Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Ideas please  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Ideas please
« on: October 02, 2011, 10:15:30 PM »
My idea of a perfect Kalkan holiday involves a lot of lying on a sunbed with a good book and a cold drink followed by a lovely meal in a roof top restaurant. We fly out a week tomorrow and I've made the mistake of looking at the long term weather forecast and its not pretty! So I need ideas of what to do, where to eat etc if the weather is bad. We've done most of the trips over the years but would still be grateful for suggestions. Also which restaurants have facilities for indoors? Don't like to be pessimistic but I'm being realistic. Actually what I really want someone to say is take no notice of the forecast on KTLN the weather will be perfect!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8638.0

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
Re: Ideas please
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 10:40:50 PM »
We got back on Friday from a 2 week holiday and there was a huge storm in our first week. We were at Sandals when it started raining and were rushed downstairs into the indoor restaurant.  Fez and Baharat also have nice indoor dining areas, as do most places.

The forecast before we went wasn't too promising but apart from the storm, the weather was gorgeous with just a few drops of rain one afternoon.  The long range forecasts aren't that accurate so I'm sure if you check again just before you go it will look very different :)

In the past when we've had the odd rainy day, we've sat in one of the cafes reading, watching the rain and drinking coffee - very cosy! 

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 08:48:38 AM »
Thanks JenJen, one rainy day I could cope with, two at a push, but at the moment rain is forecast for our first 5 days! I'm taking lots if books, but also lots of suncream. Fingers crossed!

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 09:09:23 AM »
A game of scrabble or chess passes the time!! I remember sitting in a restaurant with a violent storm outside playing backgammon indoors.  A strange experience in Kalkan.  I would have thought hotels will have indoor seating and there's nothing like a long lunch, then there's SHOPPING......... Fethiye? 

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 09:10:57 PM »
So what is the shopping like in Fethiye Skunk? Am getting increasingly concerned as each time I look at the forecast it gets worse.....am trying not to look but can't help it!  ??? I f anyone out there has any influence over the weather please arrange for 8 days of good weather for us as all we've had in way of a break this year is a wet week in Devon!  :'(

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 09:55:51 PM »
Fethiye has hundreds of shops, as well as the huge weekly market on Tuesdays.  There is a lot more choice than in Kalkan and prices are a bit cheaper.  You could also try Kas if you wanted a change of scenery as I thought there were more shops in Kas than Kalkan, although far fewer restaurants!  There are several bars and cafes near the harbour with nice indoor seating areas too so you wouldn't be huddled outside under parasols, as is often the case in Kalkan when it rains :)

Offline tillymint143

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 12:02:13 AM »
Babs,  I was wondering the very same thing, what will we do if its raining. looks like we might see you all in the bar!! which bar would you say is the best to head for when its pouring down and are the any roads to avoid because of the torrents of water gushing down them?    :(

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
Ideas please!

Started by smallwalt on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post July 20, 2010, 12:41:31 PM
by Mrs Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Ideas for stag do

Started by daisymai on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

3 Replies
Last post March 11, 2011, 06:43:09 AM
by Mercimek
xx
Trips with elderly mother ideas please

Started by annie the tourist on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

5 Replies
Last post June 13, 2015, 02:36:00 PM
by annie the tourist

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Front pool at Korsan

Views: 4440
By: Chucky
Tlos Amphitheatre.JPG