Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: In depth report on beach clubs around Kalkan  (Read 7414 times)

Offline deepasforever1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
In depth report on beach clubs around Kalkan
« on: July 30, 2013, 06:13:26 PM »
Rather than idle away my precious time here I thought I'd conduct some ground breaking research on the beach clubs round here. Using my fingers I've worked out i've been to 5 different ones!  Today it was the turn of Mahal beach club to support me in my investigations, which were thorough and waterproof in their cutting edge methods. 
In summary (i have to keep it short here as I need to go and eat out) I give Mahal 8.5 out Of 10.   ;D :D  will continue later!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11423.0

Offline Kajfish

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
Re: In depth report on beach clubs around Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 07:19:35 PM »
I love the Mahal Beach Club and particularly the traditionally made Turkish Pide for lunch.  Which other clubs have you been to?  I think the Palm Beach Club was our favourite this year (we didn't try it last year).  I look forward to further findings on your investigations!  :)

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 07:24:43 PM »
Our local,Palm beach club has a great barbeque night on a wednesday........A great night for research......interested to see if you pop down and what you think........Personal opinion but i think its the best one !!!

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 07:39:22 PM »
Yes, can't wait to read your in-depth report  :) Keep up the good work deepasforever1!

Offline deepasforever1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 10:23:42 AM »
Yesterday was Mahal beach club, which was fab but the 2 days before we'd pottered off to Palm beach, also lovely.  However, as with everything it depends on stuff ( profound thought for the day).  The first day at Palm beach we arrived earlyish - 10.30 maybe - and found sun beds on the platform by the sea.  For me it was perfect - as was our late breakfast in their restaurant and the ice cold homemade lemonade. The snorkelling was pretty good too  - better than Mahal . My partner 's only quibble was the constant vibrations as people moved around the platform, but he's a man and therefore extra sensitive of course. He was abe to retire to the ottoman areas for a siesta to sooth his furrowed brow you'll be pleased to hear!
The next day I returned, but in the afternoon, after lunch  and therefore had the last available sunbed, stuck up high in a rather earthy terrace, which wasn' so appealing, but was ok. I moved after a bit, when people started leaving, and found abeautifully positioned bed.  Tse service at Palm beach was excellent, the loos were first class and the water taxi frequent and lovely. A whopping 9.5 for Palm beach I think!
I did love MAhal, but it was more expensive.  4 tl for a small water as opposed to 2.5 at Palm beach.  But restaurant was v nice with amazing views at Mahal.
Time to swim now! Back with the latest undercurrents on Indigo and others later!!

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 11:34:42 AM »
Great report - can't wait till we're there in  5 weeks! We've been to Palm Beach, Mahal and Yali and Palm Beach has always been my favourite. Their homemade lemonade is to die for, looking forward to another few glasses of that :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 12:33:06 PM »
we love Palm too...totally our favourite and the only beach club we go to now, having tried them all over the years. I'm also another devotee of their home-made lemonade which is like a lemon slush puppy but sharp and thirst-quenching.
Regulars on here know I'm partial to a Mojito or two on my sunbed once my personal cocktail hour has been signalled by the external sources ;)
I can only have a frontline sunbed though...we get there really early (9.30am) so I have my pick of the beds :) and stay till around 6.30pm
Really love these reports deepasforever1, keep them coming.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 02:40:21 PM »
Good job we have never been to Kalkan at the same time as you K4E as I fear we would be fighting for the same beds!! I have a personal preference and then grades others in their role as substitutes should we not be quite prompt enough for the favoured beds! Definitely my favourite and who would think you could find toilets that clean at a beach?!
If we make it to Kalkan in October (disabled dog permitting) I am going to try one of those famous mojitos! :laugh:

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 02:53:25 PM »
ha ha Babs....we do exactly the same. There's the favoured spec followed by the reserve list, but I would be happy to share the reserve list bed space with you and yours if we weren't quick enough to bag the best ones... :-* Not Barry though >:D

Offline kalkanbabe

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 03:37:53 PM »
Hi
Have they got another boatman for the ferry to the Mahal Beachclub?  Yusuf, the guy who had been manning the boat for as long as I can remember, left last year and when we went last September they had a new chap who didn't know what he was doing and kept crashing the boat into the jetty.  I nearly fell in when trying to disembark :o , almost debagging one of the Mahal chaps in the bargain  :D and after that we got taxis!
Kalkanbabe

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 04:32:14 PM »
Not sure I want your cast offs K4E >:D >:D........maybe your blingy flip flops  :laugh: Barry wouldn't suit them!

I have used my favoured bed as my 'calm space' whilst undergoing dental treatment before now!

Phew....that got me off 666 posts!!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 10:25:11 PM »
Kalkanbabe not only is it a new boatman for the Mahal water taxi, it looks like a new boat too  :)
Oh Babs, I meant I wouldn't mind being next to you on the long frontline beds if we both missed out on our favourite spec. Thats the problem with that long line.....you never know who you are going to be next to. We did spend one visit next to a man in very skimpy gold trunks one year-not a young man I hasten to add - and it was like having my own personal sun reflector  :o  8) thankfully he left before cocktail hour or I may have been too distracted to watch the boats coming back.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 10:33:00 PM »
Is a deal then K4E........next year we'll coordinate and camp out on the front row.....towels at dawn!  :laugh:

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 11:10:16 PM »
I'm loving this!!! After 6 visits to Kalkan, I'm ashamed to say that we've never visited a beach club  :o I hope that this year will be different so I await tomorrow's instalment with bated breath!!! Thank you for your investigative journalism deepasforever!!!

Offline deepasforever1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2013, 07:10:01 AM »
Our local,Palm beach club has a great barbeque night on a wednesday........A great night for research......interested to see if you pop down and what you think........Personal opinion but i think its the best one !!!
.     What a shame, I missed this. I'll have try it another time - however we are off there again this am!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 08:21:05 AM »
oh deepasforever.....how I envy you....despite the fact that it is going to be over 30 degrees here in Kent today what wouldn't I give to be pegged out on one of the beds at Palm Beach rather than hunched over a computer doing the most tedious task that I have ever had to do in my long career!! :( :(

we went to a bbq at Palm Beach a few years ago and had a brilliant time.....lovely food, good company and a great mix of traditional and modern music so everyone was up dancing.....last year we went again expecting a repeat.....again the food was gorgeous, view exceptional etc etc......but the music was loud dance music (club style) even the 4 twenty odd year olds we had with us felt it was all wrong so we left quite early. Maybe it was just a one off.....I hope and imagine so.

can't believe I've just written something negative about Palm Beach.....one of my favourite places ever and certainly somewhere that I dream about when I need to chill out!! ::)

Offline deepasforever1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2013, 07:15:55 AM »
Back to work- more blue sky thinking about the issues affecting me in Kalkan, like what to wear... Back to beachclubs first.
I've visited Indigo a couple of times since I've been here. I like to swan down there mid/ late afternoon- preferably in time for free Turkish tea and cake. It's a very chilled place and I love it as it starts to empty out whilst the sun loses some of it's fierceness.  The lemonade is possibly my favourite too. They do a half day rate on sunbeds which I feel justifies a shortish visit. I think it was 5 tl.
I did notice there as a sign charging for the loos, but I assume that's for people wandering round the harbour.
It's a good spot for watersports and has a raft, but no trampoline, a chillout area, bar and restaurant. Good music too! Can't remember exactly what, but I' sure there was some Bob Marley in there...mmm. It's not bad for a bit of snorkeling either, although like all the clubs the area of sea is quite limited. It doesn't feel safe to break out of the swimming areas because there's so much going on with boats and watersports. (That applies to Palm beach and Mahal too).
Anyway, thanks for all the nice comments! Kalamar bay beckons and I must respond!

Offline deepasforever1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2013, 07:17:51 AM »
Forgot to give my all important raing ;D
I think 8.9999
 ;D

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2013, 08:46:37 AM »
Carry on the good work Deepasforeve1  :)
Jetting off in 7 days so am gathering all your findings and will debrief the family once your mission is complete  :)

Palm Beach will be our 'local' so really excited to hear that it seems to be a favourite with a lot of members.

Will be interested to hear about Kalamar as from a lot of posts on here, it seems to be popular with families/teenagers. My two are 15 and 19 so  I await your report.

Are we talking about 10tl per bed in most beach clubs?

Thanks. Enjoy!

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2013, 12:15:38 PM »
Oh dear, like Lizilu, in all my trips to Kalkan, I have never been to a beach club :o :o :o  Call me a spoiled brat (please do not), have always been at the villa, in the pool, or extracting sand from unmentionable parts after a visit to Patara :o :o :o.  Next visit, on the list, a beach club, promise ;) ;) ;)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

smiley
Beach Clubs

Started by ebodevon on General Discussion

32 Replies
Last post February 27, 2008, 10:32:21 AM
by Lorretta
xx
Beach Clubs

Started by jane on hols on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

2 Replies
Last post August 08, 2008, 08:47:52 PM
by Chucky
xx
Beach clubs

Started by TJ on General Discussion

31 Replies
Last post July 01, 2010, 07:45:37 PM
by kalkanbabe
xx
Beach clubs

Started by Babs on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

26 Replies
Last post July 22, 2011, 04:22:04 PM
by kele

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Gulet

Views: 4266
By: alisonh
Harbour Feb 2008