Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hi ho hi ho, off to Kalkan we go........  (Read 30351 times)

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Hi ho hi ho, off to Kalkan we go........
« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2012, 10:22:25 AM »
Oh Lizilu, that'll teach us all to think we can be independent over there!!! It sounds absolutely ghastly - particularly the old man following you to the loo!!!! I cracked up laughing at your account of it but it really doesn't sound much like fun.  I think GK and GB had the better idea!  Hope you enjoyed the trip to Patara, stands more of a chance I think.   Meanwhile, Jayne is flying today and we are flying Monday so not long to go now.  We will probably pass you on our way to Kalkan from Dalaman!! You are meeting up with Bob and Jayne tomorrow aren't you?  Hope that goes well and you have a good craic. Make sure we arrange to meet up next year. Love SX  :) :) :)

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2012, 10:47:40 AM »
The secret of Kekova is to continue driving on the narrow but main road through the village until you get to the big car park which is a dead end and it's clear you are at the end of the road, Any man trying to direct you off and signs that indicating this is the way to the car park are intended to get you to stop where their boat is moored and you are then a sitting duck!
We've found the hassle from the main car park not too bad.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2012, 10:56:00 AM »
Lizilu, I don't know whose posts are more entertaining to read, your's or Antler's!!! I couldn't resist just switching the laptop on to have a quick peak on EK before we leave!

Well we have shut the cases, having had to remove a few things, but hopefully we are spot on 20kgs each! Leaving in an hour en route to Bournemouth Airport for our flight at 2.40pm.  Should be arriving around 10.30, and hopefully will be able to get to Hunkar's for a Chicken Shish before they close!

Looking forward to meeting you on Sunday, and looking forward to meeting you Skunk on Tuesday. 

J&B

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2012, 05:21:59 PM »
Another fab report Lizilu!! What an adventure Kekova was for you!! I was vegetarian for about 5 yrs then i met Stephen(who is a proper cave man where meat is concerned!!) and we'd gone to Jersey for a holiday and this was late 80's when veggie meals in restaurants were limited,  so i'd eaten cheese salads and omelettes whilst Stephen was tucking into steaks etc and one morning at breakfast i just cracked and said give me a sausage, i need meat!!!! And that was the end of me being veggie although i have to say i still don't eat much meat, i tend to eat more fish/seafood.
Bob and Jayne and Skunk, have a lovely holiday and enjoy the rest of yours Lizilu :) :) :)
Nicky

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2012, 06:00:19 PM »
Rather a dangerous thing to say at breakfast isn't it???? :o :o :o
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2012, 06:50:22 PM »
Thanks HolmfirthNicky I'm sure we will.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2012, 07:07:24 PM »
Rather a dangerous thing to say at breakfast isn't it???? :o :o :o

LMAO  :D

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2012, 07:29:23 AM »
Thanks guys for all your lovely comments, BL you don't half crack me up  ;D ;D ;D.
Friday was anther great day, we changed th CD in the car to another one from the villa - 80's rock, but we quite missed Dolly really. We headed off to patara and took a wrong turn in the village. We asked a Turkish guy, who was tending some hotel gardens, if he would point us in the right direction, he kindly did this, then ran behind us with his arms waving, indicating for us to stop. We duly stopped and he ran over to a beautiful shrub with huge red flowers, cut 2 off and presented them to our girls. What a lovely thing to do, I was really touched. We had a slow drive past the ruins as it was far too hot to stop and peruse them and arrived at the car park. The beach was awesome, lovely breeze and very warm sea. There was a red flag up, well a kind of weather faded pinky colour on a stick, poking into the sand. We thought we had better err on the side of caution so we only waded as far as we could stand, although there were many people, even children swimming much further out.
We had lunch at the beach cafe and it was reasonably priced and the snacks were good. On the way back, we continued down the kalamar road and called in to see Mr and Mrs Hobbo at their beautiful villa. It's in a lovely spot, very close to cafe vita and easily walkable to town. Thank you both for your lovely hospitality, it was great to meet you and your family. We had a great chinwag, while sipping wine and efes and before we knew it, it was time to go. Unfortunately, we never got chance to do the flotilla in the pool!!
I had a spot of bother with the washing the other day. Poor GK is now sporting, along with his ray bans, 4 lovely pairs of pukey green Y fronts.  I thought my beach towels were colour fast but this was not to be!!! Ah well, you live and learn.
Yesterday was spent around the pool and we ate out at gourmet again. We were shattered and went straight home. The girls put 'misery' on the DVD and me and OH fell asleep on the couch. This morning, I noticed on Facebook, he had tagged me, with him at club mojito last night  ::) ??? And loads of our friends liked it. Silly sod was dribbling and snoring rather than dancing on tables!! I don't even know where club mojito is! I'm going to have to watch him, he'll be putting he's at the foam party at club chocolate next!!
Well it's our last day today. We are having some friends over for lunch today and meeting up with Bob and Jayne tonight, which will be a lovely end to another fantastic holiday in Kalkan. I hate the last day blues  :'(

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #108 on: August 05, 2012, 08:08:26 AM »
I'll have the blues too as I'll miss your reports which have kept me thoroughly entertained. Try to push any going home thoughts to the back of your head and don't let them get in the way of having a wonderful day :)

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #109 on: August 05, 2012, 12:01:43 PM »
Have a brilliant last day Lizilu, and a great evening with Jayne and Bob.  Sorry I won't be there.

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #110 on: August 05, 2012, 01:10:37 PM »
Enjoy your last day 8), was great to meet up and sorry we didn't get chance for the WH shoot. Mrs hobbo and junior Hobbos safely returned home yesterday to do work, driving test etc. and I'm left with a fridge full of cold beer and a jobs list... Hmmm decisions!    >:D
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #111 on: August 05, 2012, 02:07:16 PM »
Thanks skunk and itstime, I will miss writing the blogs. Have a safe journey here, wish we were staying for another few weeks. Glad your family arrived home safely Hobbo, are youpooing down to parc tonight?  :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2012, 02:09:08 PM »
Excuse me!! Let me rephrase that!! Are you popping down to parc tonight Hobbo??? Bloody predicted text !  ;D

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2012, 02:21:36 PM »
Thanks skunk and itstime, I will miss writing the blogs. Have a safe journey here, wish we were staying for another few weeks. Glad your family arrived home safely Hobbo, are youpooing down to parc tonight?  :)
:o :o :o

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2012, 04:17:40 PM »
Hi itstime, I can't use emoticons any more as B and J have taken the mickey so just to say I agree it was all a bit shocking!  Hobbo, you must be lonely, but are you still meeting us on Tuesday?  Hope so, it would be lovely to meet you. A few Efes might relieve the boredom/loneliness?!! Hope to see you soon then.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #115 on: August 06, 2012, 09:12:19 AM »
Well, yesterday was our last day and I usually hate the last full day, but yesterday was fantastic! We had a BBQ with friends at lunchtime and last night we met up with Bob and Jayne, Rosi B, yelkenite, Hobbo and had a lovely chat with Eniste and  M&M and a wink and a wave to Aklan  :-*
What a lovely bunch of people, we had such good fun.
We were able to recount poor OH's latest scrape ( literally ) as yesterday afternoon was spent with me tweezing 7 splinters out of his shin. I think he must have been numb with Efes as he can't really remember how it happened!
I got squiffy with Jayne last night and I'm just enjoying a chilled glass of wine now as we are waiting for the taxi to take us home to miserable old blighty  :'(
So, back on the wagon for me tomorrow and back to work to save up for our next holiday here. GB and GK are full of praise for Kalkan but as they are both approaching their 80's, feel that the hills are a little too steep and wish they had found Kalkan 20 yrs ago.
OH had to go on to you tube this morning as there was no way on this earth we would have managed to fold Walter up with the instructions provided.  I heard something crack when I tried to fold him but I'm not sure whether it was Walter or OH as his temper was slightly frayed!!
Can I just say a massive thank you to everyone who has ( hopefully ) enjoyed, read and commented on my reports, your feedback has been absolutely fantastic.
We have made lovely new friends this year to add to our lovely old friends here in Kalkan and hope to see you all again in the near future.
Gule Gule from Lizzie, Shaun, ELoise, Lucie, Barbara and Keith  :) x

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2012, 09:21:05 AM »
Have a safe journey home Lizilu and family....I look forward to your next holiday!  :laugh:

Offline alisonh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2012, 11:10:08 AM »
Lizilu - thanks so much for the daily reports of your family holiday to Kalkan, really enjoyed reading them and sharing your experiences.  Sounds like you have all had a fabulous time despite your OH being a bit accident prone!  Hope Walter is ok, sounds like he has been roughly treated this morning - the crack sounds a bit worrying.  Never thought about looking on Youtube, I was in stitches a few weeks ago watching OH trying to fold one - his arms were almost in a knot ;D

Safe journey home, look forward to your reports in the future.  :)

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2012, 11:24:04 AM »
Safe journey home Lizilu, thanks for keeping us entertained with your reports!!

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2012, 01:18:32 PM »
Hi Lizilu, thanks for the reports they were terrific.  Not sure that my reports at the end of the month will be as entertaining, but at least you will be able to live the dream vicariously.

Not sure when you will read this, so either have a safe journey or I hope you had a safe journey.

Jo

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
First time to Kalkan - Family of 3 - recommended restaurants in Kalkan please??

Started by Harrogate_female on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post October 05, 2009, 01:48:16 PM
by howmad
xx
Transfer to Dalaman from Kalkan 24/10/2009 / return Dalaman to Kalkan 9/11

Started by Buster on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post October 02, 2009, 11:23:26 AM
by Buster
xx
New To Kalkan

Started by Ron on Introduce Yourself

8 Replies
Last post June 12, 2011, 09:32:03 AM
by Ron
question
Where are you in Kalkan?

Started by Chucky on General Discussion

70 Replies
Last post August 17, 2008, 12:59:21 PM
by Chucky

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Patara Beach

Views: 3668
By: jen
DSCF0347.JPG