Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Antler's last Day.....at Kalamar Beach Club  (Read 4629 times)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Antler's last Day.....at Kalamar Beach Club
« on: June 27, 2012, 08:53:28 PM »
Well, this was a great plan. For the first time in several years we were unable to keep the accommodation on, due to back-to-back bookings.

So, no problem, we would go to a Beach Club for the day. Nice Lady Villa Owner suggested Kalamar Beach Club, endorsed by several others.

So, almost on time at 09.30am on our last day, we bid goodbye to Poppy & Bieber (as in Justin, not pepper!), not giving them a final feed of Chicken  “Goody”, of course, and went down the hill to Café Ev for breakfast.

Oli and Tom had the Full English (probably put the picture on FaceBook by now, as it was a work of art!), the rest of us mostly had omelettes.

I rang Kalamar Beach Club and warned them earlier that we would call again around 10.30am. And so I did. 5 minutes later Yellow Taxi Man arrived.

The arrangements were, TL13.50 each, free taxi there and back from Villa Kirmizi Lale. And that is what happened.

Yellow Taxi Man shot down the hill, each hill getting steeper and steeper, like on a roller coaster, and then we were there and welcomed by the guys at KBC.

Now, I had just assumed, “Beach Club” meant Beach Towels (sorry, too many holidays in Dubai). Not so. White plastic sun beds, cushions, but no towels.

OK, let’s not make a drama out of a crisis. Rang Yusuf. “Mate, we need some towels, can I borrow our Villa ones?”  And of course it was no problem.

By the time Nice Guys at KBC had taken be back up over the hill to fetch the towels and got back, Young Loving Couples were in the water trying to board the trampoline in the bay.

First Efes.

And then we slumbered and watched the show. Bex was going for it. She was determined to get on the trampoline, but despite being pushed and pulled, shoved and yanked it wasn’t happening, each time falling back into the water with her squeals of…delight?

Well, the audience was getting larger and larger and laughing, not at her, but with her, at her determination to get on this monstrous thing.

With some lateral thinking and help from Oli and Tom standing on the bottom step holding it vertical, she climbed up onto the trampoline to a huge round of applause. And as Tom and Oli bounced on the trampoline, so Bex was tossed up and down to more squeals of delight.

Not giving up yet, moments later Bex and Tom came across the bay on the canoe. I say “on” rather than “in” as it was one of those that you straddle rather than sit inside. All was fine until Bex needed to get off and that was just….. capsize!

I’ve not had so much fun led down for a long time and the emotion of it being our last day, brought back memories of 2006 when we had a call from a surgeon in St Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney, at 6am, saying Bex was in intensive care, suffering from DVTs and was about to be given a major shot of a clot-busting drug. Her chance of survival was uncertain. The surgeon suggested we got to Australia ASAP. And so we did, to witness her receive exceptional medical care.

Now, here she was in Kalkan, screaming with squeals of delight, enjoying herself more than ever in the hot Kalkan sunshine, and luke warm waters of Kalamar bay. And I don’t care if it does make me a Big Wuss, but the tears of joy rolled down my cheeks as we witnessed her having so much fun, along with all the other bathers enjoying her determination not to be beaten.

Mrs A and I chose to celebrate that moment, up under the shade, with our final bottle of Lal.

The taxi took us back to Ev at 5pm for the Leaving Party already mentioned before.

A great day at Kalamar Beach Club. Food is fresh and good – Lal was TL35 a bottle, TL7 for a large beer, Soft Drinks TL5, we shared Sweet Chilli Chicken (TL19), plain salad (TL11) and a portion of chips (TL10) and we were well stuffed. And a large bottle of water to take back to our beds, TL4.

Just remember to take your towels.

Steve

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9704.0
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 10:05:13 PM by antler »

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
Re: Antler's last Day.....at Kalamar Beach Club
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 10:13:03 PM »
Hi Steve, I can just imagine that moment about Bex, we have been through a few of those too.  Sounds like you had a good day (apart from the towel moment) and good to hear your view on Kalamar. Prices sound OK too.  An excellent posst and now we are really waiting for the photos!  Take care.  Lovely to hear from you again. SX 8) ;) :)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 10:24:18 PM »
Hi Skunk,

I will make the photos a priority this weekend! looking forward to running through them again, myself.

Soon the daylight will go, here in Norway, so I can get some sleep!

Cheers

Steve

Offline Bexscho

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 11:11:05 PM »
Hi Steve

Can you tell me where cafe ev is? We are coming to kalkan for the third time end of august and would like to give it a try  :D

Thanks

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 04:31:41 AM »
Hi Bexscho,
Cafè Ev is directly opposite the entrance to the Thursday Market. Just come out of The Market, with The Watch Man on your left, cross the road, and tucked away under the trees is Cafe Ev. If you go right inside, there are loads of fans, so you will be kept cool - and well looked after. Above the Cafe are the Sun Elite Apartments which are very nice with a stunning view.

Have a lovely time!
Steve

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 09:04:13 AM »
what an emotional last post, Steve...wow.
So glad you enjoyed KBC - its one for the kids, really. If you come back as a couple, try Palm Beach Club - our favourite and just a water taxi ride away from the harbour. They used to have cushions there...?!! But not towels, obviously, never thought to say :-[
Ah well, back to the fiords for you.. :-*
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 06:17:06 AM »
Hi K4E!
I do apologise, they do have cushions on the sunbeds at KBC, they are whiteish-grey and blend into the colour of the beds. I was so used to the deep blue, canvas type at the Villa, I didn't really notice them - that, and the squealing activity going on around the trampoline!  I have amended my post.
Cheers
Steve

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Kalamar Beach Club

Started by bluefudge11 on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

0 Replies
Last post July 08, 2011, 09:40:04 AM
by bluefudge11
xx
Kalamar Beach Club

Started by magic3 on General Discussion

17 Replies
Last post June 21, 2012, 07:44:03 PM
by Skunk
xx
Kalamar beach club charges

Started by muckyones on General Discussion

10 Replies
Last post August 02, 2012, 06:44:03 PM
by muckyones
xx
Ripped off at Kalamar Beach Club!

Started by heardling on General Discussion

19 Replies
Last post June 23, 2012, 05:58:51 PM
by Begonvil

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Troy

Views: 3599
By: blondie
Patara