Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Mountain Bikes  (Read 3912 times)

Offline kalkanbelle

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 31
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Mountain Bikes
« on: March 09, 2012, 02:49:33 PM »
Does anyone know if it is possible to hire mountain bikes in or around Kalkan?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9106.0

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
Re: Mountain Bikes
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 06:50:06 PM »
Dont know of any company in Kalkan who hire bikes but there is at least one in the centre of Kas.One of the tour companies in Kalkan offered a biking day out last year but not sure how popular it was!

Offline dshiels

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 04:01:12 PM »
I had wondered the same thing!  We are in Kalkan for the last two weeks of May and our main cycle club race is two days after we return home so I wanted to try to maintain some kind of training while in Kalkan (temperature permitting) and to combat the evening meal calories.

I'm not really a gym type person so ideally wanted to hire a road/racing bike, although I realise that may be a long shot so a mountain bike would suffice.

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 04:44:17 PM »
For our triathlon on 6 May we are getting the bikes from Bougainville Turizm in Kas.  Xanthos travel in Kas will also hire you bikes.  I think you can get their details from a google search - if not - let me know and I will look out their details!  :)

Pity you are not around to join us on 6 May and raise some sponsorship money...  :(
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 08:30:49 AM »
...the thought of getting on a pushbike in Kalkan (mountain or otherwise) brings me out in a cold sweat :o :o
Good luck with your triathlon, Felicity :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 09:45:54 AM »
if you get a tandem make sure you are the one in front ...the view is much better :-\
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline dshiels

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 08:45:24 AM »
For our triathlon on 6 May we are getting the bikes from Bougainville Turizm in Kas.  Xanthos travel in Kas will also hire you bikes.  I think you can get their details from a google search - if not - let me know and I will look out their details!  :)

Pity you are not around to join us on 6 May and raise some sponsorship money...  :(

Thanks Felicity, I will have a look for those companies.  I would loved to have been there for the triathlon along my swimming and running leaves a lot do be desired.  I'm more a splasher than a swimmer!

Offline dshiels

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 08:46:02 AM »
if you get a tandem make sure you are the one in front ...the view is much better :-\

I suppose that all depends on who you are sitting behind!

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 12:22:41 PM »
I had wondered the same thing!  We are in Kalkan for the last two weeks of May and our main cycle club race is two days after we return home so I wanted to try to maintain some kind of training while in Kalkan (temperature permitting) and to combat the evening meal calories.

I'm not really a gym type person so ideally wanted to hire a road/racing bike, although I realise that may be a long shot so a mountain bike would suffice.
You could always visit the spinning class at Kalkan gym, I know you state that you aren't a gym person, but it is an option. http://kalkan.turkishlocalnews.com/portal/loe/icalrepeat.detail/2012/03/26/4932/-/YTc1OTcxZjExZTBiODIwODVlZWFlZDU3MThiNjgwNDE=
I'll get me coat!! ;-).....Bang on!

Offline Hobbit

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 06:40:21 AM »
Hi,

If you do get hold of a bike, I would be happy to ride out with you.  I live in Kalkan and have a road bike and a mtb and try and get out regularly, though by end of May it could be limited to early starts.

Drop me a note if you manage to get hold of a bike, though Kas will be a better bet for you.  Let me know if I can help at all?

The other alternative would be to bring your bike out with you?  Airlines charge around £40 for the return trip, though you have to book it in advance; if you can borrow/hire a bike bag, could be a solution for you.  I brought my carbon roadie out with me in a bag in January, no problem at all.

Cheers

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 02:07:17 PM »
My husband also took a mountain bike over to kalkan 2 years ago to leave there, my advise for anyone wanting to go biking while on holiday is to make sure your travel insurance covers you for this!
We took out a separate policy just for mountain bikes, it cost about £22 for 12 months, at least you have got peace of mind if you have a accident!!!

Offline Gnestakalle

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 03:25:13 PM »
I know that there will open a new rental business at Kalamar road that also rent out high quality mountain bikes soon ...

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Mountain walk.

Started by GARDENIA PAT on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post August 23, 2010, 09:47:49 PM
by GARDENIA PAT
xx
Mountain biking

Started by Vally on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

2 Replies
Last post February 06, 2011, 10:11:13 AM
by Vally
xx
how high is the mountain in Kalkan

Started by brian j p on General Discussion

16 Replies
Last post November 04, 2013, 06:15:09 PM
by brian j p
xx
Mountain Bike Wanted

Started by Kalkankiwi on Classifieds - Wanted

1 Replies
Last post June 07, 2016, 06:00:25 AM
by amber

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan Harbour

Views: 3928
By: Bob & Jayne
Kalkan kittens