Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Good restaurant for lunch in either Patara or Kayakoy?  (Read 1778 times)

Offline Mags

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 63
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Good restaurant for lunch in either Patara or Kayakoy?
« on: May 13, 2012, 04:19:22 PM »
Does anyone know of a good restaurant for lunch in either Patara or Kayakoy? I'm talking quality not quantity for food, a good selection of wines, efficient but non-intrusive service and elegant surroundings. And preferably no pictures of the dishes on the menu! Any recommendations gratefully received.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9444.0

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
Re: Good restaurant for lunch in either Patara or Kayakoy?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 04:42:31 PM »
Tlos in Patara is fabulous. It's unlicensed but you can take your own if you want.
The food is magnificent!

PW
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 05:14:45 PM »
Do you mean kayakoy near fethiye (ghost town)? If so, we have been to a restaurant there called the levissi garden a couple of times, but only for evening meals. It is really very good. All the food is homemade and very delicious. The menus reflect when the greeks and Turks lived together there eg I had kleftiko once. It's not cheap but the prices are on a par with Kalkan prices rather than fethiye  and definitely worth every penny. Even better, it has a fabulous wine cellar and you can have a free wine tasting session before you eat then choose the one you want to accompany your meal. The owner will also give you a guided tour of the restaurant which used to be one of the village houses which has been lovingly restored. At night, the whole village is lit up and looks amazing. I'm just reading birds without wings at present and this is the location for the book. I would definitely recommend a trip to kayakoy if you get chance. If you stay in the fethiye area ( this includes calis )he will collect you and drop you back home.

Offline Pete

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 05:32:31 PM »
The best restaurants in Kayakoy are Jazibe, Levissi or Izeldas at Gunays Garden Villas. They all have web sites.

Offline Mags

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 63
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 04:12:10 PM »
Thanks all. I think our guests are opting for Patara, so we'll point them in the direction of Tlos.

Offline singingjojo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 05:49:24 PM »
We got married in Kayakoy last week! At Gunays Garden! Their Izela resturant is just wonderful: georgus setting and brand new stylishly refurbed restaurant area. The food is delicious and the wine list good (I really liked the Karmen). Staff (owners Rebecca and Tolga, Veli, Connor and Lauren) are just amazing. Kayakoy itself is so beautiful. We are in Kalkan at the moment (on honeymoon) and Hussain the waiter in Kosk is planning to take hus girlfriend to Kayakoy for a romantic trip!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal