Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Yesil Dalyan Transfer 15th July 2012 Warning!!  (Read 2561 times)

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Yesil Dalyan Transfer 15th July 2012 Warning!!
« on: July 17, 2012, 10:05:14 AM »
This is a report about my horrendous experience with Yesil Dalyan on the 15th July 2012. I have complained to both Yesil Dalyan and Travel Republic but thought it important to share this experience. If/when I get a reply I will post it here.

On the 15th July I had a transfer booked with Yesil Dalyan I phoned their office on the 14th July to confirm the transfer. I had tried on the 13th July but there was no reply. On the 14th July I was advised that (1) my booking did not exist, (2) they couldn't find it, (3) they would look for it and fax the details through to my hotel, The Samira Hotel, Mentese Mahallesi Kalkan. On my return to the hotel later that day I discovered the fax had not arrived. On the morning of the 15th (departure day) I spent from 9.30 am till 2.30pm telephoning Yesil Dalyan with the help of the reception staff. I was told my booking did not exist, it was for the next day, it was for the next week, it didn't exist at all and they would not provide a transfer! I faxed through my booking confirmation and eventually at 2.30 in the afternoon they agreed they would provide a transfer.

When the driver arrived he told the reception staff that I was to blame for the difficulties. The transport was a 6 seater minibus. The driver then proceeded to pick up 5 people from the Samira Delux and 2 people from a hotel on the Kalamar Road making a total of 8 passengers the driver tried to make a further seat by stuffing 2 cushions between 2 seats. The other passengers were very very angry. When we got to the top of the town the bus stopped and I was told to get out eventually 2 other people were transferred to another car.
I have suggested that they have english speaking staff for english speaking customers! I could not have sorted it out without the help of the receptionist at the hotel, for which I am grateful.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9837.0

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
Re: Yesil Dalyan Transfer 15th July 2012 Warning!!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 03:19:04 PM »
Had the same a couple of weeks ago,transfer from Dalaman no problem,same as you I rang to confirm 24 hrs before,I was told 11:10 ,I said 11:10,they said yes 11:10,I thought it was a little early so asked again,yes 11:10,ok then 11:10 it is,in the morning I took my luggage down to the bar/reception at 09:30 ish,and went for some breakfast,the Yesil Dalyan tranfer turned up at 10:00,had a look,saw I was not there and went,I returned at 10:35 and sat by the pool,11:10 came and went,11:30 came and went,then the bar/reception guy asked what time I was being picked up and by who,it was then I started to panic,the bar man rang them to find out what was going on,they told him they would send a car,10 minutes later they rang again and said there is no car coming,I wasnt ther when they came,so its not their problem,the bar guy was going mad at them,if it wasnt for him I would have missed my flight,he rang enes? tranfers and they arrived in minutes,and got  me to the airport in 1hr and 30 mins,the fastest transfer I had ever been on.... but it did cost me another £60.
I have been in touch with transfers4u,which I used,and told them I want a full refund,and compansation for the money I payed for the private transfer,I await their answer,they are looking in to it .....
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 03:30:50 PM »
Hi fidimax, like you my transfer from the airport was fine so they obviously had my details. Is transfers4U operated by by Thomas Cook? If so could you let me have their address please, thanks Toni
ps apart from the transfer problem and the samira I had the best holiday ever and will do a very positive holiday report :D

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 03:52:22 PM »
Yes Tonik,something to do with TC,and like you had the best time I have ever had in Kalkan,It was great,roll on august 25 .... I will have a look for the address ect and get back to you .

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 03:57:09 PM »
Phone No-0844 875 3455.  email-reservations@hotels4u.com. website-transfers4u.com ... hope this helps x

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 05:22:20 PM »
Sounds like these people are a nightmare, thanks for the warning.  ??? ??? ??? >:( :o :o

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Yesil Dalyan transfer

Started by baclava on Flights and Travel

11 Replies
Last post June 05, 2012, 09:01:03 AM
by baclava
xx
Yesil Dalyan Travel Transfer (Travel Republic transfer)

Started by QueenBee on Flights and Travel

6 Replies
Last post January 31, 2011, 07:26:46 PM
by QueenBee
xx
Shared Transfer 15th June

Started by Buster on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post May 17, 2009, 10:08:49 AM
by Buster
xx
Weather currently-July 2012??

Started by Pattyp on Holiday Reports and Reviews

1 Replies
Last post August 01, 2012, 10:05:13 PM
by Mrs M!

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal