Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Beach Clubs Update Please  (Read 4270 times)

Offline Firecat

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Beach Clubs Update Please
« on: August 10, 2012, 09:57:18 AM »
I know I know - you can find masses of info on beach clubs if you search the phrase, but a lot of it is out of date now as it seems to me the beach clubs keep changing both in terms of name and style. Can anyone provide a quick summary of what's where and what sort of vibe one can expect? I am staying in a villa at the Old Town end of the Kalamar Rd (near the Oasis Hotel) and although I love the pool you cannot beat swimming in the sea IMO. I heard mention of a beach club accessible on foot from where I am but I cannot remember what it's called. I am a solo traveller so I am looking for a relaxing, comfortable space not a family orientated one geared towards kids and water sports. Also I am a typical English rose who cannot sit in the sun without risking hospitalisation so to arrive and find no shade would make my heart sink. I really haven't got a clue where all the beach clubs are in relation to each other so a round up would be invaluable  :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9984.0
Cat on a hot tin roof

Offline skoolie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Beach Clubs Update Please
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 11:38:46 AM »
Hi Firecat,  Yali Beach Club is a short taxi ride away from where you are staying. Would not recommend walking there, the road is not very good to the Beach Club. You will have a lovely chilled day there.  Lots of shade and comfy sunbeds. Nice restaurant also, had a lovely lunch there when we visited in June. Indigo Beach Club is just outside the harbour wall.
I am in Kalkan from the 30th August to 6th September (first holiday in Kalkan on my own!). If you would like to meet up for a drink any evening that would be very nice.

Offline Firecat

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 11:51:39 AM »
Hi skoolie. First holiday on my own too which is both exciting and a bit scary! I arrive on 5 September, late afternoon, so it looks like that drink might have to be that evening if you fly home the next day! I'm up for a glass of Lal or two on the 5th though. 

I was thinking Yali or Mahal as they both seem relaxing and comfortable but I didn't know if my info was up to date or if there was a new kid on the block with just the features I was looking for. I definitely want peace and tranquility not jet skis and banana rides.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 11:59:48 AM »
Indigo beach club by the harbour is your nearest and very nice but if you walk to where the lighthouse on the shore side is there are little boats to take you to most of the others. Think you would like Caretta Caretta and Palm Beach Club, both of which have a boat service.

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 01:20:07 PM »
Hi Firecat.  I think Yali Beach might be very suitable.  It has always been quiet when we have been there.  As previously said it has a restaurant on site.  The messe was delicious.  They were updating their facilities when we when in May so should be up and running by now.  They have introduced a charge for their sunbeds this year, but so have everyone else apparently.  We used to walk from the harbour as we didn't find the road too bad, but you might want to take a taxi the first time and see what you think.

Wherever you go, enjoy.
Jo

Offline skoolie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 01:28:49 PM »
Hi Firecat,   Yali beach Club is ideal, no jet skis or banana boat rides! .....not when I went in June, anyway! Not been to Mahal, that is on my "To do" list.
It would be lovely to meet up on the 5th September for a drink or two!....my last evening in Kalkan :(

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 02:20:32 PM »
We went to Mahal today and it is lovely.  They have a few boats around but nothing noisy.  The restaurant is very good and altogether I think it's the best.  You can get a water taxi from the harbour. It is very shady in the mornings and the sun shades are big and of good quality. I would recommend it. SX

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 02:38:24 PM »
I would also recommend palm beach club very peaceful with good facilities and reasonable restaurant prices etc, we are definitely going to try mahal this coming visit as I think that is the top of the bunch,  Indigo beach club (at the harbour) is also very relaxing and also has the added bonus you can come and go as you please into town for lunch etc if you so wish so when you are there you are not stuck all day. I also know Yali is very nice too.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 03:16:00 PM »
Palm is our favourite beach club, closely followed by Mahal. Of the two, I'd say Mahal is the most peaceful and the layout means your sunbed is very private. Palm can be very busy if you're on the deck as opposed to up in the "garden areas", so just be aware - as others have said, the water taxis go from the harbour - right at the end under Fener Cafe.
Your nearest beach club is definitely Indigo and you literally walk down through Lykia Estate and past Samira Gardens, down the steps to Cardiac Hill and its straight ahead of you. I think this would be a good beach club for a solo traveller who is sociable as it has a nice vibe and there appears to be less families and more groups of friends (in my experience)
We like Yali but haven't been since it was refurbished and became Lykia Gardens - has the beach club adopted that name too? We did hope to go in September as I was desperate to see the new hotel, but we have decided (BH has decided...) we just can't fit another trip in this year now as we are away elsewhere in November :-[
All the beach clubs provide parasols with the sunbeds so shade shouldn't be a problem and Yali becomes quite shaded in the afternoon because of its location. We've walked there down past the Lykia Residence and not found it a problem.
I think the only one to avoid really is Kalamar which is very lively and family-orientated.
Have a great stay :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline kalkanbabe

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 03:45:21 PM »
Hi

Mahal Beach Club is our favorite.  Plenty of shade, lovely food and good toilets!

You have to get the boat from the harbour.

Kalkanbabe

Offline Sandancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 04:47:57 PM »
I know this is an old thread but any news on 2013.?  We will be there in May, as we were last year.  Palm Beach Club did not open while we were there and Indigo was preparing to open. We did try Mahal and enjoyed it.  As we are there for almost the whole month we are hoping to try a few of them.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2013, 05:30:27 PM »
In my opinion Kalamar Beach Club is the best, so nice!  ;D

Jayne

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2013, 05:58:53 PM »
I quite like Kalamar but the Mahal for me every time! Now I have had my hips done, I should be able to get the boat there and back.  :o :o 8) Last year it was expensive on taxis.  :-\

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2013, 06:54:31 PM »
Kalamar for me too.
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline Sandancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2013, 08:43:26 PM »
Is the Kalamar walkable from the Samira in town?

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 08:56:56 PM »
I really wouldn't recommend it! we did it last year, and thought I was going to collapse in the heat by the time we got to Cafe Vita!

What we didn't know at the time was 1) how far it was, and 2) that if you ring the Beach Club you can get a free taxi there and back as long as you pay for your sun beds, which is only about £5 each I think.  Such a lovely place, and we will definitely be revisiting in August, but not on foot this time!

Jayne
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 09:11:47 PM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline Sandancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 09:03:21 PM »
Thanks for the info - we will definately give it a go.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Beach club update

Started by alshepuk on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

22 Replies
Last post August 06, 2009, 06:22:27 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Beach Clubs

Started by jane on hols on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

2 Replies
Last post August 08, 2008, 08:47:52 PM
by Chucky
xx
Beach Clubs

Started by LancashireLass on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

6 Replies
Last post May 04, 2012, 12:31:32 PM
by nakres84
xx
Beach clubs

Started by Lynne T on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

20 Replies
Last post July 13, 2014, 08:01:09 AM
by BarbH

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Emir Apartments

Views: 14280
By: JenJen
London skyline