Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: rip off Kalkan  (Read 11324 times)

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: rip off Kalkan
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2011, 02:01:08 PM »
Sorry, but there are a lot nicer places than Koh Samui in Thailand and it was dearer than Kalkan. Very tacky main sreet but the hotels and beaches wre nice!
Again Kalkan for us!
Rx

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 02:38:47 PM »
Oh,
I forgot, the food wasn't that nice and the wine was awful and £25 a bottle.
Rx

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2011, 02:44:33 PM »

Lady boys were interesting though  ;) ;) ;)

Offline Legionaire

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2011, 03:00:53 PM »
Boats delivering girls?
25 years of going to Turkey and this is the first price hike you have noticed?
And who bought your t shirt, I want proof that your not going back....................... >:D
I woke up last night to find the ghost of Gloria Gaynor standing at the foot of my bed. At first I was afraid.......then I was petrified

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2011, 06:33:10 PM »
Misty, at the risk of being banned from more comments on this thread, here goes!   I was "lucky" enough to sit in on a makeup session prior to the lady boys going out to "interview" the punters.  Strewth, pretty stunning!!!!!!
One cannot compare Kalkan to Thailand, unless we are all going to have a fancy dress party.  Hey, that might be a good idea, which venue? >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 06:50:29 PM »
Depending on what floats certain people's boats, 'Alternatif' might be an option!  In my view, after lots of visits there, having lived in Malaysia and Vietnam for several years, the Thais are the most mercenary bunch I have ever met.  There is absolutely no comparison with Kalkan, although the ladyboy bit may have confused them, with plenty of women in Kalkan now that look like men.  Sizeist/elitist?  Me?

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 07:21:10 PM »
Misty, at the risk of being banned from more comments on this thread, here goes!   I was "lucky" enough to sit in on a makeup session prior to the lady boys going out to "interview" the punters.  Strewth, pretty stunning!!!!!!
One cannot compare Kalkan to Thailand, unless we are all going to have a fancy dress party.  Hey, that might be a good idea, which venue? >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Very good idea...when I was a wee lad we lived out in the Far East and for a short time until our house was ready lived above what turned out to be a brothel...took my mother a while to work this out  :D :D.....but I still have photos of the ladies and ladyboys making a fuss of me and my brother in the garden....they were glad to see us go as my father was the officer in command so the squaddies didnt like to bump into him or my mother on the stairs.....and went else where for their entertainment... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline hodstar

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2011, 09:40:08 PM »
I'm in the moonlight bar  at the minute on the vodka and red bulls. No complaints about prices. Such a great place.

Offline Firecat

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2011, 10:21:06 PM »
What a peculiar first time post  ??? Why bother to sound off about a place you have no intention of revisiting? But as the OP referred to it as 'Kaklan' in their main message maybe they were referring to a little known Thai enclave where the prices are enough to make your eyeballs sizzle in your head  ;D

I didn't make it to Kalkan (or even Kaklan) this year but in Dalyan the prices were no better or worse than I had expected and overall the value was fine. Yes the exchange rate has helped this and I did get the feeling that baseline TL prices had gone up to narrow the exchange rate gap but certainly in the shops - and on excursions - everything remained negotiable. I will continue to wear my t-shirt with pride  :angel:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 10:23:45 PM by Firecat »
Cat on a hot tin roof

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2011, 08:54:38 AM »
Strange, we found it cheaper in Kalkan this year in August, than we did in july/august 09. Maybe it was the good exchange rate.

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2011, 02:14:22 PM »
We've just come back,  for the second time this year and didn't see any real difference from other years of course the exchange rate was pretty good.The food is much bettter quality than many places in the UK everything so fresh so therefore good value. We eat in various restaurants some cheaper than others of course. Had a fantastic time meeting up with old friends Turkish and Brits, missing it already and hope to return for our eigth visit next year, love the place!

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2011, 07:24:04 PM »
As I said in a previous post, Kalkan is not a rip off but how many posts refer to the 'exchange rate' FGS!! Are we all stupid?
 ;)
I'll get me coat!! ;-).....Bang on!

Offline b deren

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2011, 11:39:27 AM »
Why are you also  pompous .We are all allowed the 'golden rule'

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2011, 12:33:35 PM »
WUM????? >:D >:D >:D

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2011, 02:55:00 PM »
B Deren - what a strange person! Not english obviously, maybe comes from Koh Samui! Says about price increases over 6 years then states they've been to Turkey for 25 years. Not interested in our comments but comes back to read them. And what's the golden rule?

Offline mully57

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2011, 06:17:18 PM »
I love Kalkan and have been many times but if its not rip off Kalkan can anyone explain why a large efes is 6 lira in Kalkan and 3 lira in Fetiye .

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2011, 06:50:04 PM »
I'm in Dalaman at the moment and the two restaurants I've been to so far have been 6tl for Efes. And this is not a tourist area.

Offline b deren

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2011, 07:26:53 PM »
Hi Mully 57

My point exactly we have been going to Turkey for 25 years. We spent our honeymoon there and try to have our wedding anniversary there each year.
 Now a large Efes in Fetiye is 3 lira and in Kalkan 6 lira That is why I say rip off Kalkan.

I am British by birth. Although why that has to be a question I do not know. Do you ?

Why do I keep coming back to the forum?
 For people like you. Why the differeniation ( big word I know) why does Kalkan rip us off?
I am sure somebody will correct my spelling. That is not the issue. When will people wake up and say No Thank You.  Or do they except high prices and stay in villas and have BBQs Please I have nothing  aginst BBQ's I would like the restaurants to be busier with good food at good prices.

Thank you

Offline b deren

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2011, 07:35:19 PM »
Chicken George I feel sorry for you

Offline davenottm

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2011, 08:49:21 PM »
I love Kalkan and have been many times but if its not rip off Kalkan can anyone explain why a large efes is 6 lira in Kalkan and 3 lira in Fetiye .

If you were paying TL6 for an Efes you were drinking in the wrong places! We ate out every night for a fortnight and didn't pay TL6 once. We thought the prices in Kalkan (August) were very, very reasonable and did not feel ripped off anywhere.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
First time to Kalkan - Family of 3 - recommended restaurants in Kalkan please??

Started by Harrogate_female on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post October 05, 2009, 01:48:16 PM
by howmad
xx
Transfer to Dalaman from Kalkan 24/10/2009 / return Dalaman to Kalkan 9/11

Started by Buster on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post October 02, 2009, 11:23:26 AM
by Buster
xx
Kalkan Here I come

Started by El Tel on Introduce Yourself

2 Replies
Last post August 11, 2009, 02:01:48 PM
by clara48
xx
Kalkan anywhere else?

Started by shining-one on Other Resorts

4 Replies
Last post October 07, 2010, 11:37:00 PM
by kensarrived

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal