Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: First timers/home last night  (Read 2241 times)

Offline maureenr

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
First timers/home last night
« on: June 29, 2012, 05:11:24 PM »
Hi Everyone,
Kalkan has woven it's magic spell again. Like most people we like to try different places, but....yes you've guessed it, we'll be back! Never usually like to holiday for longer than seven days, but seven days in Kalkan was just not long enough and, next year we're going to do 10/12 days and built up to 14 days for the year after that! We followed mainly the recommendations on the forum regarding restaurants. Our favourite was Baharat, least favourite was Moussaka,
(please excuse spellings). Loved Aubergine and Fez. Had a fantastic day on Yeldiz 3 with Adem and his wife. What amazing value for money! beautifully, freshly cooked food with caring, lovely people. Next year we'll have two day trips on the Yeldiz as loved it so much. Worried needlessly beforehand, having read of the wild dogs, jumping spiders, biting olive flys and water problems. Well yes, the dogs are there, but certainly no more than any other areas. Only saw two who were a bit silly, and that's the two that live around by The Corner Restaurant and like to chase the pick-up trucks ( only the white trucks for some strange reason). Had no problems with the water and no naughty bugs bit ( except the very nice Klakan bug) We're not beach lovers, so didn't visit the beach clubs. Thanks Kalkan lovers for all the fab reports, hints and tips etc we've read on here, which helped us enormously with planning our holiday.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9718.0

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
Re: First timers/home last night
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 05:18:58 PM »
Another one bitten by the bug :D
Glad you had such a great holiday and will be returning. It's a very strange phenomenon but very few people only visit once.

Off to Kalkan on Tuesday and to be honest I've lost count of the number of times I've been. First visited I think 16 years ago and yet still never once felt the need to abandon it for pastures new. It's not perfect but it's certainly the closest place to perfection I've found :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 06:05:10 PM »
Hi maureenr, glad you've had a great holiday. How could you not- you were in Kalkan  :) welcome to the club! It's a good job we all have different food tastes though or we'd end up all in the same restaurants every night. We've never yet tried Aubergine or fez and love mussaka!! We must try to broaden our horizons in July. Quite fancy trying chapter one as we have never been there either. Especially with the discount!  :)

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 06:08:13 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it Maureen. There is something about Kalkan that gets under your skin. Have to agree with it'stime's statement, it's the closest place we've found to perfection. We're off to Calis beach/Fethiye in Sep and i know we'll enjoy it as we always do and have a good holiday but it's not Kalkan!!
Nicky

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 06:49:17 PM »
Glad you had a great time, as everyone says we could have guaranteed it! Lizilu, Aubergine has beautiful food but is quite pricy. Nice for a late evening drink - very comfortable and great for people watching. We must try a few new ones this year too.   :) :) :)

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 07:00:01 PM »
Hi Maureen, glad you had a great holiday! Also, glad you liked Fez.  We've been going since it opened in 2009 and it's one of our favourites but doesn't get mentioned that much on here.

Enjoy planning next year's visit :-)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Home Sweet Home

Started by Joeyloveskalkan on Holiday Reports and Reviews

15 Replies
Last post January 10, 2013, 09:45:23 AM
by Karen01
recycled
1st timers

Started by skauser on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post August 06, 2010, 09:37:58 AM
by skauser
xx
first timers

Started by scooby555 on Introduce Yourself

2 Replies
Last post April 27, 2013, 05:36:33 PM
by scooby555
xx
Two Timers

Started by Sarah S on Holiday Reports and Reviews

15 Replies
Last post October 17, 2018, 07:35:42 PM
by Sarah S

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal