Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: New To Kalkan  (Read 2829 times)

Offline Ron

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
New To Kalkan
« on: May 30, 2011, 09:12:43 AM »
Visiting Kalkan in July for 2 weeks, first timers!
Will have 4 "screenagers" with us, 2 + 2 friends.
Would love some advice on things to do, places to eat etc.

thanks,

Ron

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7852.0

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
Re: New To Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 04:06:19 PM »
Hi there - Kalkan's a great place and you are bound to have a good time.  There are so many restaurants you will be spoilt for choice but if you want good value I can recommend Oz Adana for real Turkish food that the locals eat and any up at the top of the town - also Merkez in the centre is v good value.  For a more luxurious meal you could try Gironda or Moussaka, and I've heard Kosk got better last year.  If you've got girls with you treat them to a pedicure, manicure or Turkish bath (or all three!) - it's much cheaper than in UK and they are very expert.  For a pedicure/manicure I would recommend Wella in the town centre.  If you've got boys they might like a v close shave (if they're old enough) at the same place!!  I like the Patara Prince for a Turkish bath but the Regency is also good.  Better to have it near the beginning of the holiday as it exfoliates and helps with tanning etc.  Excursions: I would recommend a boat trip, possibly with fishing thrown in, which if you book in advance you can have to yourselves or go with others - lunch thrown in and lots of swimming and snorkelling opportunities, Saklikent Gorge is a great day out, you also visit a trout farm/restaurant where you can tickle the trout and they have wonderful shade, the beach clubs are started by a little boat trip at the harbour followed by a day at the (deep) seaside and some have waterslides etc.  A day out diving is excellent - they teach them how to dive and they have a couple of dives.  If they are interested in history Kekova and some of the other Likyan sites are worth seeing, such as Letoon, Xanthia etc.  Also, a Jeep safari is quite exciting!  I would recommend Abi Travel in the centre for excursions.  Linda is English so very easy to discuss options!!   They will probably need something on their feet to go on the beach as it is a bit stony and suddenly shelves quite deeply not far out.  Kaputas or Patara beaches are better - Kaputas is very fine shingle and Patara is sand. Patara also has some ancient sites.  Both can be reached by Dolmus (Turkish minibus), but there aren't really any facilities except a small cafe at Patara.  Just keep an eye out for the current at Patara, it can be quite strong if they're not strong swimmers.  Note, not a screen in sight!!  Hope you have a great time.  :) :) :) :)

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 04:23:34 PM »
Well, that's day 1 taken care of!! ;) :P
I'll get me coat!! ;-).....Bang on!

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 06:14:12 PM »
Welcome to EK Ron - you've made a great choice with Kalkan.  We're visiting with our 2 + 2 this year as well, so if you see four teenage girls and two extremely harassed (and skint) adults that will be us.  :o

Great advice from Skunk.  Teenagers will love the rafting at Saklikent - it's on our to do list again this year.

Have a great holiday.
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 06:51:17 PM »
Have had many holidays in Kalkan with our teenagers and friends and I think you would be hard pushed to find anywhere that suits teenagers and their parents more.......however this year it will be just us.....no teenagers any more, a bit sad to be honest but also looking forward to seeing Kalkan at a different time of year.

Offline helen1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 08:19:28 PM »
We will be visiting again in 6 weeks with our teenagers. as Babs said it is a great place for teenagers and adults who want / need to relax. Our two keep coming with us , haven't managed to shake them off yet........could be because we're still paying!! ;)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 08:47:15 AM »
Kalamar Beach Club is great for teenagers - its definitely got a younger vibe than the others. The free pedalos will keep them amused for hours :)
We will be in Kalkan at the end of July with our three who are a bit older (22, 21 and the youngest turns 18 whilst we're there) but you will find the kids make friends at the beach clubs and pretty much do their own thing. It's quite compact in the village and , IMO, a very safe environment for teenagers to be a little bit more independent.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 11:05:25 AM »
 ??? ???

Offline Ron

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 09:32:03 AM »
Welcome to EK Ron - you've made a great choice with Kalkan.  We're visiting with our 2 + 2 this year as well, so if you see four teenage girls and two extremely harassed (and skint) adults that will be us.  :o

Great advice from Skunk.  Teenagers will love the rafting at Saklikent - it's on our to do list again this year.

Have a great holiday.
We could of course introduce our 2+2 boys to your young ladies, and we could enjoy G&T's, Now there's a plan !!!!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
First time to Kalkan - Family of 3 - recommended restaurants in Kalkan please??

Started by Harrogate_female on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post October 05, 2009, 01:48:16 PM
by howmad
xx
Transfer to Dalaman from Kalkan 24/10/2009 / return Dalaman to Kalkan 9/11

Started by Buster on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post October 02, 2009, 11:23:26 AM
by Buster
recycled
Looking for a loo in Kalkan...

Started by BearsdenTony on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post July 02, 2009, 10:45:30 PM
by misty
xx
Kalkan anywhere else?

Started by shining-one on Other Resorts

4 Replies
Last post October 07, 2010, 11:37:00 PM
by kensarrived

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Beautiful Kisla

Views: 3265
By: zros
EK 70s Night