Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Half way through...  (Read 2572 times)

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Half way through...
« on: June 03, 2013, 09:48:38 AM »
Hi Chrissy - a short blog now we're half way through our hol  :) :)
First off, each time we set off for Kalkan we wonder if it will be our last trip there - will it be as lovely, as beautiful, as welcoming?  Well, we'll defo be back next year - it's as fabulous as ever.  A few small changes in restaurants and shops but other than that Kalkan is, we'll, Kalkan.  Idyllic. 

Weather has been hot - hotter then normal for this time of year I think. Had the odd very windy and slightly overcast day, but mostly wall to wall sunshine. I posted earlier on some of the restaurants we've been to, since then we can add Belgin's Kitchen which we love. Fabulous Turkish food at good prices. Love it there.   And also to Coast to see Omer who's now running it solo as Billy and Esra have moved on to other projects.  It feels more like the old Coast when it was where Kalamaki now is.  Had a lovely time there.  Last night we went to Ephesus restaurant which is down the steep hill to the Mosque from Moonlight. Lovely evening with traditional Turkish food cooked simply and with care.  Fab.

We also popped along to the harbour to see Ali and his new boat Zeus. His cousin has the old Zeus now named Therapy.  New Zeus? OMG it is fabulous!  Ali has worked hard on the boat all winter putting 6 coats of varnish on the mahogany and restoring the teak deck. Fabulous deep cushions to sprawl on, proper WCs - or heads as they're called on board- gorgeous dining area.  He showed us round whilst sipping a lovely glass of rosé.  Ali is a total sweetie and thanks Charlie for the recommendation some years ago now!  So we're out on Zeus tomorrow for a private hire.  We'll feel like millionaires as the boat can take 12! 

So, all of you still waiting for your Kalkan fix, and that moment when your breath catches as you round *that* bend on the D400 - do not fear.  Kalkan with all its magic, wonderful people, fabulous restaurants, everything - is waiting for you with wide open arms!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11106.0

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
Re: Half way through...
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 09:50:53 AM »
Meant to add - see you very soon K4E - have a good journey!  :laugh:

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 11:02:46 AM »
Thanks Rachey, fab report. It sounds like you're having a great time, hope the next half of your holiday goes nice and slowly so you can savour every minute.  8)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 01:03:23 PM »
Great report, Rachey - have a wonderful day like lottery winners on the new Zeus tomorrow. I'll be in the Champagne Bar at Terminal One, Manchester toasting my impending holiday (any excuse...) whilst you will are sailing in abject luxury around the coastline. Enjoy ;D ;D
We arrive quite late tomorrow, so promise not to whoop and cheer too loudly :laugh:
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 01:13:10 PM »
Great report Rachey.  Glad you liked the new Zeus, she is a beauty.  Have a great day tomorrow with Ali - it's a lovely feeling being a millionaire, even if only for a day!  Looking forward to joining him in July.
Enjoy the rest of your holiday.  Serefe!

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 03:36:05 PM »
Ooooh Rachey you make it sound so fantastic - although as you know I have been stalking you on FB anyway, following all your post lol. The boat trip sounds amazing will defo be having a look at his new boat, we went on the Emir last year and that was lovely too - it's much better when they have nice and proper toilets etc. That's a shock about Billy at Coast we had couple of nice meals there last year. Gosh your time has gone by so quickly - enjoy the rest of your holiday as i am sure you will and keep up the posts it is more than whetting my appetite and I am enjoying living your holiday with you - saddo that I am lol xx

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 05:13:59 PM »
Great report Rachey, keep them coming  8)

Billy & Esra are now running Kalkan's only Indian restaurant it's called tanZore @ Chapter One,
above Adda tours.
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 06:27:58 PM »
Have just sussed that from another post Onelove will definitely give it a try then as Billy is lovely and looked after us well when we visited Coast.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Are we half way through yet?

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on The Everything Else Area!

47 Replies
Last post April 03, 2009, 08:10:18 AM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
half way through

Started by seasick on Holiday Reports and Reviews

2 Replies
Last post October 04, 2010, 01:38:05 PM
by Blue Lizard
xx
It ain't half hot mum....

Started by Vieux con on Holiday Reports and Reviews

18 Replies
Last post August 30, 2008, 05:17:26 PM
by Hilary
xx
October half term

Started by Haybo on Weather

7 Replies
Last post June 30, 2017, 07:21:01 AM
by strombole

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal