Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Han Inn Apartments  (Read 15527 times)

Offline KalkanKat

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Han Inn Apartments
« on: July 03, 2010, 08:19:59 PM »
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has stayed at these apartments?  From the pictures on the website, it looks like a stunning development and pretty central.  We've been quoted a good price for the last 2 weeks of September this year but just wanted to see if anyone knows anything about them before we confirm.  Can't find any information about them at all!

Cheers,

Glyn

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5815.0

Offline elcee

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
  • Lee Collins
    • Share Post
Re: Han Inn Apartments
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 08:52:04 PM »
We stayin in Haninn No1, the smaller of the apartments few weeks ago. I think 4 are owned by one guy, then 2 larger ones by someone else, and i think another one is separately owned? The complex is lovely, very peaceful and really easy to get down to the old town/harbour etc.  The only downside we found was the apartments are not cleaned, or rubbish bins emptied throughout your stay. This is fine, but we did not even know where the bins were to put rubbish so we just guessed and put them in a small skip outside the apartment. I am talking about the apartments advertised as Haninn, not sure how villa angelic etc maintain theirs, it could be a different service. Let me know if theres anything else I can help with.

Offline KalkanKat

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 09:05:25 PM »
Thanks for that, that's very helpful.  They do look great on the website so I think we'll probably go for it. We originally wanted apartment No.1 or 2 but they are both booked so we've been offered No.3 at a reduced rate.

What are the nearest businesses/landmarks to the complex, just to help us get our bearings a bit?  We've been to Kalkan a couple of times but I can't quite place the apartments in my head from the pictures on the website!

Thanks,

Glyn

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 09:24:13 PM »
hello
we are staying at villa Angelo one of the Angelic Villas at the end of August....the complex is near to Kartin supermarket

Offline KalkanKat

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 09:30:13 PM »
Thanks for that Babs, we know exactly where Kartin is so that helps us a lot.  Just need to get those flights booked now...roll on September  ;D

Offline elcee

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
  • Lee Collins
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 07:51:15 PM »
Glyn,

The owner is a reallynice guy, but he doesnt interfere and just lets you get on with things (he lives at the apartments) and I am sure he would have explained the rubbish thing better if we has asked. I couldnt see the hairdryer in our apartment so sent him an email to ask, and 10 mins later he knocked on our door and gave me a hairdryer and lots of apologies! Also, dont let the cleaning thing put you off, the apartments are lovely anyway and it I was happy to do a little bit of cleaning to help burn off some calories! There was also spare linen in a cupboard so I changed the sheets etc halfway through. Have you see the architects website? http://www.needkalkan.com/default.asp?git=5&urunid=19

Offline chillout

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Re: Haan Inn Apartments
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 06:13:06 PM »
Hi Glyn,

We stayed at the Haan last month in a fabulous apt called 'Visne' - directly underneath the 'Angel' apt.

The complex is a hidden gem - you will know what I mean when you get there. Although Haan is quite central it's so peaceful and quiet. The pool is very large and well maintained, as is the whole complex. Kartin supermarket is literally 30 secs away.
It is the best place we've stayed at in Kalkan so far - and we've been quite a few times over the years.

You will love it!

Chillout

(PS - If you'd like more info/pics, by all means pm me).

Offline KalkanKat

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 07:33:33 PM »
Thank you all for your sound advice. On reflection, although we would love to stay there, we both feel our budget cannot stretch that far due to the flights being pricier for the dates we wanted. An apartment in the Emir at a good rate for this year, first time in private accommodation, which we are both really excited about. Bring on the Efes!

Maybe next year at Han Inn as the place looks great!

Glyn

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 12:04:59 PM »
Glyn, the Emir is a really nice complex and has fab views. It's in a great location, too and you'll really burn off the excess efes calories going backwards and forwards into town each day ;D
Enjoy!
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline KalkanKat

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 07:18:43 PM »
Thanks k4e - I'm sure there will be lots of Efes to burn off  :D

The apartment we've booked has great sea views from the look of it, roll on September!

Offline Will

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 07:44:21 PM »
Thank you chillout for saying such nice things about our apartment (Visne) .  We are really pleased that you had such a good holiday . There are 5 different owners in the Han Inn complex of 7 apartments and we all offer different services and prices.   I think everyone who stays in any of the appartments in the complex is amazed to find such a wonderful, quiet oasis in central Kalkan.

Originally the building was going to be a boutique hotel - which is why the pool is so enormous but half way through construction, the developer decided to turn the complex into apartments instead.

The architecture is quite unique and is based on Moroccan houses with inward facing walled gardens.

Hope you continue to have great holidays in Kalkan

Will

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 09:05:52 PM »
Hi,does anyone have the email address for the han inn apts as the one on their website doesnt seem to work,or if possible the names of the apts that are for rent.

thanks Neil.
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline KalkanKat

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 09:39:20 PM »
fidimax - When we contacted the Han Inn apartments, we did it through the website and it was fine.  I'll PM you the e-mail add we received the replies from as soon as I find it though....

Glyn

Offline PoppyS

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2010, 11:40:51 AM »
Hello,

Lots of good things being said about these apartments and we are thinking of booking for next year.  One thing I notice though from the website is that there don't seem to be any sunbeds round the pool.  Is it the case that each apartment has its own sunbeds on its balcony/terrace and there are no communal ones? Does this work out OK in practise - taking a dip then going back to your own area to dry off?  I'm not saying it will be a problem for us - just curious if anyone found this an issue. 

Maybe they just removed the beds by the pool to make it look tidy for the photos!

Thanks.

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2010, 01:18:28 PM »
Hi Poppy,

We (kalkankat and I) peered into the grounds of the Han Inn when we were in Kalkan last month and there were loungers around the pool then, although not many.  The apartments are in a fab location and the grounds look gorgeous - definitely one of the places we are considering for next year :-)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 09:09:17 PM »
We stayed at Villa Angelo this August, there are plenty of beds around the pool area, I imagine they moved them for a photo.

Offline PoppyS

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 07:29:52 PM »
Thanks all for your responses. 

Like fidimax earlier in the year I am having difficulty using the email address given on the Han Inn website.  However, you also seem to be able to book the apartments via Owners Direct and as a result of an enquiry I made that way I've had a response from someone called Eyup Uluc - does anyone know if this is the person who owns / looks after the apartments?  I'm sure it will be but thought I'd best check it out before I part with any funds for the deposit.  I was caught out earlier in year when I bought concert tickets via a dodgy website so I'm a tad wary about these things now - better safe than sorry.

Thanks.

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 07:43:21 PM »
If memory is correct,I think Eyup owns 4 or 5 apts at the han inn.
I wonder if Eyup is from Yorkshire ?  ;D
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 07:49:30 PM by fidimax »

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 07:47:20 PM »
Also Will who is a EK member has a apt at Han Inn,If you yook him up I am sure he will give you details.

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 08:55:01 PM »
Yeah, Eyup owns at least 4 apartments at the Han Inn - that's who we were in touch with when we were thinking of booking earlier this year.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Best apartments?

Started by 3Stewarts on Accommodation and Hotels

19 Replies
Last post September 28, 2011, 10:11:31 PM
by misty
xx
ADA Apartments

Started by Peter and Sue on Accommodation and Hotels

3 Replies
Last post March 06, 2013, 04:34:00 PM
by samson
xx
Hann Inn Apartments

Started by kalkan4eva on Accommodation and Hotels

12 Replies
Last post August 25, 2011, 10:20:44 PM
by elcee
question
New Elvina Apartments

Started by foodie on Accommodation and Hotels

1 Replies
Last post April 14, 2009, 04:01:59 PM
by Kalkan regular

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal