Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Beach clubs  (Read 9010 times)

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Beach clubs
« on: June 01, 2014, 07:05:27 PM »
We are renting a villa off the kalamar road  , which beach bars would you recommend . I am going to spend a day by the sea even if it's on my own .
Lynne

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12131.0
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 07:45:16 PM by Lynne T »

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
Re: Beach bars
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 07:10:22 PM »
Got to be Kleo bar for me if you mean by the town beach, fantastic views, cocktails, coffees and service.

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
Re: Beach clubs
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 07:44:24 PM »
I might have worded this wrong Chrissy , I love kleo's  and it's happy hour . I have just realised its beach clubs I need help with .
Lynne

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 08:08:52 PM »
Depending which end of Kalamar Road you are either Kalamar Beach Club or if you are town end, Yali or Caretta are walking distance. Other than that walk down to the harbour and take your pick from the water taxis.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 09:18:17 PM »
Lynne, if you are Kalamar end, definitely recommend Kalamar Beach Club, it is really a lovely one to visit.  If you are town beach end, then would recommend Kalkan Beach Club, only discovered this last year, and have to say it is definitely our favourite.  Enjoy whichever one you decide on.

Jayne

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 09:46:19 PM »
Agree. Kalkan Beach Club is nice, so is palm if you want it a bit quieter. Great food at both. Lovely way to spend a day.

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 07:13:58 AM »
Thanks everyone for your help . We are about 5 mins up the road behind the supermarket. Where is the Kalamar one ? Is it where you go down the road opposite Bread and more , all the way down passed the hotel on the cliff and turn right at the bottom. If so is it the 1st or 2nd one .
Lynne

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 09:16:04 AM »
The first one belongs to Kalkan Garden's hotel and the second one is Caretta Caretta. Both are very nice, we quite like the second one. To get to Kalamar beach club - with Bread & More on your right you keep walking along the Kalamar Road for quite a way until you get to Kalamar Bay.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 09:33:06 AM »
The one down the road you are describing is probably Yali Beach Club (which as KR says is now part of Lykia Gardens Hotel but its open to non-residents), so you are town end of Kalamar Road, possibly? Although there are a couple of supermarkets along the road now so not sure which one you are behind?
Kalamar Beach Club has a free taxi service you just need to call them and they will collect you and take you back. The number is on KTLN :)

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 06:56:49 PM »
How long would you say the walk to the Kalamar  beach club from bread and more ? The supermarket is the one just before bread and more coming from the town . Sorry it's our 3rd visit but we have just eaten and slobbed by the pool.
Thanks for all your help guys Lynne

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2014, 10:42:50 PM »
It should take about 15/20 mins going but double that coming back as the hill is very steep down to Kalamar Beach Club. Puts Cardiac Hill in the shade.... :o :o

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 07:06:48 AM »
Yep - that final hill down to Kalamar bay is quite punishing. I find it even worse going down than going up - I am recovering from a broken leg and knee, and really feel the pressure on my joints. I need to grab hold on everything in sight - railings, shrubs, dogs' tails - for fear of slipping on the fine stones. I'd recommend sturdy footwear rather than flip flops. Once down there though, it is certainly worth it.

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2014, 07:01:47 AM »
What makes a good beach club for you ? I suddenly realised that we could walk all the way down to the Kalamar bay and then it be noisy and crowded .
What I am looking for is peace by the sea we easy access , with nice food and drinks oh and not bad toilets .
Lynne

Offline suziq

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2014, 04:56:40 PM »
Hi Lynne, I love all the beach clubs but one of my favourites is Palm beach. It is a short free boat ride from the Harbour to the opposite side. The toilets are very clean, the restaurant has a varied menu, the welcome and attention is excellent and it stays in the sun right up until sunset. Yali and Caretta are great for morning and early afternoon visits but tend to be in the shade towards the end of the afternoon.

Palm Beach also has a choice of decking, grass, rock or beach to choose from, for your day of sunbathing. There is also the option of entering the sea from the very small beach area if you don't like going down the usual step ladder which most beach clubs  have. There are also small individual cabanas with nice floaty curtains which are fabulous for some privacy and to get out of the heat if necessary.

Please note none of the beach clubs as far as I know provide towels which a lot of new guests expect. I think this is normal in USA.

All the clubs set up a tab at the start of the day which includes entry, sunbed and parasol hire. All meals and drinks are added to this and the bill is settled on departure.

Wherever you choose have fun and enjoy your holiday.

Offline Skiddy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2014, 05:47:54 PM »
What's a typical cost?
I hope I live until I die.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2014, 05:55:24 PM »
They all vary, but our favourite is Kalkan Beach Club, last year we paid 5TL each for the boat over there, the sunbeds were free, and then if you had a drink or food, they refunded the boat trip off of your bill.  Again, it is our personal favourite Beach Club.  Kalamar Beach Club is also very good, they pick you up by taxi and bring you back free of charge but you pay for the sunbeds, but can't remember how much they were.  That was last year, so imagine will be much the same this year. Fab setting though, and lots of things for kids to do too.

Jayne & Bob

Offline jackonews

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 05:43:30 PM »
We are going with our grandson 18 months ! Are any of the beach clubs child freindly? Or small toddler freindly really? If not which beaches ? There is a pool at apartments but wanted to try something different? Any advice ,we have been twice before but only adults

Offline mel

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 09:36:36 PM »
I think Akcagerme beach near Kas would be the most suitable for young children. It is level, adjacent car park,  cafe and toilets. The sea is normally calm and warmer than Kalkan. There is a large grassy area and childrens playground also 3 water slides that go into  swimming pool.

Offline mel

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2014, 09:41:35 PM »
Forgot to say it is also very reasonable,  last time I was there I bought an ice lolly for 50kr!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2014, 09:48:44 PM »
I agree with Mel. If you don't drive the Dolmus/bus stops right by here and you can pick to up at the bus station, or on the D400. Palm Beach has a small area that they reserve for families with children where there is direct access to the sea, but generally the beach clubs are more adult orientated, or for older children. Personally I think little ones of this age prefer the pool with lots of inflatables...

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Beach clubs

Started by TJ on General Discussion

31 Replies
Last post July 01, 2010, 07:45:37 PM
by kalkanbabe
xx
Beach Clubs

Started by kizzy on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

11 Replies
Last post June 23, 2014, 10:10:03 PM
by Babs
xx
BEACH CLUBS

Started by lradders on General Discussion

15 Replies
Last post June 12, 2008, 07:00:27 PM
by KalkanPosh
xx
Beach Clubs

Started by LancashireLass on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

6 Replies
Last post May 04, 2012, 12:31:32 PM
by nakres84

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Sunrise from Bellamine

Views: 3289
By: Rachey
EK 70s Night