Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Dont walk ın the road!!!!!!  (Read 1963 times)

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
Dont walk ın the road!!!!!!
« on: May 21, 2012, 11:49:39 AM »
This may seem a very strange topic and if it was a one off I wouldnt bother to mention ıt but it seems to be happening again and again.
People drive very badly down the Kalamar Road.some like complete maniacs using it as a race track and evening after evening there are people walking on the road and not the pavement! By Cancan market and a few other areas there ıs no pavement but its still possible to walk at the side of the road.Last night I saw one very near-miss.Another driver had to take action to avoid a car driving down the middle of the road and there could have been a very nasty accident for the poor people also walking in the road.
So please,please think where you are walking! Some of the pavements are a bıt uneven and narrow but at least they get you off that road.
Drivers also take care.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9485.0

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
Re: Dont walk ın the road!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 01:38:30 PM »
Do they have driving tests in Turkey? Seems like a lot of them just swap their cars and bikes to friends and drive off like maniacs. I know the police are strict on  cars and coaches driving too long but no one seems to take any notice of the dangerous driiving.

I witnessed a nasty acciden a few years ago in Icmeler when a youbng llad was showing off doing wheelies and tossed some poor women in the air, he just drove off but our friend got his number. Never knew the outcome.

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 01:48:43 PM »
I believe they do have driving tests!

Offline Painter Man

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 02:02:54 PM »
It is often necessary to walk in the road as drivers seem to think that the pavement is for parking their cars on.
Yes, there is definitely a driving test in Turkey but there are a lot of accidents for the number of vehicles on the road. The authorities seem to recognize this, so a few years ago a first aid test was introduced as part of the driving test.
Its good to know that if you are involved in an accident the other driver will have some first aid knowledge.

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 06:04:59 PM »
Whilst we were in Fethiye we saw a 'you,ve been framed' moment with a taxi driver and cyclist, we could see what was going to happen before it did, a taxi driver was going one way as to his left a cyclist was whizzing along, couldn't stop in time and literally went right over the taxis bonnet with his bike doing a forward roll, then calmly got back on his bike and cycled off!!!!! ;D
Nicky

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 06:06:12 PM »
Whilst we were in Fethiye we saw a 'you,ve been framed' moment with a taxi driver and cyclist, we could see what was going to happen before it did, a taxi driver was going one way as to his left a cyclist was whizzing along, couldn't stop in time and literally went right over the taxis bonnet with his bike doing a forward roll, then calmly got back on his bike and cycled off!!!!! ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Just dont understand why..............

Started by onelove on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

42 Replies
Last post February 03, 2012, 08:29:45 PM
by LozJay
xx
Dont forget to advertise :)

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post April 06, 2011, 09:51:22 PM
by Wendy
xx
Dont forget to keep you advert updated!

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Accommodation and Hotels

0 Replies
Last post February 26, 2009, 07:40:44 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Nomadic Walk

Started by AgainstGossip on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

1 Replies
Last post March 12, 2017, 02:46:17 PM
by felicity

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Saklikent

Views: 3504
By: jofoss
Guess where?!