Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Victor Meldrew Thread  (Read 20453 times)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
Re: The Victor Meldrew Thread
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2008, 11:14:06 AM »
The weather  >:( >:( >:( absolutely chucking it down here yesterday and today. Had to put the heating on it''s so cold. For goodness sake it''s mid July. Got back from Kalkan on Thursday and not been able to show off my tan as it''s hard to see it through layers of sweaters and jackets  :(

Offline bluefudge11

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2008, 11:53:59 AM »
and why oh why  do old people go shopping on Saturdays - They have all week to use there free bus pass but instead are determined to block the aisles in Tescos at the busiest time!  ??? ???

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2008, 01:10:03 PM »
Chewing Gum per se Jon. I hate the stuff!
Oh and people eating "smelly" food on the train, burgers and the like and then leaving all their rubbish behind when they get off.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2008, 03:04:18 PM »
People who put their feet on the seats, loud music "leaking" from earphones, people who shout conversations on their mobile, people chewing gum oblivious to the fact it makes them looks like cows chewing cud and those that blow bubbles with it and then loudly pop it, and anyone who thinks it is acceptable to eff and jeff in normal conversation!!!!!

And being timed out when posting a comment!!!!!
Joan in Vera mode!!!

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2008, 04:35:44 PM »
Traffic calming. Here in Dorset we have a lot of hatched lines, strange roundabout markings and etc. It really gets to me that councillors seem to approve anything that slows traffic down but, never consider the road rage and damage to cars they may be causing by approving these stupid systems. They also don''t seem to consider the time lost because they make cars go slower or the damage to the environment because cars are not as fuel efficient at very low speeds. Add to that the confusion caused to tourists by some of the road markings and the accidents that happen as a result.
 I suspect that our councils want to slow everything down to the pace of the bathchairs for which we are renowned down here.
Grrr, that really winds me up.
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2008, 06:39:04 PM »
oohhhhhh just everything. In such a grumpy mood just now  >:(
feel better now that I got that off my chest :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2008, 12:46:15 PM »
I hate travelling on the tube...full stop. I don''t go to London often, but when I do, how I hate the London Underground. People are downright rude - pushing and shoving and getting right in your face. It''s a hideous mode of transport, but I accept if you want to get across the city quickly it''s the only way to go. My London friends always laugh at me on the tube "spot the Northerner" they call it...as I''m the only person saying "sorry...excuse me....thankyou...would you like my seat?" :o :o

The London Underground pales into insignificance when it comes to "queue jumpers"..they are a menace to society and a reason to bring the stocks back. What makes a person believe that the queue that everyone is waiting patiently in is not for them?? Be that in a shop, or on the road?
I''m also not too fond of people who go in the 10 items or less aisle in the supermarket with clearly more than 10 items. The tills should be calibrated to cut off after 10 items >:( Also hate it when people buy coffee to go (cheaper) in Starbucks then take up a seat with their carry-out cup and muffin in a paper bag.....what part of "to go" did they not understand????? The other big bugbear is people who treat the newsagents like a library and stand and read all the newspapers and magazines without buying them...what if we all did that???

It''s Monday and I''m ranting because it''s Monday!!
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline kalkan wife

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2008, 07:30:04 PM »
The last posting has prompted my pet hate here in Turkey, they have no concept of queueing particularly in the post office or bank. I and my OH were sitting haveing what should have been a private talk with a senior member of bank staff at their ''cubicle'' when at least 5 people insisted on asking questions and trying to get something done and then sitting on my shoulder waiting to jump in the seat.

SO ANNOYING!

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2008, 07:42:41 PM »
My pet hate?

Supermarkets on a Friday evening.

That is all.

>:(

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2008, 08:35:53 PM »
Women drivers checking out the sales whilst driving along.....oblivious to the mayhem they are causing LOL

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2008, 09:55:19 AM »
kalkan wife
You must have been in Deniz Bank.
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline Mrs B

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2008, 11:22:54 AM »
Ah no, Misty....i''''m always well aware of the mayhem i am causing around me, whatever i''''m doing!   ;D

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2008, 11:24:19 AM »
Ha ha your one of the few that does.......

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2009, 03:08:47 PM »
..well I've just had a Victor Meldrew moment, so I thought I'd revive this thread and share... ::) ok, I want to get it off my chest.

Think I've just met the rudest shop assistant, EVER! Despite the huge queues because it's lunchtime, only one till open and six assistants stacking shelves and generally avoiding having to serve customers (God forbid). Eventually the only girl serving rings the bell for assistance....erm don't all rush at once. This one dawdles up and spends a good few minutes tidying round the till area before she opens. She just looks up, doesn't shout "next please" and waits. She treats each customer with disdain. No "please", "thank you", "that'll be £8.50". She just holds her hand out for the money and dispenses change. One guy asks "how much is that?" and she moved the screen on her till to show him. Perhaps, I'm being unkind, perhaps she has a speech impediment...but then I hear her ask her colleague what time break she's on and I know that's not the case.
My turn and joy...she serves me. I try to engage her in conversation..
"Are you having a bad day?" to which she replies "It would be a whole lot better if I didn't have to be here"  :o :o
Really? Does Mr WH Smith know that's how you feel because I'm sure there's a load of unemployed shopworkers who might like your job is what I should have said..instead, due to shock, I think all I could manage was "oh"

God help her when it's Christmas week :o :o

Rant over, chest clear.
Next?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 03:12:10 PM by kalkan4eva »

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2009, 05:33:13 PM »
Bah! Bah!Bah! Humbug!!! Bloody christmas already!! and more shops want to charge me for a bag!! if you want to charge me for a bag.....don't put the name of your shop all over it!! iv'e just sent money in the shop ,now i'm expected to pay for advertising  the place!! grrr...grrr Bah! >:(
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Kefgirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2009, 06:45:01 PM »
Six or more options when you ring any company  >:(
I'm expecting one of the options soon to say "If you wish to be plunged into a silent, telephonic abyss, press 6 now"
As I speak, I'm on "hold" with Vodafone, listening to lamentable electronic music, while they sort out a cock-up on my account. I don't beleeeeeeeve it!    ::)
Shine on, you crazy diamond.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2009, 07:21:41 PM »
And another thing!!! Posties going on strike!!  they want a squillion pounds a week for putting things through a hole in your door!! i used to be a postie year ago and it's not hard to get all the letters for house number two and shove them through number four!!   Grrr Grrr Grrr ;D

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2009, 07:37:45 PM »
There was a postman on the radio today bitterly complaining that the management want him to work a full 8 hour day...heaven forbid even though he is paid for 8 hours he works between 5-6 hours then goes home.....I say let the Post Office go to the wall there are plenty of companies offering a better service already.

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2009, 01:13:33 PM »
My pet hates, all the ones mentioned on this thread, but top ones have to be people driving up your back side even when in a traffic jam, people smoking with kids in the car & the windows shut & the one that really annoys me, the school run traffic what should be a 10 minute drive to work takes me half an hour!!

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2009, 01:27:34 PM »
People who dont leave a message on my answering machine,then when you do 1471 and ring them back you are given another number to ring to stop them ringing you again !!!!!!!  >:(
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
AtlasJet Thread

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post January 11, 2008, 02:28:47 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
smiley
The 4 word thread..........

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on The Everything Else Area!

89 Replies
Last post September 10, 2008, 01:41:47 PM
by Vieux con
xx
RIP Sid Waddell thread..

Started by pw on The Everything Else Area!

0 Replies
Last post August 12, 2012, 01:38:11 PM
by pw
exclamation
Thread: Trying to contact Christine

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post March 31, 2008, 07:31:07 AM
by Christine Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Omars 20/9/07

Views: 4839
By: Wendy
Kalkan