Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Supermarkets  (Read 1893 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Supermarkets
« on: April 20, 2012, 08:20:42 AM »
I realise that Migros hasn't opened yet but I wondered how residents and early visitors have found the addition of the new "chain" supermarkets to Kalkan? Has it made the prices more competitive in all the establishments or are they pretty much the same? Do they offer anything new or different? Have any of you changed your shopping routines as a result? Has it impacted on the local stores such as Bulent's butchers or the greengrocer (I assume the one by the "chicken man" is still open as I think the other one near Parc Kalkan has moved and may not be trading at the moment). Just interested to know.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9296.0
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
Re: Supermarkets
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 09:36:09 AM »
We used Bim when we were in Kalkan in March. It's almost next door, so is very convenient.
Very good for basics and we noticed that coffee was cheaper than in other shops.
Bim is a bit like Aldi. It has special offers that quickly sell out.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 10:07:01 AM »
Hi K4E, we used can-can on kalamar rd for our bits and pieces when we were there recently, because it was co convenient, literally 2 mins from the villa and we ate out for our meals apart from breakfast so in our case, it made no difference at all. We chose convenience over price I suppose. In july however, we will be staying right at the top of the hill near the Arcelik shop and we are there for 2 and 1/2 weeks so we will definitely be doing "big shops" and looking for competitive prices as well as convenience. Does anyone know if BIM does deliveries as I think that this will be our nearest supermarket, but still don't fancy lugging heavy bags up the hill!

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 11:24:35 AM »
Had a look around BIM last week. Its got quite a limited range and doesn't really compete with the greengrocers/butchers for fresh food. However, ok for basics and does seem quite a bit cheaper than the other supermarkets.

I didn't ask, but doubt that they deliver as the whole operation is seems cut price, like an Aldi or Lidl (only 1 member of staff on duty when we looked around).

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Supermarkets

Started by hodstar on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

15 Replies
Last post June 18, 2011, 12:36:34 PM
by Bob & Jayne
xx
Supermarkets?

Started by smallwalt on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

4 Replies
Last post July 18, 2015, 06:31:44 PM
by DRBD
xx
supermarkets

Started by dblma on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

8 Replies
Last post March 19, 2009, 09:33:15 AM
by dblma
recycled
Supermarkets near Kalkan

Started by monty on General Discussion

9 Replies
Last post September 02, 2009, 09:50:51 PM
by shining-one

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal