Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Antler's Journey Home  (Read 2435 times)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Antler's Journey Home
« on: June 26, 2012, 01:30:26 PM »
We had a great day at Kalamar Beach Club on our last day (more about that later), getting the complimentary taxi at 5pm back to Cafe Ev. There, we were kindly allowed to use their shower, with our cases having been dropped down to Ev earlier in the day by Yusuf.
And then the party began. Sylvia and Bev arrived, up from the Samira Hotel, to say Bye Bye and tell us all about their night away in a tree house at Sakikent - it sounded fantastic and certainly a little bit different than a Travel Lodge!
Then Mr & Mrs Nice Elite Neighbours arrived and the Vodka & Tonic stepped up a pace (not for them, for me!).
Loving Couples had already eaten by then, but Mrs A and I had been too busy chatting. So it was Kofte for her and Grilled Liver for him. Delicious.
Hasan was there all too soon.
With two trays of Ev Borek for the airport, we were in the mini bus and off up the hill, and I looked behind to a team of waving people, on the shady, Cafe Ev terrace.
As if that were not enough, as the mini bus turned left at the petrol station, and pulled away on up the hill, I stupidly glanced over my left shoulder at the setting sun, still casting its shafts of light across the bay. And then it was gone, just like me.
It was a kind of stunned silence for the next hour or more as we drove to the airport, watching the occasional farmer and his wife walking with one of his cows, thetherd  to a rope in the cool of the evening.
Dalaman Airport was surprisingly quiet with short queues. We ate the Ev Borek, had some water and went through Security. While others shopped, I enjoyed a draft Efes from the (lot of) loose change, until Jet2 Leeds Bradford flipped from "Check In" to "Boarding".
I snored and dribbled for most of the flight, dreaming of the patio and That View back at Villa Kirmizi Lale, while the guy wedged in the seat next to me, elbowed me in the ribs every time he turned the page of his book.
The 757/200 smacked the tarmac at Leeds Bradford, one of the Uk's shortest runways, where Nice Uk Taxi Man was waiting. We bid farewell to Loving Couples.
As we arrived home, a text came through: "Thank You all for such an amazing holiday - we had a lovely time! Really glad we tried Kalkan and the company was great. Have a good nights sleep and speak tomorrow. Love Bex & Tom xxx"
I burried my head in the pillow, wishing I had kept my socks on to fight the icy cold sheets.
And here I am again, in the Lounge at Leeds Bradford Airport en route to Head Office in Norway for the next 3 days - just 2 flights away from bed again.
But I do have something to look forward to: 90 minutes of transfer time in Schipol this evening, just long enough to click on "Owners Direct" and search for "Availability 2013..."
Well, it would be rude not to.
Steve

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9693.0

Offline cocobarker

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
What to do now Antlers home.....?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 01:48:12 PM »
Welcome Home... Have enjoyed every line of your posts... We go out to Kalamar for 3 weeks on July 14th...Can't wait... Lots of friends out there too.... Will definitely give Mehmet at Jasmine Coiffure a try , and probably stop for an Efes or 2 on the way back up the hill, then maybe another one at Cafe Vita on the way down the hill... Your recipes given great inspiration too...This years plan will be to build a bigger BBQ... Just over 2 weeks and counting...

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Antler's Journey Home
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 01:51:53 PM »
Brilliant reports Antler - made us smile every day - thank you!  Very impressed with your culinary skills and think you should write a book - have even thought of a title for you -  "Cooking and Quaffing in Kalkan" - think it would be a best seller!

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 05:15:50 PM »
Well done Antler a last great report just when we were wondering what to do next.  Have to get the photos uploaded now.  Enjoy Norway. SX  :) :) :)

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 05:16:51 PM »
Welcome home Antler, we've loved your posts!
Nicky

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 05:57:27 PM »
Glad you all arrived home safe and sound. Thanks again for your fantastic reports.  :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Antler - the journey back through Dalaman and Jet2

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

13 Replies
Last post August 05, 2010, 12:27:15 PM
by Lancs lass
xx
The incredible journey

Started by kalkan4eva on Flights and Travel

1 Replies
Last post January 18, 2010, 06:31:43 PM
by Blue Lizard
xx
Car journey from Scottish Highlands to Kalkan!

Started by suziq on Flights and Travel

8 Replies
Last post March 27, 2011, 07:49:40 PM
by itstime
xx
Home Sweet Home

Started by Joeyloveskalkan on Holiday Reports and Reviews

15 Replies
Last post January 10, 2013, 09:45:23 AM
by Karen01

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal