Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: New food shop in Kalamar  (Read 5960 times)

Offline pious aquilla

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
New food shop in Kalamar
« on: March 26, 2008, 09:34:09 AM »
Does anyone know anything about a new food shop which is supposed to have opened somewhere near the Kalamar beach club??? If this rumour is true that would be wonderful for all of us who have villas in Kalamar!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1280.0

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: New food shop in Kalamar
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 01:02:19 PM »
I was in Kalamar last week by the beach club, I never saw a shop.

Hope they do open a shop though because the nearest one to us along kalamar road has closed >:(

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 06:50:47 PM »
Begonvil, do you mean the shop opposite the Beyhan Apts.? I hope not, it''s a long walk to the next shop for the morning bread.
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 10:47:33 PM »
Hi Littlelin yes that is the shop I mean, opposite the Beyhan Apts.

I was gutted when we drove past and saw that it had closed down.

They are doing some work on the inside of the shop, looks like they are going to make it into apartment''s.

We will just have to buy extra bread form the supermarkets, it does freeze pretty well, I have tried it.

I just can''t understand why no one has opened a shop in Kalamar Bay it would be a little gold mine!!!

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 05:29:39 PM »
Thanks Begonvil. Unfortunately we don''t have a freezer, only a small ice-box in the fridge, just big enough for the essential ice-cubes. We''ll just have to buy bread the evening before when we''re in town. I know the lease was up sometime soon on the shop but the owner said he was looking to move just a few doors further along (towards Kalamar). I did suggest to him he might start up a bread delivery round in the mornings, like they do in France on the campsites, which would be appreciated by those who live further down in the bay but he dismissed the idea.

Am now seriously considering whether to hire a car at the airport instead of getting a transfer, at least we''d be able to pop into town for fresh bread.

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 11:44:23 PM »
With all the construction work that is going on in Kalamar Bay at the moment, they will need to open a supermarket to cater for all the new properties that are being built!!

The land that has been sold the other side of the Kulube is already in the process of having 6 big villas built, they have put a new road in leading off the new main road down to the Kulube and a road coming off that one so you end up at the bottom of the bay.

I have also heard that there is going to be a village built behind the Kulube!!! Time will tell.

The 6 new expensive villas by the beach club, there is some sort of construction going on, our Turkish neighbour told us that they were building another 6 villas in front of these, and we were also told that it was going to be a extension of the beach club, I will be surprised if it is going to be another 6 villas they would be to near the sea.

Behind the beach club the apartment block that they were building last year is compleated with a blue glass lift on the side.

I have taken some pics so i will try to put some in the gallery at the weekend.

Amanda

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 08:12:42 AM »
As I understand the land is too expensive to make use as a food shop viable!

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 02:15:35 PM »
Hi
Speaking to Ibo the guy who ran the shop in Kalmar, from what he said it  closed because:

the new rent was to increase

he made little money in the winter as there were not many Turkish workman around due to the reduction
  in construction

he had been in the UK for nearly two months and the guys he left to run it were not really up to it

British people in the summer tended only to buy bits and pieces from him doing main shops in the village
  or Fethiye

he also works full time now for Beyhan in the centre so no more running across the road to help out
  he prefers a salary he can rely on rather than all the work and little return from a small shop

Seems very much the same reasons as for the demise of the English corner shop....

There are at least four new empty "shop units" on the Kalamar road but are probably too expensive
  as a food shop so we will probably get some more estate agents

Although under the Yelkin apartments it has been opened up and tidied up perhaps a shop there??

So for the moment its a walk into Kalkan for your bread - OK now but warm in the summer  :-*   

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 07:37:52 PM »
Thanks Kevin. We always tried to shop locally because I had a fear that this might happen. He had some grand plans when he first opened, hot lunch time foods etc but it never seemed to take off. Shame as it''s such a long walk to the nearest shop and there''s only so many times I can suffer that walk up the hill.

Offline Elee

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 09:56:49 AM »
Further to Begonvil''s suggestion that the shop opposite Beyhan apartments is possibly going to be turned into apartments, I have received an e mail from Ibo who states that the owner is still trying to keep it as a shop but so far no-one is interested in taking it on.

Is there anyone who knows someone who might like to take it over? It could be a gold mine with all the new villas being built in Kalamar Bay. I hope there will be someone who could be interested.

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 12:52:36 PM »
Hi Elee

The rental on the shop is apparantly 1000 YTL a month [+18%KDV] and that is before you furnish the interior yourself or you open the door . Then electricity - property tax - etc etc etc..............
Not really a paying proposition for anyone I would think?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Food shop

Started by woody on General Discussion

20 Replies
Last post June 30, 2009, 10:03:32 PM
by Chucky
xx
Weekly Food Shop

Started by dharwood on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

0 Replies
Last post June 03, 2010, 08:58:57 AM
by dharwood
xx
Shop on Kalamar Road

Started by lynda on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

13 Replies
Last post February 07, 2009, 04:59:49 PM
by howmad
recycled
Cake shop?

Started by mangmang on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

17 Replies
Last post March 04, 2008, 02:37:23 PM
by Roxie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kekova Trip

Views: 2640
By: Bob & Jayne
Harbour at sunset