Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Pool or no Pool?  (Read 3894 times)

Offline kalkanbelle

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 31
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Pool or no Pool?
« on: October 22, 2011, 11:37:30 AM »
How important would you say a pool is if you are on holiday and before some of you say it's absolutely necessary I know there are some folk who visit Kalkan who don't feel the need to (or can't) swim.  Would those renters be happy with a hot tub/jacuzzi instead of a pool?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8718.0

Offline anne41

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
  • young at heart
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
Re: Pool or no Pool?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 11:48:16 AM »
Hi Got to have a pool even my friend who we go on holiday with and cant swim loves to sit round pool and sometimes even dangle her feet over the side,
Hot tubs are brill but better in Scotland in the middle of January when the snow is falling !!!!!!!!!!

Anne

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 12:04:34 PM »
A pool is an absolute must have. My friend stayed with me at my villa and  at the age of 60+ had never been in a swimming pool in her life. She took the plunge, literally, and is now having swimming lessons.

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 01:08:25 PM »
I am sure I am in the minority when I say that I'm not at all fussed about a pool. That's because I just love sea swimming & I'd never bother with a pool if I can go in the sea. I probably spend about 3-4 hours a day swimming whilst on hols & even swim from June - September, here in the UK!

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 03:58:11 PM »
Wouldn't consider anywhere without a pool. I also love swimming in the sea but couldn't do without a lazy day at the pool. It's an essential for keeping cool and refreshed on the hottest days. Could imagine nothing worse than a hot tub in Kalkan in July :o

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 05:43:48 PM »
Pool essential (sea can be miles away)...
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 08:12:16 PM »
Got to have a pool, also like the sea but don't want to go there every day if I want to swim, float, sink, bomb etc
 ;)
I'll get me coat!! ;-).....Bang on!

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 08:34:17 PM »

Has to be a private pool...I like my morning cuppa sat on the edge with my legs in the water  ;) ;) ;)

Offline kalkanbelle

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 31
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 08:49:03 PM »
When I said hot tub I should have said 'cold tub' :laugh: obviously no need for a heated tub in Kalkan!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 08:53:24 PM »
i like a pool..i had one booked till the owner pulled the plug on it!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( ...i have to start looking again
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Legionaire

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 08:16:12 AM »
Not bothered about a pool, sea is fine, and I quite like to get out and about.
We quite often go to Patara Prince which has 4 pools and sea platforms, in May we went with family and stayed in a villa with pool.
BORING! Just sat around all day, only went out at night.
I woke up last night to find the ghost of Gloria Gaynor standing at the foot of my bed. At first I was afraid.......then I was petrified

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 02:52:58 PM »
Pool or no pool was a question we had to answer when we bought as the Turkish owner had no pool but if we sacrificed  a few fruit trees and a vegetable patch there was space for one.    We went for the pool.    We personally did not think we would use it but reckoned it would much reduce the number of guests who would rent if there was no pool.   

We definitely took the right decision.   Judging by feedback it has been an essential part of most people's holidays in our villa.    We ourselves didn't use it for several years, just relaxed by it in the shade.    Hitting 40 degrees a year or so back we ventured in and now look forward to a swim.    I don't think many people would prefer a hot tub in Kalkan.    If there isn't much space then I would say a small plunge pool where people could cool down would be preferable.

We have been able to plant some new fruit trees on extra land to make up for those we lost to gain the pool.

If space was really limited and even a plunge pool was out of the question then I would go for some kind of water feature with perhaps a small fountain to produce that cooling feel.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2011, 11:35:55 PM »
I'd rather have a TV than a pool.... ;)
I would book somewhere without a pool later on in the season because we prefer the sea at that time of the year and are more likely to spend our days at the beach/beach clubs.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 08:46:55 AM »
I must be really odd.....I'd book somewhere without a pool or a TV. Never watch TV on holiday, for me one of the joys of being away, and we only ever use a pool for a quick dip once or twice if it is very hot after getting back after the beach or beach clubs.....we would choose the sea (in Kalkan) over a pool any day which is why we always book an apartment, a private villa with a beautiful pool would be wasted on us.....would rather spend the extra cash on good food, wine....oh and handbags! :angel:

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 03:23:21 PM »
....you're a bag convert! My work is done here :angel:

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2011, 05:05:01 PM »
What about a handbag with a portable TV built in????...i feel a Dragons Den moment coming on ^-^

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2011, 06:02:24 PM »
I wouldn't mind a handbag with built in laptop.....oh wait, that's called a computer bag!!
I'm so sorry K4eva......I was already converted....maybe you can convert me to blingy flip flops....I tend to go for the plainer variety....less slippery and less like cheese wire between the poor old toes!  :laugh:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
use of pool

Started by Babs on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post August 17, 2008, 12:08:01 PM
by Babs
xx
Pool Towels

Started by kalkan4eva on General Discussion

26 Replies
Last post February 04, 2009, 09:48:55 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
pool maintenance

Started by chickengeorge on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post May 25, 2015, 06:28:08 PM
by MartynE
xx
Pool Heating

Started by Kalkan regular on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post August 18, 2008, 06:05:25 PM
by Kalkan regular

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal