberation to make my purchase in BSG.  It is for my friend and she wanted the large Chanel bag with gold straps and buckle.  Very pleased with my purchase, and we were even offered a glass of wine whilst in there, nice touch I thought!

Next shop, Masso Leather for the Chanel espadrills, 2 pairs purchased in no time at all, and pleased with the price, so I was a happy bunny! Now what next! Thought we wouldn’t be very hungry after our huge lunch, but tummy rumbling, Fener it was.  We ordered dinner, a Burger for me! And chicken wings for Bob all accompanied by chips! Who Cares!!! Efes and another glass of wine and we sat and watched the boats and people swimming on the beach. Another perfect day of fun in the sun!

Almost midnight by the time we got back, so bedtime it was.

Friday ……………

Another day, only 3 days to go now! So have to make the most of them! “Fun Time Friday” as we say at home, so who knows? Still no mention of another boat trip either!    :( :( :( :(                     

I’ll try and do one more post before Monday!

Shirl

« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 09:33:30 AM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline Sezkalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
    • Fabio
« Reply #124 on: August 26, 2016, 09:56:13 AM »
I can't believe how much you cram in! You're gonna need a holiday to get over this one  :o
All sounds fab though and is making me so envious. x

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #125 on: August 26, 2016, 11:01:18 AM »
I've gone and done it we're booked on Yildiz 2 again tomorrow!  ;D
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 03:43:22 PM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2016, 09:56:07 PM »
 :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #127 on: August 28, 2016, 06:01:50 AM »
Friday ………………………

Well fun time Friday it was.  Blog done, and Bob surfaced, done my blog I said, thinking great he will read it, and see I had hinted about another boat trip! I watched him read it, and still no mention of booking one! Bull by the horns I thought, and said come on lets go for it! Oh all right then! Whatever………….. As quick as a flash I was on that phone, called Adem on Yildiz 3, but he was fully booked for tomorrow, private trip he said! Well Yildiz 2 again it was to be, and yeah Osman had space for us.  Shirl was a very happy girl.  :D :D :D

Breakfast time, and as soon as I put the toaster on the electric went off! Oh well never mind.  After breakfast I went quickly into town to change one of the pairs of shoes I had bought the night before as they had a mark on them.  A quick trip there and back took me best part of an hour, and boy was it hot when I got back.  Shower number 2, still no electric, what a pain, oh well we were off out anyway.

Up to Lizzie and Shaun’s we went, a few goodies in our bag, more homemade humous, cheese and crackers for our contribution to lunch and of course some wine and beers! Well it was fun time Friday!  ;D ;D

We had a fab day of fun in the sun with the Gang, Lizzie made a lovely lunch, accompanied by a lovely bottle of pink prosseco for us girls (thanks Lizilu).  More wine after lunch and back to the pool for a siesta, well us girls were in the pool most of the afternoon to be honest.  :D

Before we knew it, time had flown by and it was almost 7pm! So taxi called and back home we went.  Couldn’t believe the electric was still off! Oh dear, but then as we walked into the kitchen we noticed a huge pool of water on the floor, I immediately looked up to the ceiling thinking omg had we a leak, but no the freezer had started to defrost! Bob then realising that everyone else had electric, and it was our electric that had tripped.  Water cleaned up, and trip switch back on, we had light!

We had a a rest, showered and time to go out again! Bob wanting haircut number 3 before we go home, and wanting the white bits to get some sun, so tonight it was.  He went to the shack this time, went straight in, I said I would go and have a wander, so off I went.  First stop Merkez, Billy No Mates again, getting quite used to this, would never sit in a bar at home on my own.  Ordered a nice cold glass of wine, and thought I would sit and people watch! First person I saw was Haybo, as you already know, so she joined me and we sat and had a nice chat about what we had all been doing on our holidays.  She was waiting for her friend, and me still for Bob, he had been ages, her friend turned up after a while, but still no sign of Bob, he must have been in there almost an hour, so I thought I had better go and find him.  He was just leaving as I got there, what a service you get for 25 lira, he was very pleased with his haircut!

Now for our dinner! Was starving by now, we had decided to go to Alternatif again, which was conveniently next to the hairdressers, so not far to go, except a lot of steps to climb up there, but we needed the exercise.  They greeted us warmly, and we sat at the front table overlooking the street, great view.  It was a little girl’s birthday in there tonight, so fireworks it was, literally, huge fireworks going off, but one happy little girl it was! She looked so happy, especially when a huge cake with more sparklers appeared and “Happy Birthday” blared out on the speakers. 

We had a lovely meal, I again ordered the Chicken Hermes, which is chicken cooked in a gorgeous brandy sauce, with a sneaky portion of extra chips. Bob ordered Ottoman chicken with mushrooms, peppers and onions and he said it was delicious too.

We had intended meeting up with the Gang at Moonlight Bar for a nightcap, but they were still down in town by the time we left, so we made our way back home, it was after midnight so fun time Friday had to end.

Saturday ………………

Definitely the last boat trip day. Yildiz 2! We awoke to a few dark clouds, they would clear we thought. Wasn’t looking that good, but by the time we boarded an set off, the clouds were clearing, a nice welcoming breeze on the boat, again we were on the top deck with another couple, and it was just what I had imagined a fantastic last boat trip of the holiday.  I won’t bore you, but everything was perfect, lunch, swim stops, fishing, 3 more fish were caught including a Sea Bass, company etc.  Arrived back in the harbour around 5.45pm, Osman had a moonlight cruise straight after, how they do it I’ll never know.

Our plan tonight was to go home pack our things up, and back down to the harbour later to listen to Aklan at Yakamoz again and meet up with the Gang!  :D

Everything sorted a quick bite to eat finishing up what was left in the fridge, we weren’t that hungry after a beautiful lunch on the boat, but a sausage sandwich it was to be, we still had a few left in the freezer from our arrival! And jolly nice they were too. Oh we know how to live! Showered and off we set.  Shown to our throwns at Yacamoz, ordered our drinks and we were sorted.  Our friends arrived in no time, and there we sat chatting and listening to the music until 12.30am! We couldn’t believe we all have only one more day left of our holiday, but we made plans to well and truly make the most of tomorrow.  We shared a taxi back home, said our goodnights and to bed it was!

Sunday …………

Woke early this morning, but who cares I am so going to enjoy today.  Blog done, fish is on! Don’t ask, we have a nice piece of the Mezget left in the freezer (whiting) so am not wasting it, it’s simmering as I am typing this and will be a nice little treat for the kittens next door! There is a smell of fish wafting out on the balcony which isn’t so pleasant at 8am in the morning!

I will close now, and do my summing up from the UK in a couple of days, but meanwhile we have 24 hours left of fun in the sun.  Our holiday has been wonderful, and we are very sad to be leaving, but reality will kick in I am sure at 4.30pm tomorrow when we land at Heathrow!

Until then ……………………

Shirl

« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 07:11:39 AM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #128 on: August 28, 2016, 07:14:03 AM »
I can't  believe it's our last day Shirl  :(

We'll make sure it's a good one  ;)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #129 on: August 28, 2016, 08:10:06 AM »
Enjoy every minute!

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
« Reply #130 on: August 28, 2016, 05:59:58 PM »
You wouldn't believe where I've been trying to say thankyou for your wonderful posts. A Lithuanian dating site all kinds of reports on Kalkan and finally Shirls page. Thankyou for your wonderful blogs. We go to Kalkan next Monday for three weeks and I can't wait. Packed my plastic glasses for our stopover in Kekova for a drink on our terrace. Think that may sound posher than it is but we're having a stopover in Kekova and apparently you can't buy wine by the bottle there so that will be purchased in Kalkan along with a few Efes etc.
You and Lizzy have really whetted my appetite can't wait.
Safe journey and Thankyou again.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #131 on: August 30, 2016, 10:20:18 AM »
Oh Joycie that has just made me laugh! You must be so excited as I am sure everyone else is who are the lucky ones now to be going to Kalkan very soon. 

Well, we are home!!

Sunday .................

Sadly Bob had been bitten on his eye and it is quite swollen, but being a man, it will be okay he said, but it wasn't when he woke up, so I gave him one of the tablets the Doctor had given me and some of the gel cream, so we were hoping it would be okay.

It really was a day of fun in the sun, we all decided we would spend the day at the Asfiya Seaview for our last day, and what a day we had.  The guys were very pleased to see us when we all arrived, and waited on us so well during the day.  We all had a lovely lunch, mine being a beautiful chicken caesar salad, and Bob had the shrimp salad.  We thought we would share some chips, well it was our last day! Automan also ordered some, but my goodness there were enough chips to feed an army, so beware if you dine there! only order the one portion, they were fab though! Our day was spent just chilling by the pool, eating and a couple of drinks (although I was on best behaviour, Cola Light for me) as knew that Happy Hour at the Likya Pavilion was imminent!!  :D

We left around 4.30pm said farewell to the boys and we all went back to get ready for our final evening in Paradise!

We met up again early evening for a stroll down the hill for Happy Hour! via Simply Chic and the Pharmacy to check out Bob's eye, as it seemed to be getting worse. The Pharmacist was there and was so helpful, prescribed some antibiotic drops and even adminstered them for him, along with some antihistamine tablets and Bob was sorted.

Just the one bottle Ab Fab team had agreed, but it turned out to be a bottle of wine each, well for me and my partner in crime.   We had such a fun time, laughing all the way!! We left for a very slow walk along the harbour back up to Wapiano for 9pm.  We had already booked the table, and so it all began, fabulous food, a steak for me this time with a pepper sauce, it was absolutely delicious, a little more wine, and then the dancing began.  I really can't honestly remember how it started, again no dance floor to speak of, but we soon sorted out our space, and  we certainly livened things up in there! Imagine you'll hear more about it soon!   ;D ;D ;D

It was well after midnight by the time we staggered up the hill to the taxi rank, our transfer to Dalaman was picking us up at 8am.  We said a very sad farewell to our friends, but we had had an amazing holiday!

Monday ...................

The day of doom had arrived, but wasn't going to feel miserable, 39 days was a long time, so I must not be feeling ungrateful I thought.  I was feeling very fuzzy headed though, but I soon rallied, last minute packing was done, cheese and tomatoe sandwiches for the airport, and at 7.55am the car had arrived.  We arrived at the airport about 9.30am, we were flying via Istanbul again, and the first flight was leaving at 11.25am. Everything went smoothly but the flight was delayed by half an hour so on arrival at Istanbul, by the time we got off the plane, we only had about 45 minutes to get from the domestic airport to the international one, but it all worked, and we boarded on time.  The only thing was that we weren't given seats together as the plane was full to capacity, along with a few other people too, but the ground staff sorted it once on board and we were given seats together thank goodness!

We arrived at Heathrow around 4pm, pleasantly surprised at how warm it was.  Collected the car and in no time at all we were on our way home!

Tuesday ..................

Bob is back to work today, I am fortunate that I'm back on Thursday.  Did the dreaded thing of jumping on the scales and 6 pounds on..... well it could be worse, but I have to say I enjoyed everything I have eaten, so it's worth it I think!

Anyway folks, thank you for all your lovely comments on my 2016 Blog, I will look forward to reading everyone else's now, and if you are fortunate enough to be going to Kalkan now, have a wonderful time, just like we all did.

Over and out now until next year!

Shirl xxx

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #132 on: August 30, 2016, 10:34:32 AM »
Only 6 pounds over that length of time is seriously impressive! Thank you so much for sharing your adventures with us Shirl!

Offline janeb

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2016, 10:46:03 AM »
Thank you so much, I've enjoyed reading all your wonderful reports. :)

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
« Reply #134 on: August 30, 2016, 11:18:04 AM »
Smashing stuff - thanks Jayne! It's been very therapeutic reading your fun-filled posts during my convalescence. I will be back out there as soon as I can walk again, but will definitely see you there next year. We have a lot of making up for lost time to do!!  >:D

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #135 on: August 30, 2016, 12:24:08 PM »
Put weight on in Kalkan?

Unheard of - all those diet chips and healthy Mediterranean diet? ???

I'll bet it was the airline food on the return that did it >:D
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline Sallyjane

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #136 on: August 30, 2016, 06:36:32 PM »
Been lovely reading all your wonderful reports thanks so much Jayne you certainly have had the best time and packed so much in.  :D
Me and my oh will be there on Friday staying at Emir this time and cannot wait!

Offline Mrs M!

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
  • Holiday Junkie!
    • Share Post
« Reply #137 on: August 30, 2016, 07:51:37 PM »
I've absolutely loved reading your reports - thank you so much! You've given me a wonderful feeling of happy anticipation of our imminent 4th visit to Kalkan to celebrate my 'significant' Birthday :)
Lou :)

Offline Tyros

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #138 on: August 31, 2016, 12:37:31 AM »
Really enjoyed your blogs Jayne, only sorry we were not there to see you and Bob, maybe next year. We are looking forward to being there in three weeks time for a few weeks. Take care and hope to see you next year.
Mr & Mrs Tyros (Graham & Sandra)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #139 on: August 31, 2016, 06:44:53 AM »
Thank you for all your lovely comments, and Tyros we are sorry we missed you, we did say when we were out, wondering if you were there, but maybe next year we will be there at the same time and of course you too Christina.  :D :D meanwhile, everyone have a fabulous time and of course looking forward to a blog or two.   :D :D :D

xxx

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Sea Front Promenade from town beach to Komerluk - back on?

Started by Jamera on General Discussion

14 Replies
Last post February 13, 2009, 12:18:51 AM
by Roxie
xx
Sun, Sea and Shirl!

Started by Bob & Jayne on Holiday Reports and Reviews

100 Replies
Last post September 05, 2015, 10:18:37 PM
by Skunk
xx
Shirl & Bob - We've Finally Gone and Done It!

68 Replies
Last post June 22, 2018, 04:33:39 PM
by Babs
xx
Sassy Shirl is Reunited - Absolutely Fabulous!!!!

80 Replies
Last post September 05, 2017, 09:27:08 AM
by Lizilu20

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan Harbour.JPG

Views: 2855
By: Lindy
Kalkan