Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: kalkanbelle on March 09, 2012, 02:49:33 PM

Title: Mountain Bikes
Post by: kalkanbelle on March 09, 2012, 02:49:33 PM
Does anyone know if it is possible to hire mountain bikes in or around Kalkan?
Title: Re: Mountain Bikes
Post by: amber on March 09, 2012, 06:50:06 PM
Dont know of any company in Kalkan who hire bikes but there is at least one in the centre of Kas.One of the tour companies in Kalkan offered a biking day out last year but not sure how popular it was!
Post by: dshiels on March 19, 2012, 04:01:12 PM
I had wondered the same thing!  We are in Kalkan for the last two weeks of May and our main cycle club race is two days after we return home so I wanted to try to maintain some kind of training while in Kalkan (temperature permitting) and to combat the evening meal calories.

I'm not really a gym type person so ideally wanted to hire a road/racing bike, although I realise that may be a long shot so a mountain bike would suffice.
Post by: felicity on March 19, 2012, 04:44:17 PM
For our triathlon on 6 May we are getting the bikes from Bougainville Turizm in Kas.  Xanthos travel in Kas will also hire you bikes.  I think you can get their details from a google search - if not - let me know and I will look out their details!  :)

Pity you are not around to join us on 6 May and raise some sponsorship money...  :(
Post by: kalkan4eva on March 20, 2012, 08:30:49 AM
...the thought of getting on a pushbike in Kalkan (mountain or otherwise) brings me out in a cold sweat :o :o
Good luck with your triathlon, Felicity :)
Post by: Blue Lizard on March 20, 2012, 09:45:54 AM
if you get a tandem make sure you are the one in front ...the view is much better :-\
Post by: dshiels on March 21, 2012, 08:45:24 AM
For our triathlon on 6 May we are getting the bikes from Bougainville Turizm in Kas.  Xanthos travel in Kas will also hire you bikes.  I think you can get their details from a google search - if not - let me know and I will look out their details!  :)

Pity you are not around to join us on 6 May and raise some sponsorship money...  :(

Thanks Felicity, I will have a look for those companies.  I would loved to have been there for the triathlon along my swimming and running leaves a lot do be desired.  I'm more a splasher than a swimmer!
Post by: dshiels on March 21, 2012, 08:46:02 AM
if you get a tandem make sure you are the one in front ...the view is much better :-\

I suppose that all depends on who you are sitting behind!
Post by: Potter on March 24, 2012, 12:22:41 PM
I had wondered the same thing!  We are in Kalkan for the last two weeks of May and our main cycle club race is two days after we return home so I wanted to try to maintain some kind of training while in Kalkan (temperature permitting) and to combat the evening meal calories.

I'm not really a gym type person so ideally wanted to hire a road/racing bike, although I realise that may be a long shot so a mountain bike would suffice.
You could always visit the spinning class at Kalkan gym, I know you state that you aren't a gym person, but it is an option. http://kalkan.turkishlocalnews.com/portal/loe/icalrepeat.detail/2012/03/26/4932/-/YTc1OTcxZjExZTBiODIwODVlZWFlZDU3MThiNjgwNDE=
Post by: Hobbit on May 08, 2012, 06:40:21 AM
Hi,

If you do get hold of a bike, I would be happy to ride out with you.  I live in Kalkan and have a road bike and a mtb and try and get out regularly, though by end of May it could be limited to early starts.

Drop me a note if you manage to get hold of a bike, though Kas will be a better bet for you.  Let me know if I can help at all?

The other alternative would be to bring your bike out with you?  Airlines charge around £40 for the return trip, though you have to book it in advance; if you can borrow/hire a bike bag, could be a solution for you.  I brought my carbon roadie out with me in a bag in January, no problem at all.

Cheers
Post by: Begonvil on May 08, 2012, 02:07:17 PM
My husband also took a mountain bike over to kalkan 2 years ago to leave there, my advise for anyone wanting to go biking while on holiday is to make sure your travel insurance covers you for this!
We took out a separate policy just for mountain bikes, it cost about £22 for 12 months, at least you have got peace of mind if you have a accident!!!
Post by: Gnestakalle on November 30, 2012, 03:25:13 PM
I know that there will open a new rental business at Kalamar road that also rent out high quality mountain bikes soon ...
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal