Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Samira Hotel  (Read 3183 times)

Offline nickandjustine

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Samira Hotel
« on: March 09, 2012, 03:52:57 PM »
Has anybody been to the Samira hotel? If so what did you think? Would appreciate feedback  :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9108.0

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
Re: Samira Hotel
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 04:50:10 PM »
I imagine you are talking about the Samira in town (with Bospherous restaurant) as there are 3 Samira hotels in Kalkan. We stayed at this one last August for 2 weeks, location is brilliant only a short walk into town, we stayed in an apartment rather than the hotel as rooms in hotel are quite small but apts are adequate. Very clean nice pool area tho can be a bit cramped when hotel is full. Depends what you want but we felt it was a bit clicky and barstaff try to push drinks etc but overall we had a pleasant stay but we only use the hotel as a base as we are out most of the day and every night, breakfasts were very good tho. We also stayed at Samira Garden hotel last June and are returning there this year, much smaller hotel but spottlessly clean and lovely place to stay. Never tried Samira Deluxe hotel. Hope this helps. Chrissy.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 04:56:13 PM »
If you use the search facility at the top of the page it will bring up lots of posts about the Samira... but as Chrissy says, you need to be aware that there is the Samira Deluxe, the Samira Hotel and Apartments and the Samira Garden Hotel.

Offline nickandjustine

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 04:59:34 PM »
thanks we appreciate the feedback, it's the Samira hotel that we're going to  :)

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 06:05:48 PM »
Have a look on Tripadvisor there are lots of reviews on there for you to look at which are useful too. Hope you enjoy your time there.

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 06:32:15 PM »
Have stayed at Samira deluxe in kiziltas area, we were in the newer blocks and rooms were very nice, hotel also very good, great food, fab staff and fab  size pool

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 11:10:15 PM »
We stayed at the Samira on our first trip to Kalkan in 2007 and loved it.  We were in a self-catering apartment which was lovely and had great sea views from the balcony.  Some of the staff were a bit pushy but we don't spend much time around our hotel anyway, preferring the beach clubs/beaches, so this didn't really bother us.  We had a couple of drinks there last September as our friends were staying there.  The bar and pool areas have been done up since we stayed so look really smart now.   I'm sure you'll have a great time :) 

Offline Sandancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 08:02:41 PM »
We are going to be staying at the Samira Apartments this year. We don't plan on preparing meals but would like to know how they are equipped for just breakfast or a snack. Also, how frequently are they cleaned and have linen changed? Is it the same as the hotel. I am not finding it easy to get any information.  Thanks

Offline helen1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 10:10:31 PM »
Samira appartments are cleaned daily like the hotel rooms, unless you mean the block of four appartments on the road behind the hotel- those are cleaned every other day. We have  stayed in the appartments for the past 5 years and found them to be comfortable. They have everything you need for lunch and breakfast, although my husband did have to cook my morning toast in a frying pan! If you are in the other appartments, they are even better. When are you going?

Offline Sandancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 12:10:13 AM »
Thanks Helen1. They must be good if you have been going back for 5 years. We are going in May and have no idea which apartments we will be in. Thanks for the info.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Is there a difference between the Samira Hotel and Samira Deluxe

Started by lblizard on Accommodation and Hotels

7 Replies
Last post February 13, 2009, 08:40:01 PM
by Chucky
angry
Samira Garden and Samira Hotel

Started by Archie750 on Accommodation and Hotels

8 Replies
Last post October 04, 2008, 10:03:06 PM
by BevJam
xx
Samira Deluxe Apartments vs. Samira Deluxe Apart Hotel

Started by klakanmanno on Accommodation and Hotels

8 Replies
Last post March 01, 2009, 11:18:05 AM
by Kalkan-Mina
xx
Samira Hotel and Apartments

Started by tonik1945 on Accommodation and Hotels

34 Replies
Last post May 02, 2012, 07:21:43 PM
by Charlie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan

Views: 2985
By: Lizilu20
DSCF2101.JPG