Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: new bars/restaurants since oct 2010  (Read 1764 times)

Offline seasick

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
new bars/restaurants since oct 2010
« on: January 08, 2012, 10:25:03 PM »
off to kalkan on may 2nd for 9 nights

any major changes since oct 2010 in terms of bars etc?
used to drink in evenings along by aubergines in harbour and bar at top with chairs outside with the plasma tv on the tree (yalis i think) is that still there?

any new restuarants we should be trying

liked trio,mousakka,aubergine,rami's etc

cheers

paul

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8916.0

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: new bars/restaurants since oct 2010
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 11:38:42 AM »
Have a look on the KTLN website at all the changes in 2011 - there are quite a few!  Moussaka now have two restaurants, one in the middle of town where the old one was and one on the harbour.  Also there is a long thread on here somewhere about recommended restaurants which might be worth a look. Lots of new places are opening up on Kalamar Road which might be worth a try.  Coast has changed hands (can't remember whether that was last year or the year before) and is now called Kalimaki I think  Haven't tried it yet. Coast is now on the harbour.  Bar wise, Yali has turned into a bit of big screen football pub so we don't go there any more.  There's a bar called Flamingo near where Sunset restaurant used to be (just down the hill a bit from the Moonlight towards the mosque) which does good music and will play you anything you like usually. A very friendly guy runs it but I can't remember his name. The Moonlight and Utopia are still the same old same old - although I gather Utopia's having a makeover.  Again, quite a lot of sport TV there as well.  (You may have guessed by now I am not a great fan).  I have heard very good things about Sandals restaurant at the far end of the harbour near the Pirat hotel on the road towards Kalamar. Haven't tried it yet though. We enjoyed the Korsan Meze last year, and the Korsan Fish Terrace is good if you pick carefully.  Adams up on the Kas road is supposed to be good and I think they'll pick you up, as will some of the restaurants up in the mountains. Salt and Pepper was very popular last year although a bit too pricey for us.  Yakamoz (formerly Jimmy's) is consistently good for food and a good harbourside position.  If you want excellent value for money try the menu at Fener Bar - the pasta veggie dish is very good and you get huge portions! Oz Adana also offers great value but I think they've moved from the top of town near the Kalamar Road to somewhere on the way to the D400.  (might have been an unwise decision??) Well if you're still hungry and thirsty after that lot there's always the Olive Garden, Merkez and Sofra at the top end! Have a great time.  ::) :P :laugh:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
New bars and restaurants.

Started by LancashireLass on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

25 Replies
Last post June 07, 2013, 09:29:16 AM
by michelle from newcastle
xx
Restaurants and bars closed

Started by Tyros on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post June 10, 2010, 08:25:01 AM
by tigertim
xx
map of kalkan with bars/restaurants ???????

Started by annawiththebanner on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post July 03, 2008, 11:05:49 AM
by felicity
xx
Football Free Bars/Restaurants

Started by chillout on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

15 Replies
Last post June 11, 2010, 09:06:12 PM
by annav

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

New Logo

Views: 3888
By: Pete
Adam's after dark