Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Yesil Dalyan Travel Transfer (Travel Republic transfer)  (Read 6845 times)

Offline QueenBee

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
I've booked my transfer from Dalyan to Kalkan with Travel Republic (May 2011).  As I'm travelling solo, can anyone confirm that this company is of a good reputation and I can be assured of a reasonable experience for my airport transfer.
Much appreciated.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7309.0

Offline howmad

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Yesil Dalyan Travel Transfer (Travel Republic transfer)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 03:55:22 PM »
I use travel republic on a regular basis , the last time a week ago. I have only used them for booking hotels and they are great. Yesil Dalyan mini buses and coaches go past my door  a few times a day in summer taking people to Kalamar. The coaches all look in good condition although I have never travelled on one.

Offline QueenBee

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 04:18:26 PM »
Thank you! I'm sure all will be fine.  I just read someone post about being stranded half way on a night transfer, which got me thinking.  Hopefully I won't be alone on the transfer as others travelling with TR will be transferring too. 

Offline Anne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • Towers House Kalkan
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 05:45:55 PM »
I have used Yesil Dalyan quite a few times, sometimes on my own.  Transfers4U use them.  I thought the drivers were always well turned out and the buses clean and did not have any concerns re safety.  However I did have a few bad experiences with delays, including hanging around in the middle of the night in Fethiye while the driver located a key for another vehicle, as they got busier things got worse and eventually I gave up using them.

Offline mel

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 06:15:15 PM »
I have used them several times booked through transfers4u.  I would use them again but have had a few problems with them. One time they were 45mins late picking me up to take me to Dalaman.  Another time there was not a bus at Dalaman for me and I had to wait for about 3 hours at 3am in the morning! Sometimes there is also a wait at their Fethiye office transfering from I vehicle to another.  For a single person travelling on their own though its a lot cheaper than a private transfer.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 07:50:51 PM »
My husband had a problem last year when they failed to tell him (he was the only one going to Kalkan) that he needed to change vehicles in Fethiye and he only realised there was a problem on the way to Olu Deniz. They said it hadn't happened before but then the taxi they arranged to take him to Kalkan picked up a lady who had also had a similar experience. They did sort it out but it made him 90 minutes late and he had to have a bit of a 'strop' to get them to get him to Kalkan. The moral of the story is to ask if you need to change buses before you get on!

Offline QueenBee

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 07:26:46 PM »
Thanks v.much to everyone for replying.  At least now I can be very aware! but it's as I thought, not always straightforward.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Yesil Dalyan transfer

Started by baclava on Flights and Travel

11 Replies
Last post June 05, 2012, 09:01:03 AM
by baclava
xx
Yesil Dalyan Transfer 15th July 2012 Warning!!

Started by tonik1945 on Holiday Reports and Reviews

5 Replies
Last post July 17, 2012, 05:22:20 PM
by Skunk
xx
Abi travel - transfer

Started by Babs on Flights and Travel

4 Replies
Last post May 22, 2012, 10:03:38 PM
by Babs
xx
Travel Republic

Started by kalkan4eva on Flights and Travel

14 Replies
Last post February 21, 2010, 11:18:26 PM
by stevedean

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal