Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Nervous Novice  (Read 3465 times)

Offline AlbionFan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Nervous Novice
« on: February 06, 2012, 02:50:35 PM »
Hi

Forgive me here.

Wanting to come to Kalkan this summer nd have beeen doing the rounds of villas. have found a really nice one but am not getting a good gut feeling for the chap who is renting it. Sounds awful I know but he as offered it too me at a discount of the weekly rate yet when i see the pics to looks unbeleivebale value.

Am I being too suspicious?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9007.0

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Nervous Novice
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 03:06:41 PM »
I would not worry to much, times are hard, even for villa owners. Not all villas are full all season, some not even half full. If your still concerned either pm the people at ek and they can perhaps have a look for you or just post the villa website, lots of people do this to ask what people think regarding this and that.   Hope this helps.
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 04:59:38 PM »
welcome aboard...as said if you have doubts ask on here ..someone might have stayed or might know something about the place you are looking at or maybe suggest more too look at, if you state your dates,location and needs ( number of bedrooms,villa or apartment,pool etc) price range... don't feel guilty about shopping around for the best you can get for your money. ;)

is it west brom or brighton and hove?....i'm a bluenose...brummie! ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 05:44:12 PM »
welcome aboard...as said if you have doubts ask on here ..someone might have stayed or might know something about the place you are looking at or maybe suggest more too look at, if you state your dates,location and needs ( number of bedrooms,villa or apartment,pool etc) price range... don't feel guilty about shopping around for the best you can get for your money. ;)

Could be Stirling Albion or Albion Rovers ???
Feel free to ask any questions you have :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 06:08:52 PM »
Shame on me for missing our scottish friends.......i will give up tonights after eight mint as punishment :-*

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 06:51:17 PM »
Forgiven only if you express deliver them up to the fog bound North ;)

Offline AlbionFan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 12:49:56 PM »

there is only one 'albion' and it ain't the baggies!

Offline AlbionFan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 12:51:14 PM »
Thanks all. I have gone ahead and booked it.

It is near the Patara 'Resort'.

Can we walk into 'town?

Cheers

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 06:06:37 PM »
Yes you can walk in from Patara Prince if you are fairly mobile but you say "near" - is it before or after in relation to Kalkan centre?
There's a new service road which will hopefully be completed by the start of the season which runs from Kisla, past Patara and through Komurluk into the village and its a nice walk. We are always happy to walk in from Komurluk when we stay there.- but we are strange people who like to walk everywhere ::)
Suggest you try it a couple of times and if its not for you take a taxi. One tip though, pack a little maglite torch in your luggage as they are very useful for the journey home when you may be...erm...a bit unsteady ;)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
slightly nervous and looking for reassurance

Started by litl-devil on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post April 02, 2008, 07:20:23 PM
by felicity

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal