Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Curry anybody  (Read 13432 times)

Offline EK Moderator

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
Re: Curry anybody
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2013, 09:05:03 PM »
In view of comments Forum members have made on the "Antler" thread, please do not let this thread sink into the mire of unpleasantness.   :(

Offline One sheet

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2013, 09:16:00 PM »
It is I, One Sheet.

Having started this thread, I like to keep an eye on the views and posts of others.

I feel that I'm qualified to comment on TanZore because I have eaten there twice. Both meals were more or less perfect.
I can't get my head around comments regarding a restaurant - good, bad or indifferent from people who haven't stepped foot in the place.

Food is a very personal thing. One mans Brewers Farye is another mans Ivy.

Taking The Ivy as an example, you can easiery spend a couple of hundred quid on a very posh meal which will be stunning. On the other hand, Pie & Mash is just as good (not stunning mind you).

I think everyone who is partial to a well prepared, beautifully presented, tasty curry should try TanZore. After the meal, as your food slowly digests and the delicate flavours and spices release themselves, feel free to have your say.   ;)

Offline Automan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
    • www.baseautobodies.co.uk
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2013, 09:37:57 PM »
I totally agree One Sheet! I have not been to Tanzore before because it wasn't open in April on our last visit but we are all ready to give it a try in August. I am sure it will be fine as Kalkan is a tough market to crack as there are lots of good restaurants around! As a business owner myself I truly believe in supporting new business.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2013, 10:34:38 PM »
Just wanted to add that I went to the Ivy (London, not Kalkan) last year and it wasn't what I would call posh at all......but the food was fab. Sometimes we have preconceived ideas about what a place is like and when we actually try it, it's not what we think at all....just saying :)
Automan, you and Lizilu must let us know what you think of tanZore next month ;)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline One sheet

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2013, 07:12:03 AM »
Just wanted to add that I went to the Ivy (London, not Kalkan) last year and it wasn't what I would call posh at all......but the food was fab. Sometimes we have preconceived ideas about what a place is like and when we actually try it, it's not what we think at all....just saying :)
Automan, you and Lizilu must let us know what you think of tanZore next month ;)

Exactly. So all those that havent been, go. Then write a report on the choice, quality of food offered and the clincher for the odd person before they've set foot over the door step, price.

BTW, looked on line at the menu of the Ivy (London). I have to say that there truly wasn't one thing that took my eye. I was looking at going for a birthday treat. We went elsewhere.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2013, 08:57:11 AM »
Yes, we will K4E. It's funny but when onelove first mentioned thoughts of a curry restaurant in Kalkan, both Automan and I thought that due to the amount of restautants already, we probably wouldn't go, but now we can't wait after hearing such good reviews. And like Automan said, it's always good to support a new business.  :)

Offline Mrgrimsdale

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2013, 11:01:38 AM »
Think we'll give it a try on our last night tonight. See what all the fuss is about.
Pitkin

Offline One sheet

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2013, 11:48:17 AM »
Think we'll give it a try on our last night tonight. See what all the fuss is about.

Good man. You know it makes sence!!

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2013, 02:30:49 AM »

Hope you like it MGD......please let us all know what you think ???

And to all others thanks SOooo much for all your kind words of support, it's really appreciated :-))
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2013, 07:16:17 AM »
will be back in for our 5th visit since you opened next week. love love it! :) then its back to uk for a 6 week stay and a rubbish curry if we can be bothered :(

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2013, 12:12:02 PM »
will be back in for our 5th visit since you opened next week. love love it! :) then its back to uk for a 6 week stay and a rubbish curry if we can be bothered :(

Thanks Samson .....what a great recomendation ;-))).   You must be due a free bottle of wine !!!

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2013, 04:43:43 PM »
another fabulous meal in tanzore last night. was full and people waiting fot tables. will have the "free bottle" when back in september! dont suppose your chef wants to come back to kent with us on saturday? enjoy the rest of your trip down under "one love"

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2013, 04:48:32 PM »
 :)spelling not up to much in this heat. should have been for NOT fot :laugh:

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2013, 12:01:51 PM »
Fiona and I went last night for our first curry since coming over here in April, and we were not disappointed!

Very good food - obviously authentic cooking, from a chef who seems to have wisely made the dishes slightly lighter than we are used to in the UK (less ghee?), and therefore much more suitable for this climate - plus reasonable prices and excellent friendly service. Full marks. Absolutely no complaints.

Another one to add to our list of "recommended" restaurants for our apartment guests :)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2013, 05:24:24 PM »
Hi MartynE,

So glad you liked it  ;D

Thanks for the recommendation  ;)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Curry take 2

Started by One sheet on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

6 Replies
Last post August 16, 2013, 02:26:11 PM
by onelove
xx
Indian Curry Ingredients

Started by bankieken on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

11 Replies
Last post March 14, 2011, 06:41:50 PM
by bankieken

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Day Trip to Meis

Views: 5212
By: jinfizzz
Spot your villa