Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Customs House - any reviews  (Read 2008 times)

Offline sarahm

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Customs House - any reviews
« on: February 07, 2012, 03:18:54 PM »
Hi There,

I'm new to the forum and relatively new to Kalkan. We had our first holiday there in Sep 2011 and loved it. In fact we loved it so much we get married there this Sept. We are staying at the Meldi for the first 2 weeks with a group of family and friends but then want to spend a honeymoon week by ourselves elsewhere. We have lloked at some gorgeous villas but I would like to be in the old town if possible. I have seen Customs House and absolutely love the location but can't find many reviews. Has anybody stayed here and what did they think??

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9011.0

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
Re: Customs House - any reviews
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 04:57:42 PM »
Hi Sarah - Yes, you are right The Custom House is in a great location if you want to stay in the Old Town.We are lucky enough live in a small part of it,all the time.
There are 2 ground floor smaller apartments at the back,each with an outside terrace.One very large section at the front, facing the sea and 2 more apartments on the road side.One of these is up the stairs,on the first floor and has a large balcony overlooking the sea.The second is larger inside and has a very small terrace outside.Great sea views.
This is one of the oldest Greek buildings in Kalkan and is really cool in summer although I am sure they all have aircon too.Good internet access available.Plenty of restaurants nearby but no noisey late night bars this side of town.
Just 2 minutes to the town beach and harbour.Whilst it is next to Kaptan restaurant we are never disturbed by them.In the summer months the road is closed off to traffic from early evening which is really nice.
There are 2 different owners but all are managed locally by the same person,who speaks very good English and seems very keen to ensure his guests are happy.
Maybe I am biased but I love it!!!

(I dont own any part of it except the bit we live in, so this isnt a sales pitch!!)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 05:02:55 PM by amber »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
New Customs Laws

Started by misty on The Everything Else Area!

4 Replies
Last post August 22, 2009, 05:10:42 PM
by Blue Lizard
xx
Importing household goods from the UK - customs implications

Started by mantha38 on Buying A Property & Real Estate

2 Replies
Last post April 13, 2011, 09:13:08 AM
by mantha38
xx
Our House

Started by Eljhem on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

7 Replies
Last post August 28, 2010, 07:05:04 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
'our house'

Started by wackyjackie on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

2 Replies
Last post October 06, 2010, 02:38:50 PM
by clashgour

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Saklikent.

Views: 2992
By: clara 50
Kalkan Harbour