Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Everything Else & Classifieds => The Everything Else Area! => Topic started by: Chucky on November 02, 2007, 08:21:52 PM

Title: The Victor Meldrew Thread
Post by: Chucky on November 02, 2007, 08:21:52 PM
Well, the night''s are drawing in, and for most of us, it''s a long miserable drag until we can enjoy Kalkan. We have already had grumbles and moans about foul language, today''s youth, Halloween and Bonfire Night. Lets really get into the swing of it and have a thread dedicated to having a really good winge and "get off your chest" sessions. No holds barred, but mind your language, nothing personal or offensive. Has someone cut you up on the road home tonight? Has your partner forgotten to put the new toilet roll in the dispenser, have you read another article that has really got up your nose? Well, here''s your chance to air your grievances, pet hates and niggles. Who is going to go first? 
Title: Re: The Victor Meldrew Thread
Post by: jinfizzz on November 02, 2007, 10:39:38 PM
Hahaha Joan, this is hilarious.  I even accused my OH of being Victor Meldrew this morning when he was giving me a lift to the station.  He was moaning about the banal radio.  Nothing popular suited him, it was all absolute tosh.  He even suggested that everyone felt the same way and that everyone was deserting morning radio channels.  LOLOLOL.
Post by: Chucky on November 02, 2007, 10:47:01 PM
I have no sympathy what so ever for Doug. This is the same Doug who is flying to Kalkan on Monday? The same Doug who is abandoning you on Bonfire Night, to spend long boozy evenings in Daphne''s and the Atlantis? And he has the nerve to complain about the music on radio stations he will not be listening to? I don''t believe it!!
Post by: doug46b on November 02, 2007, 11:04:10 PM
I don''t belieeeeeeve it   ??? ???
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on November 03, 2007, 12:23:02 AM
Mrs EK is always calling me a "grumpit"  :)
Post by: Blue Lizard on November 03, 2007, 07:40:06 AM
i bought a packet of nuts..written on the packet was the informative line "this packet may contain traces of nuts" i was delighted....after all they were nuts!!  whats all that about? ::)
Post by: Honey on November 03, 2007, 12:45:07 PM
Mmmm my kind of thread.I hate it when you are trying to shop & you have the hardest trolley to push cos the brakes seem to be on the wheels,(is that why you usually see men pushing them?)then you have the most slowest people in front of you who insist on blocking the middle of the aisle so no one gets past, then they start talking as if they have all the time in the world no matter who''s behind them.I''m only 5 foot & hate it when you cant reach the top shelf & have to ask the nearest tall man to get things for you..Men who watch their wives do all the packing of the shopping & they just stand there in a day dream as if theyv''e forgotten what they are doing there...My blood pressure  & temper goes through the  roof. >:(lol. People who talk into their mobile''s so all & sundry can hear everything.Grrr.3 men in our house who dont know how to change the toilet roll holder.Kids who dont know how to switch lights off after them.Switched 8 off one morning after them.Will be back later with some more.
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on November 03, 2007, 01:19:30 PM
Suprised no-one has mentioned the "toilet seat" yet!
Post by: DRBD on November 03, 2007, 03:47:24 PM
Oh ........ I was just coming to that one !!!!! :D
Post by: Cruisecontroller on November 03, 2007, 04:24:02 PM
Well folks, you can thank me for giving Joan the inspiration to start this thread off(see Halloween !!).  I took it in the spirit it was intended, non-malicious. 

Honey, we were in Asda at the checkout this morning and the person checking out was a male, he just stood there as the poor lady on the till put his stuff through and put it into carrier bags for him, is this the height of laziness or was it the fact that he was incapable of the task !!  As for toilet seats, you can all be rest assured I have been trained in this task !! 

As a Lorry driver I am highly critical of others on the road and I do see it all.  Don''t get me wrong, I am no angel but in the main I am courteous, particularly when people are trying to get out of junctions or turn across traffic, unfortunately not many car drivers return the favour.   We are regarded as 2nd rate citizens and people do the craziest things just to get past us.  When you prang your car you can guarantee that it will be a lorry driver who will stop to see if you are okay/help out, your average car driver will just slow down and rubber neck at your misfortune thus having the knock on effect of causing an unnecessary traffic jam.  The other thing which people don''t realise is that without us, the country would grind to a halt, look about your personage as you sit at your computer, at some point a lorry had a hand in delivering what you''ve got.           

"Victor" has had another rant !!!!
Post by: Blue Lizard on November 03, 2007, 05:04:01 PM
Victor........what about those people who when you hold open a door for them just waltz past without even a thank-you... boy does that get my goat!! i usually say loudly "thank-you"which usually in return recieves a blank look...oh dear !!i''m starting to sound like a moany old lizard when in truth i''m quite chilled :angel:
Post by: Mrs B on November 03, 2007, 05:44:29 PM
Oh Blue Lizard...thats one of my pet hates too!
And i too say ''''thank you'''' out loudly as im stood there holding the door like a lemon!!

Honey, i''m opposite to you as im the one usually asked to get things from the top shelf as im over 6ft...get to meet and chat to lots of nice smaller people though, especially ickle older ladies who want their eccles cakes from the top shelf!
Then they tell me how wonderful i am and how they wish they were as tall as me etc etc...!
Unfortunately no smaller people offer to get things off a low shelf for me so me and Mr B, who is taller than me, end up nearly on our knees in the aisle so we dont stretch our backs out.

What bugs me??
1) People beeping their horns for no reason, continuously and annoyingly!
2) People bumping into me as if im not there cos they cant make eye contact, then they accuse me of being a bully!
3) People swearing at their kids and encouraging their kids to swear.
4) Canvessers phoning me/coming to my door to tell me about a product/scheme etc, and when i tell them im not interested they say "well if you dont want to save money...?" in a patronising voice, and look at me as if im stupid.
5) The above people not having any literature you can peruse at leisure, but expecting you to give your bank details on the dooestep and to a complete stranger!! (its ok, you can cancel within two weeks!!!)

Right i''m off out for a meal now, im sure i''ll think of some more over the weekend!!

P.s...i''m a nice person with a happy life, so dont get too upset for me having so many gripes in one go!!!!! ;D
Post by: lilly on November 03, 2007, 06:50:14 PM
Mrs B, my husband also hates phone canvessers. When I hear him answer the phone and say loudly "Did I ask you to phone me?, please don''t phone me again!" I Know that OH has his Victor hat on again.
Post by: Blue Lizard on November 03, 2007, 07:00:24 PM
have you tried when they phone and ask for somebody saying "hang on i''ll just go and get him/her" then putting the reciever down at the side of your phone and carrying on as normal..it keeps them hanging around, runs up there phone bill and irritates the hell out of them!! >:D >:D
Post by: Chucky on November 03, 2007, 07:03:34 PM
Automated telephone lines, with multiple options, irritating music and after navigating that, you end up speaking to someone who obviously has a script and cannot answer anything that is not on it and to top it all can''t understand english or has an accent so thick, you cannot understand them!!!! Grrrrrh
Post by: Del on November 04, 2007, 09:44:31 AM
We received a call the other day selling new kitchens, I started [politely] to tell them I wasn''t interested & they put the phone down on me!!!   
Post by: Lorretta on November 04, 2007, 10:37:13 AM
Re the unwanted phone calls. If you subscribe to TPS (telephone protection service) it all but eliminates these calls as the company phoning you can be fined up to £40k. It''s a free service to subscribe to. The only thing it doesn''t do is eliminate those random silent calls which usually originate from abroad.
Post by: Cruisecontroller on November 04, 2007, 12:57:54 PM
The door opening thing does get to you when the other person doesn''t bother to acknowledge your kindness.  As for phone canvassers you can tell them that the property you live in is rented OR say to them you will listen to what they have to say but warn them before they start that you are sitting there naked, apparently it does have the desired effect as they make excuses to hang up quick !!  On the swearing subject, it annoys me when males do it front of females for no justifiable reason, to me it just shows ignorance.
Post by: Honey on November 04, 2007, 01:53:30 PM
Oh Blue Lizard...thats one of my pet hates too!
And i too say ''''''''thank you'''''''' out loudly as im stood there holding the door like a lemon!!

Honey, i''''m opposite to you as im the one usually asked to get things from the top shelf as im over 6ft...get to meet and chat to lots of nice smaller people though, especially ickle older ladies who want their eccles cakes from the top shelf!
Then they tell me how wonderful i am and how they wish they were as tall as me etc etc...!
Unfortunately no smaller people offer to get things off a low shelf for me so me and Mr B, who is taller than me, end up nearly on our knees in the aisle so we dont stretch our backs out.

What bugs me??
1) People beeping their horns for no reason, continuously and annoyingly!
2) People bumping into me as if im not there cos they cant make eye contact, then they accuse me of being a bully!
3) People swearing at their kids and encouraging their kids to swear.
4) Canvessers phoning me/coming to my door to tell me about a product/scheme etc, and when i tell them im not interested they say "well if you dont want to save money...?" in a patronising voice, and look at me as if im stupid.
5) The above people not having any literature you can peruse at leisure, but expecting you to give your bank details on the dooestep and to a complete stranger!! (its ok, you can cancel within two weeks!!!)

Right i''''m off out for a meal now, im sure i''''ll think of some more over the weekend!!

P.s...i''''m a nice person with a happy life, so dont get too upset for me having so many gripes in one go!!!!! ;D

Hey Mrs B,perhaps we should go shopping together,get it done in no time then,what a pair we would look.He He ;D
Post by: Mrs B on November 06, 2007, 10:52:31 AM
Honey...sounds like a plan to me!
Quite a few of my mates are 5.5ft and shorter, but cos we''ve known each other for a while we forget about the height difference.
Although, shopping in the petite section with small friends can raise the interest of the shop assistant - "are you aware this is the petite section madam?" - then my tiniest mate appears from behind the clothes rail!!

Mr B is a man of few words and only says something when its important enough to be said so, if he answers the phone or door to cold callers he just puts the phone down or shuts the door without saying a word!  >:D
Post by: Honey on November 13, 2007, 03:06:11 PM
Is it just me but i hate those hand held gismo''s couriers now use for you to sign. >:(They look like  ''Etch a Sketch'' screens & my signature turns out resembling a 5 year olds  ;D.lol
Post by: Mrs B on November 16, 2007, 09:57:16 PM
Banks that try to sell you something when you phone up to enquire about your account or just do some telephone banking.
"Can i interest you in protecting your payments/fraud protection etc"
If i want it, i''ll come to you for it!!
I dont need asking EVERY time i phone up.
And then..."Can i ask you WHY you dont want it?"
Oh, just BECAUSE!!  >:D

Lol...you''d never believe its friday night, i''ve had two large spiced rum and cokes and i''m well chilled out!!  O0
Imagine what im like when im wound up!!!  ;)
Post by: Honey on November 16, 2007, 10:17:23 PM
Husbands who switch the lights off before you even leave the room.Oops i''m on the wine again ;D
Post by: Blue Lizard on November 17, 2007, 07:29:36 AM
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....white van man,if you have a white van you can stop anywhere as long your hazard lights are flashing ::),grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....post offices!!! i used to be able to go to the top of my road,now i have to go to town,pay for parking and take a packed lunch incase i''m stuck in there for  hours!! :o
Post by: kalkanfan on November 17, 2007, 08:44:05 AM
I may ruffle a few feathers with this one but Parent & Child parking spaces.  Often abused, in my view, by parents when a car load of teenagers emerged from the people carrier with mum and/or dad (or even worse no kids at all).  My in laws are both in their 80''s, have mobility issues, yet do not qualify for any preferential parking rights at all.  I believe the argument is that you need lots of space either side to get the kids/buggies etc out of the car - fine - so why can''t this be done elsewhere in the car park and not as close to the entrance as possible???
Post by: Cruisecontroller on November 17, 2007, 12:21:51 PM
Blue Lizard, I have to agree with you about white van man.  I had just made my first delivery on monday and was opening my cab door when WHAM, a white van collided with it.  Consequently it was difficult to re-secure my door in order to travel and when I did eventually get moving, it was a case of thick coat and heater on maximum !!!!  His van came off pretty grim, mirror & housing completely busted as well as his door windows and door.   Alas, it was my fault for failing to check in my mirror before opening the door, I should have known better as the road in question is pretty busy and vehicles DO fly in and out of there, then again, it was monday after all and if it is going to happen, it will happen on a monday or a friday !!

Dizzy.  I have been doing the same job for almost 27 years, I do 2 - 3000 miles a week in a 44 Tonne vehicle.  Courtesy and manners went out of the window many, many years ago.  Driving standards have been gradually deteriorating over the past 15 years and without sounding racist(which i''m not), we have, more recently been flooded out with Eastern Europeans who bring their own cars over here and their driving standards are something to be desired.  Like you, I hate it when someone doesn''t indicate, it does take a little while to get 44 Tonne rolling !!  Remember though, if you move to Kalkan, DON''T buy a car, use the local transport ie:- Dolmus, National type coaches as Turkish drivers are pretty crazy !!

Kalkanfan.  There should be a designated area for people carriers and four wheel drive type vehicles, there is nothing more daunting than to have one of these things parked next to you.  It is peoples laziness and ignorance in this country. 

Another thing that grates with me and her ladyship is firms allowing employees to keep works vehicles at home, most people haven''t got the space within their properties to accommodate them and therefore leave them out on the public highway to cause a nuisance to other residents.  Near where we live there is a nice green triangle with some trees and parked on the grass is a white van and a red mini bus, a blot on the landscape !!
Post by: Wendy on November 17, 2007, 05:56:34 PM
1.Chewing gum and chewers who are not even able to keep their mouth shut while masticating like a Jersey cow, even worse when it''s spat onto the pavement.

2. Girls with babies in buggies who walk around smoking and chewing - what is that poor child going to grow up like?

3. The total lack of morality many youngsters have, and lack of respect for anyone.
Post by: Eljhem on November 17, 2007, 08:30:38 PM
We have a white van man in our road who insists on playing musical vans first thing in the morning and last thing at night to keep his parking space...........outside OUR house.

We used to have a friendly post office at the bottom of our garden ...............it is now a tanning salon!!!!!! (Blue lizard will know the one I mean)
Post by: Chucky on November 17, 2007, 09:18:24 PM
As a pedestrian I get annoyed when drivers don''t bother to indicate that they are turning at a corner or junction because there are no other vehicles about and expect me to be clairvoyant about their intentions and those that never stop at pedestrian crossings or for School crossings. 
Post by: Blue Lizard on November 18, 2007, 07:25:53 AM
eljhem...i know it well..it turned from a thriving little PO..to a tanning shop where no one goes!!all the young orange girls seem to go in town(not that iv''e noticed ;))
Post by: Mustafa Raki on November 19, 2007, 03:27:54 PM
Good Solution for cold calls. When anyone calls e.g double glazing etc just tell them that is what I sell for a living. They haven''t got an answer for it> It works for all cold calls. I won a cruise once-allegedly-I told them I was a Captain for P & O!!   try it and see. Also if you get called for Jury Se vice tell them you are psychic! They won''t want you!   
Post by: bluefudge11 on November 19, 2007, 04:32:56 PM
another good solution for cold calls (telephone) is to listen to the usual 5 minute uniterupted standard waffle then wait a second or two and then  say "hello" -
You hear them sigh as they start the waffle again  at which point you hang up.

&

I hate Supermarkets that change the location of things, but you will notice that the Malt loaf is always by the Deli counter. Why?  well  this because it is actually a stress relief toy, Watch how many people will go up and give it a squeeze whilst waiting in the queue to buy their individual slices of Billy Bear spam, but they never but the malt loaf in the trolley .
And Bread, watch how many people go and squeeze bread to make sure the loaf is fresh, then select another loaf that hasn''t been squeezed (why don''t they select the one they have just confirmed is fresh)

...and and
Post by: Blue Lizard on November 19, 2007, 05:17:56 PM
mmmmm...jury service!! theres a thought >:D..stick me on jury service the next time that irritating little plank/junkie Pete Doherty goes to court!!...the judiciary seem loathe to bang him up...send him down....5 years for starters >:D >:D
Post by: Cruisecontroller on November 19, 2007, 06:45:01 PM
blue lizard, don''t forget to add Amy Winehouse and her hubby.
Post by: Chucky on November 19, 2007, 09:34:31 PM
And is anybody with a brain the slightest bit interested in all these so called celebrities. Do we really need to see pictures of them flashing their "private" lives and privates.!!!!
Post by: kalkanfan on November 19, 2007, 10:09:44 PM
I was in Boots yesterday and while queing for the till saw two "celeb" magazines.  On one the headline was "Ziggy dumped me by text" while the magazine next to it had the headline "Why I dumped Ziggy".  Fair play to whoever was dumped for selling two different stories to two magazines but does it not show how futile and worthless these stories/magazines are.  Ban the word celebrity and put a 1000% rate of VAT on these magazines!
Post by: Chucky on November 19, 2007, 10:51:49 PM
Wasn''t Ziggy one of the Muppets?
Post by: felicity on November 20, 2007, 08:21:47 AM
Hi Joan - no I think ziggy was off Sesame street - but perhaps should have been from the muppets like all those other celebs..!!!  ;D
Post by: Blue Lizard on November 20, 2007, 09:56:36 AM
didn''t David Bowie sing about Ziggy Stardust? O0
Post by: littlelin on November 20, 2007, 05:02:51 PM
No, Ziggy used to be in Grange Hill.
Post by: Blue Lizard on November 21, 2007, 02:38:31 PM
i''m not a moaner really but grrrrrrrrr  >:(this is the victor thread!!,letter posted 4 miles away takes 3 days to reach me? (not the first time !)pay for a first class stamp...if they said  "if you pay for a premier service you may have a 50/50 chance of recieving it" how many people would buy first class stamps?"   ::)
Post by: Mrs B on November 21, 2007, 03:59:04 PM
Oooooh...that reminds me of the time i sent a letter, first class recorded (as it promotes itself as the best way to send important paperwork!!) to a solicitors.
Three weeks later it still hadnt arrived.
I phoned Royal Mail customer services to complain, and was told to download a complaints form from their website and i''d get refunded the cost of postage IF i had a receipt, and not just the proof of postage i received at the post office.
I got so annoyed and posted off a complaint to the manager of the dept...never received a response, said they didnt get it!!!!
Lololol!!!!
You couldnt make it up, could you!  :o
Post by: Honey on November 22, 2007, 09:04:44 AM
Trinny & Susannah.yuk,yuk & yuk.Rude horrible women.
Post by: Chucky on November 22, 2007, 10:02:40 PM
I know, "I don''t beeelieve it"!! Talk about pot and kettle!!! And who in their right mind would want to weigh their boobs in water!!! If they grabbed hold of my puppies I would give them a "Wigan Kiss". Unbelievable.
Post by: holidayfever on November 23, 2007, 09:28:23 AM
Christmas shopping yesterday in Leeds, oh god the shops were hotter than Kalkan in Aug, there I was with coat and jumper, bags heavy, they have heating full blast, doors open and staff running around in tee shirts, supposed to go back today for a second dose, may just wear my bikini, now there is a sight. :o
Post by: Babadag on November 23, 2007, 07:59:21 PM
I don''t believe it - I have just seen diesel for 109.9!!!!!! 
No wonder a taxi charged my Mum £5.50 to go 3 miles today.
Post by: Blue Lizard on November 23, 2007, 08:45:31 PM
i fear before long we are going to get long lines at garages as the refinerys get blockaded again!! ::)
Post by: Blue Lizard on December 05, 2007, 02:03:43 PM
weatherforcasters!!...why do they persist in telling me lies???why don''t they say "Despite spending millions of pounds on equipment it''s so unpredictable we haven''t got a clue,we suggest you ask somebody with a dodgy knee or failing that an old farmer whos cows lie down ,or even somebody who has a bit of seaweed" they have recently even started telling us about the weather we have just experienced.BBC for my area is often different to ITV and as for computer.....I''ts never right!!.....grrrrrrrrrrr >:( >:(
Post by: DRBD on December 05, 2007, 03:27:35 PM
All those retired people/couples who HAVE to go shopping in the supermarket during the office workers lunch times, then have long discussions about the price of items, what they want for tea etc standing in the middle of a packed aisle with their trolleys whilst all I want is a sandwich. Then the other scale of when I do my monthly supermarket shop at 7pm and come across people having to phone home to see what the family want for supper, or have long conversations whilst pushing their trolley around and not taking any notice of where they are going.  There should be no mobile phones allowed unless in emergencies in shops used by customers.  That might save a few bruises to the legs etc..........................
Post by: bluefudge11 on December 06, 2007, 12:47:17 PM
Our local weather reporters just vaguely mention every potential weather that  we could possibly have  during that season. covering their own butts.
And why do we need pretty pictures showing what a cloud looks like, just tell me.  I''ll understand. And finally why do they all look so smug at the end of a forecast ... YOU WILL BE WRONG!
Post by: Chucky on December 08, 2007, 05:23:07 PM
Am I the only person who always manages to buy the umbrellas that turn inside out and disintegrate at the slightest breeze!!!!  I must have had five or six this year. I bought one from Superdrug, over a tenner and had it replaced three times as they all broke the first time I used them, a "guaranteed" stormproof brolly supposed built to withstand gale force winds, £20+, (lasted three outings) and a couple of others. I have got absolutely drenched today as my latest one went as soon as I opened it. Grrrrrr. I am going to stick to the £1.99 ones from now on, don''t think I am quite ready for a "Rainmate" yet.LOL
At least I have done most of my prezzie buying. But I just know that because I have done it so early(for me), they will now start reducing the prices on all the things I have bought before Christmas. 
Post by: Chucky on March 24, 2008, 08:48:19 PM
If you were to met someone new and you said "Hello" to them and they just ignored you, you would feel a bit "miffed".
So if you decide to go into the chatroom and someone who is in there already says "Hello" to you, can I please ask you to say "hello" back. After all it''s only good manners.
Thanks I feel better now!!! ;D
Post by: yoyo on May 25, 2008, 04:00:19 PM
Passports - thought I should come on here for my rant - wow, Del, didn''t realise they lasted 10 years, must have been going around with my eyes shut for years now, had several renewals and never noticed!!! ::)  My point was - my 6 month limit starts just 4 days before I return from Kalkan.  Surely if the 6 months starts within the time you are away this could be taken account of if it''s only a matter of days.  I only use my passport once a year (wish it could be more but not everyone is that lucky), so yes I do think its a waste! >:(
Post by: Chucky on May 25, 2008, 05:03:34 PM
I don''''t know what Ray will find when he goes for his passport on Wednesday, as Kalakn4eva has warned they block book appointments. If he is stuck in a megaqueue to wait for his appointment plus the four and a half hour wait to get his new passport, he will not be pleased. He then has to get back home, get his case and taxi to the airport. I get very nervous just thinking about it. have now started crossing toes as well as fingers!!!!! Plus, of course, he will have to pay a lot more for it. What a nightmare!!! I am surpriced the Passport Control at Turkey last October did not pick it up as he must have been "short of the 6 months" then but did not know it.
Joan
Joan
Post by: yoyo on May 25, 2008, 05:25:24 PM
Joan,
Just keep thinking how relaxed you are going to be once its all sorted and you are both there sitting on your balcony looking out at that great view.  8)
Post by: Chucky on May 25, 2008, 06:26:11 PM
True, after stressing all afternoon today to get his pictures and then to rearrange all the packing, plus weighing to make sure we are both within the luggage allowance, I just want to go to bed!!!!
Will treble check all the alarm clocks!!!!
Post by: kalkan4eva on June 01, 2008, 01:14:05 PM
Joan, I''m hoping it all went to plan and you are both now in Kalkan enjoying the wonderful views??
Only 5 more sleeps for us  :)
Post by: Lorretta on July 19, 2008, 10:56:44 AM
Just thought I would add my rant. I have recently started commuting to work and these are the things that really irk me:
People talking loudly on their mobiles on the train when I am trying to read my book.
People who insist on occupying the outside seat on a packed train and depositing their bags on the empty seat next to them. When you have the temerity to ask them to move their bags so that you may take a seat on a public transport service, they glare and tut!!!
Cyclists who don''t stop at red lights. This one really makes my blood boil. We had one young lady due to attend an interview at our offices in Southwark street who was knocked over by a cyclist and had to be taken to hospital.
MP3 players so loud I don''t know why the user bothers with earphones.
Cases on wheels. Why do you need a case to go to work?
Rucksacks!! People barging their way through the train with huge rucksacks that nearly take your head off.
Dawdlers wandering aimlessly along the street and then stopping suddenly for no apparent reason.
Free papers - having Metro and London Lite thrust in my face outside the station.
Right, I feel better now. That really was a Victor Meldrew rant.
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on July 19, 2008, 11:00:46 AM
You forgot one thing Loretta........... chewing gum on seats! GRRRRRRRRRRR  >:D >:D >:D
Post by: jinfizzz on July 19, 2008, 11:02:07 AM
And why, oh why, do parents with young children insist on travelling home from their day out in London on the busiest commuter trains??????? ???  Why can''t they go home a bit earlier?
Post by: itstime on July 19, 2008, 11:14:06 AM
The weather  >:( >:( >:( absolutely chucking it down here yesterday and today. Had to put the heating on it''s so cold. For goodness sake it''s mid July. Got back from Kalkan on Thursday and not been able to show off my tan as it''s hard to see it through layers of sweaters and jackets  :(
Post by: bluefudge11 on July 19, 2008, 11:53:59 AM
and why oh why  do old people go shopping on Saturdays - They have all week to use there free bus pass but instead are determined to block the aisles in Tescos at the busiest time!  ??? ???
Post by: Lorretta on July 19, 2008, 01:10:03 PM
Chewing Gum per se Jon. I hate the stuff!
Oh and people eating "smelly" food on the train, burgers and the like and then leaving all their rubbish behind when they get off.
Post by: Chucky on July 19, 2008, 03:04:18 PM
People who put their feet on the seats, loud music "leaking" from earphones, people who shout conversations on their mobile, people chewing gum oblivious to the fact it makes them looks like cows chewing cud and those that blow bubbles with it and then loudly pop it, and anyone who thinks it is acceptable to eff and jeff in normal conversation!!!!!

And being timed out when posting a comment!!!!!
Joan in Vera mode!!!
Post by: Cuddles on July 19, 2008, 04:35:44 PM
Traffic calming. Here in Dorset we have a lot of hatched lines, strange roundabout markings and etc. It really gets to me that councillors seem to approve anything that slows traffic down but, never consider the road rage and damage to cars they may be causing by approving these stupid systems. They also don''t seem to consider the time lost because they make cars go slower or the damage to the environment because cars are not as fuel efficient at very low speeds. Add to that the confusion caused to tourists by some of the road markings and the accidents that happen as a result.
 I suspect that our councils want to slow everything down to the pace of the bathchairs for which we are renowned down here.
Grrr, that really winds me up.
Post by: itstime on July 19, 2008, 06:39:04 PM
oohhhhhh just everything. In such a grumpy mood just now  >:(
feel better now that I got that off my chest :)
Post by: kalkan4eva on July 21, 2008, 12:46:15 PM
I hate travelling on the tube...full stop. I don''t go to London often, but when I do, how I hate the London Underground. People are downright rude - pushing and shoving and getting right in your face. It''s a hideous mode of transport, but I accept if you want to get across the city quickly it''s the only way to go. My London friends always laugh at me on the tube "spot the Northerner" they call it...as I''m the only person saying "sorry...excuse me....thankyou...would you like my seat?" :o :o

The London Underground pales into insignificance when it comes to "queue jumpers"..they are a menace to society and a reason to bring the stocks back. What makes a person believe that the queue that everyone is waiting patiently in is not for them?? Be that in a shop, or on the road?
I''m also not too fond of people who go in the 10 items or less aisle in the supermarket with clearly more than 10 items. The tills should be calibrated to cut off after 10 items >:( Also hate it when people buy coffee to go (cheaper) in Starbucks then take up a seat with their carry-out cup and muffin in a paper bag.....what part of "to go" did they not understand????? The other big bugbear is people who treat the newsagents like a library and stand and read all the newspapers and magazines without buying them...what if we all did that???

It''s Monday and I''m ranting because it''s Monday!!
Post by: kalkan wife on July 21, 2008, 07:30:04 PM
The last posting has prompted my pet hate here in Turkey, they have no concept of queueing particularly in the post office or bank. I and my OH were sitting haveing what should have been a private talk with a senior member of bank staff at their ''cubicle'' when at least 5 people insisted on asking questions and trying to get something done and then sitting on my shoulder waiting to jump in the seat.

SO ANNOYING!
Post by: MartynE on July 21, 2008, 07:42:41 PM
My pet hate?

Supermarkets on a Friday evening.

That is all.

>:(
Post by: misty on July 21, 2008, 08:35:53 PM
Women drivers checking out the sales whilst driving along.....oblivious to the mayhem they are causing LOL
Post by: Brooksie on July 22, 2008, 09:55:19 AM
kalkan wife
You must have been in Deniz Bank.
Post by: Mrs B on July 22, 2008, 11:22:54 AM
Ah no, Misty....i''''m always well aware of the mayhem i am causing around me, whatever i''''m doing!   ;D
Post by: misty on July 22, 2008, 11:24:19 AM
Ha ha your one of the few that does.......
Post by: kalkan4eva on October 29, 2009, 03:08:47 PM
..well I've just had a Victor Meldrew moment, so I thought I'd revive this thread and share... ::) ok, I want to get it off my chest.

Think I've just met the rudest shop assistant, EVER! Despite the huge queues because it's lunchtime, only one till open and six assistants stacking shelves and generally avoiding having to serve customers (God forbid). Eventually the only girl serving rings the bell for assistance....erm don't all rush at once. This one dawdles up and spends a good few minutes tidying round the till area before she opens. She just looks up, doesn't shout "next please" and waits. She treats each customer with disdain. No "please", "thank you", "that'll be £8.50". She just holds her hand out for the money and dispenses change. One guy asks "how much is that?" and she moved the screen on her till to show him. Perhaps, I'm being unkind, perhaps she has a speech impediment...but then I hear her ask her colleague what time break she's on and I know that's not the case.
My turn and joy...she serves me. I try to engage her in conversation..
"Are you having a bad day?" to which she replies "It would be a whole lot better if I didn't have to be here"  :o :o
Really? Does Mr WH Smith know that's how you feel because I'm sure there's a load of unemployed shopworkers who might like your job is what I should have said..instead, due to shock, I think all I could manage was "oh"

God help her when it's Christmas week :o :o

Rant over, chest clear.
Next?
Post by: Blue Lizard on October 29, 2009, 05:33:13 PM
Bah! Bah!Bah! Humbug!!! Bloody christmas already!! and more shops want to charge me for a bag!! if you want to charge me for a bag.....don't put the name of your shop all over it!! iv'e just sent money in the shop ,now i'm expected to pay for advertising  the place!! grrr...grrr Bah! >:(
Post by: Kefgirl on October 29, 2009, 06:45:01 PM
Six or more options when you ring any company  >:(
I'm expecting one of the options soon to say "If you wish to be plunged into a silent, telephonic abyss, press 6 now"
As I speak, I'm on "hold" with Vodafone, listening to lamentable electronic music, while they sort out a cock-up on my account. I don't beleeeeeeeve it!    ::)
Post by: Blue Lizard on October 29, 2009, 07:21:41 PM
And another thing!!! Posties going on strike!!  they want a squillion pounds a week for putting things through a hole in your door!! i used to be a postie year ago and it's not hard to get all the letters for house number two and shove them through number four!!   Grrr Grrr Grrr ;D
Post by: misty on October 29, 2009, 07:37:45 PM
There was a postman on the radio today bitterly complaining that the management want him to work a full 8 hour day...heaven forbid even though he is paid for 8 hours he works between 5-6 hours then goes home.....I say let the Post Office go to the wall there are plenty of companies offering a better service already.
Post by: Lougie on October 30, 2009, 01:13:33 PM
My pet hates, all the ones mentioned on this thread, but top ones have to be people driving up your back side even when in a traffic jam, people smoking with kids in the car & the windows shut & the one that really annoys me, the school run traffic what should be a 10 minute drive to work takes me half an hour!!
Post by: fidimax on October 30, 2009, 01:27:34 PM
People who dont leave a message on my answering machine,then when you do 1471 and ring them back you are given another number to ring to stop them ringing you again !!!!!!!  >:(
Post by: Kefgirl on October 30, 2009, 09:12:41 PM
I've really noticed that. This week is half-term in Liverpool and getting to work has been ridiculously easy.
It would be great if people stopped ferrying their kids to school and let them take the school bus. Greener for the planet too.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal