Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Antler's Day Fourteen: Hosing our feet........rain down our necks  (Read 1958 times)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
After the first swim of the day, I wandered down the hill to see Tortoise Lady at Yellow Villa, just wanting to catch her to wish her safe travels later in the day. Also, it would allow me to have another peek at this incredible property. Since the last visit, they had put the new surface on the road adjacent to Yellow Villa, including the dark pink edging tiles, making it look immaculate.
I strolled back up to Kirmizi Lale, enjoyed a water hammock moment and an efes, followed by a Team Meeting to decide who might be eating in or out during our remaining days.
As the decision was lunch out, dinner in, we just needed to decide where. Called Hasan and asked him to take us to Cafe Vita, as this would allow us to walk back into Town. Ten minutes later, it was Efes Time at Vita.
Simple lunch: lamb chops for Mrs A, Calamari & salad for me. A gentleman called John came in, having just had his haircut at Jasmine and came over and introduced himself as he had been reading the blog on EK. He joined us for a chat, sharing experiences of holidays in Kalkan.
In the Supermarket next door, I bought a packet of cigs that I thought Mehmet smoked (Lark Blue), not realising there were 2 lengths. On down the hill to check out the Water Hammock pricing in Can Can Supermarket. The Guys were washing it through with the hose and we begged them to wash our red hot feet with it, which they willingly did. Paradise. We spied the Water Hammocks of the Sun brand, and I think he said they were either TL47.5 or TL49.5, but I cannot remember for sure. Purchased 2 bottles of chilled water and as I gave him the TL1 for both, I thought of Dalaman Airport.
On down to Jasmine to drop the cigs in to Mehmet and of course, jokes about him preferring the shorter ones as these were too long to fit in the pockets of his trendy shorts.
We turned right and then followed the coastline to the end by the Mediterranean complex, admiring the lovely, different properties along the way, with uninterrupted views out to sea. This brought back memories of our holiday at the Mediterranean complex 2 years ago - and how we have moved on since then. Villa's from now on, I'm afraid........
Crossing the car park, we turned right for Yardan and took a bracelet of Mrs A's in for repair. Its a triple gold bangle that has a spring in it that has broken, so would not open and close. Come back Monday and they would see what they can do.
Bex & Tom were at Sakikent today, so I knew they would come back ravenous, so into the greengrocers for some green beans to go with dinner, but it was "Tomorrow!" for the limes.
Across to Slim Butcher Man and introduced him to Mrs A. He shook her hand, beckoned her to sit down and offered us a drink. Apparently, they don't do that in Wetherby.
I wanted at least a kilo of lamb, with a little fat, in one inch cubes and Slim Butcher Man put several shoulders of lamb on the scales, priced it at TL45, then set about preparing it. A one kilo plus joint of beef was put through the mincer, taking the bill up to TL75 and we shook his hand as we left.
Yali next for some wine and beer for tomorrow afternoon's party with Nice Elite Neigbours, as the heavens opened. As we came out, Taxi Man shot off his seat where he was chatting with the others and helped us put the shopping bags in the back, in the pouring rain.
When we sat in the taxi, he started talking to us as I gave him the Villa name. He kept pointing along the Kalamar Road and waving his hand in that direction, then, pointing at the metre. Was it too short a fare, or what, and what was he really saying? Bizarre.
Mate of Taxi Man came across in the rain and said, he is waiting for someone to come out, and is on waiting time, but he's forgotten what they look like, so we will get you another taxi! And a couple of minutes late they transferred the bags as the rain ran down our necks.
It took us around 90 seconds to get in the pool as the rain stopped and the clouds cleared away for the evening. Cool and refreshed, I browned the cubes of lamb and transferred them to the largest, shallow pyrex dish. Cooked off 2 large onions and 6 large carrots thinly sliced, added some cornflour, before adding them to the lamb. Added some thyme, a good slug of Worcester Sauce, a small amount of stock and a few bay leaves. Arranged slices of potato all over the top, brushed with melted butter and put it in the oven for a couple of hours on 160.
Bex & Tom came in starving, exhilarated from the ringo thing down the river, followed by a swim at Patara at 4pm.
I enjoyed a truely peacefull moment, with my Blue, Cranberry and Tonic on the Ottoman Terrace, watching Beautiful People on the yacht in the harbour below.
And as the moon came up, six of us enjoyed James Martin's Lancashire Hotpot and green beans, mopping up the sweet juices with bread as soft as the lamb inside.
Dinner for six, for little over twenty pounds.
Steve

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9670.0
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 07:44:47 AM by antler »

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
Another great post Antler.  Hope the weather picks up for your remaining few days.  Keep up the good work!! SX 8) :)

Offline Ryss

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
Re: Antler's Day Fourteen: Hosing our feet........rain down our necks
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 01:54:39 AM »
and at the risk of being generic once more, wonderful post again! always look forward to your narration of the mundanest (sp?)of things

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
weekend rain

Started by Babs on Weather

10 Replies
Last post July 29, 2009, 10:20:48 PM
by claire
xx
Rain in August ?

Started by onelove on Weather

9 Replies
Last post August 22, 2009, 08:17:49 AM
by RosiB
xx
Damn Rain or MisSilver

Started by Pompeyalbie on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post May 17, 2012, 06:33:15 AM
by DRBD
xx
rain in kalkan today

Started by kalcamp on Weather

6 Replies
Last post August 28, 2008, 06:21:51 PM
by Kalkan regular

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal