Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Best apartments?  (Read 5253 times)

Offline 3Stewarts

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Best apartments?
« on: September 27, 2011, 10:51:37 PM »
Hello
We (me, husband, son who'll just have turned 5) are hoping to visit Kalkan for 2 weeks next August and want a 1-bed apartment with good pool(s) including shallow childrens pool. All we seem to be coming up with from hol companies is Samira Deluxe. Can anyone tell me whether this is any good, and/or offer any alternatives? Seems like it might be a bit of a hike out of town? Price isn't the main factor - although the budget isn't limitless, and it looks like it would be quite a bit more expensive to do flights and accommodation separately (as we won't use budget airlines for a 4 hour flight!!!)
Any advice much welcomed please!!
Thank you :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8613.0

Offline The Treets

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
Re: Best apartments?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 07:30:16 AM »
Try the Korsan apartments through Thompson. Very close to town and very well run complex. 1 & 2 bedroom apartments. They are also rented independantly via the Korsan web site.

M

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 08:48:11 AM »
The budget airlines in some cases are better than the charter flights. Jet2 is very good and easyjet has more leg room than most, eg Thomas Cook.
You may be surprised to find you can do an independently booked holiday cheaper than the packages and get better quality accommodation but you would need to add in £120 for your airport transfer.

Offline RosiB

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 08:59:25 AM »
Why not look on Owners Direct? I know the Yelken Apartments has a children's pool next to the big pool.

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 09:06:48 AM »
The Emir Apartments are centrally located, have a couple of pools and great views.
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 10:42:08 AM »
The budget airlines in some cases are better than the charter flights. Jet2 is very good and easyjet has more leg room than most, eg Thomas Cook.

I'd agree there. Easy Jet is nicer than many regular airlines I've used.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 11:04:53 AM »
try.................www.holidaylettings.co.uk

.......................www.ownersdirect.co.uk

you will find all sorts of places at a range of prices..more choice than a travel company,and you can always ask advice on here if you are worried about going your own way......it's easy and when you've done it once many find theres no going back to travel companys ;)

People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline elcee

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • Lee Collins
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 11:39:08 AM »
You have a fantastic choice of apartments if you book your holiday independently, and I agree with many here that Easyjet have always been our first choice of airlines. I feel so much more in control when I book each thing myself, and of course this forum can give you lots of advice if you have any concerns.

Offline tillymint143

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 01:10:13 PM »
another tip... look at Tripadvisor for reviews as well. Before yo book a package look at Travelrepublic. Then check the accomodation out on tripadvisor or ask about it on here.  Travel republic were doing a one bedroomed apartment at the Samira Deluxe for £37 per week per person, for a week in October. Yes, £37/week!! plus flights and transfers of course, but that still works out so much cheaper than booking a package. it really is worth considering going independantly. your transfer is quicker as well. we saved £600 last year against a first choice package holiday by booking flights and accomodation through travel republic.

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 04:27:48 PM »
I would be very wary about any recommendations on trip advisor. They are very often at best inaccurate, sometimes are just people with negative comments and I know in some cases have caused real distress to hotel owners. Your own 'gut' feeling is usually the best bet. Just because of a good recommendation on trip advisor,  this does not mean it is the best place for you. Everyone has different things they want from a holiday, what suits one does not always suit another. I would definitely book independently, once you have done this don't think you will ever go back to a package holiday!

Offline 3Stewarts

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 06:03:58 PM »
Brilliant thanks so much to all of you who've replied with advice and suggestions. Plenty to keep me busy tonight on the laptop!!

I guess the only thing with renting privately is whether there is a pool bar which is so handy for ice creams and snacks if we're just by the pool - which we will be quite a lot with a 5-year-old. Those I've seen so far seem not to have them, but I'm looking into all the options above and still open to any other snippets from anyone else!

Thank you all again  ;D

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 06:17:02 PM »
Hi we stayed at the Samira Hotel and apartments (the one in town) this August they are very reasonable close to town and have a kiddies pool and a little play area for kids, the staff were also brilliant with small children, the apartments are quite big and they do have some 3 bed apts around the back altho they not in the nicest of areas and i dont know how expensive they are. U can book direct with the hotel or also book through alpharooms where we got a very good price, hope this helps.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 06:28:23 PM »
Scoobysnacks and Ice creams would be in your fridge as would your tipples....cheaper anyway from the supermarkets ;) 

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 06:55:22 PM »
Book an apartment yourself........through owners direct. Top quality, in a part of a kalkan to suit you. Proberly owned by someone on here. Find one you like and then post it on here for advice if you want. You wont go wrong. Drinks and nibbles.........ice cold from your own fridge and no need to change as you go from pool to apt/villa etc. Get one right next to your pool. Your efes could get warm in the time you have to get it from a bar ant twice the price. You lucky ducks..............

Offline elcee

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • Lee Collins
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2011, 07:25:47 PM »
The Swan apartments have a small childrens pool and of course there is always the bar on hand. Very central, budget accommodation.

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/turkey/TK1249.htm

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 09:17:25 PM »

As you walk down the road behind the Swan what is the name of the hotel next to it....has a pool in very attractive looking grounds with a massive wooden hammock  ;)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 09:20:25 PM »
We prefer to stay quite central and have stayed at the Korsan Apratments, Truffle Residences and are soon to stay at Mediterranean. We booked the Korsan through Thomson but now always book flights and apartments independently as it is so much cheaper. We use easyjet and think they are fine.....like so many people have said just ask if there is anything you need to know as there is always someone on here who knows the answer!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 09:32:13 PM »
Misty old bean..thats the Asiyan hotel ;)

www.asiyanhotel.com
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 09:36:00 PM by blue lizard »

Offline Reygirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 10:08:51 PM »
Hi 3Stewarts you're inundated with good advice but as a non-swimmer who is always grateful for a shallow end in the pool and note that a pool bar with ice cream would come in handy I'd tend to agree with Babs that the Korsan apartments would most probably meet your needs.  I stayed there having booked independently and rented from Joan on this website but you can get a package deal through Thomson if that's what you'd prefer.  Nice apartments, great location, lovely friendly staff on site.  I've also used owners direct and holiday lettings and have stayed in some lovely apartments but do check out the pool because they are often one depth only.

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 10:11:31 PM »
Misty old bean..thats the Asiyan hotel ;)

www.asiyanhotel.com

Thank you young man..we used to walk past most nights taking the sort cut to the kalamar road and thought how nice the gardens looked

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
ADA Apartments

Started by Peter and Sue on Accommodation and Hotels

3 Replies
Last post March 06, 2013, 04:34:00 PM
by samson
xx
Han Inn Apartments

Started by KalkanKat on Accommodation and Hotels

20 Replies
Last post October 19, 2010, 07:02:34 PM
by PoppyS
xx
Korsan Apartments

Started by Hilary on Accommodation and Hotels

9 Replies
Last post April 28, 2008, 10:47:12 PM
by Hilary
xx
pergola apartments

Started by ladybird on Accommodation and Hotels

1 Replies
Last post April 03, 2010, 09:47:44 AM
by ladybird

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

mr torty

Views: 3570
By: jujus
Tlos