Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Another first timer and loved it!  (Read 2462 times)

Offline marb100

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Another first timer and loved it!
« on: August 25, 2011, 11:29:34 AM »
We have just returned from Kalkan and absolutely loved it. As a holiday destination it provides something and everything for all the family, which was my main concern what with a workaholic husband and three children aged 15, 13 and 9 in tow.

Hubbie and I visted Fethiye exactly 20 years ago, so we were concerned that Turkey would be a very different place and too commercial. That wasn't the case. It still maintains a unique charm and friendliness which we first encountered all those years ago.

Here is a summary of our highlights:

1. Had a Turkish Bath at the Atlantis Hamman next to Yali supermarket at the start of the holiday. A must-do experience and wonderful to be pampered, scrubbed and massaged by two friendly Turskish men - my 9-year-old was in stitches during his ticklish massage!
2. The food and service in the restaurants was exceptional. We ate out every other evening during our two-week stay and always had an excellent meal. Our favourite was Gourmet which we visited three times as it was so good. Others we enjoyed were Kalamaki and Seaport.
3. Beach clubs - we loved these especially Palma where the service and friendliness of the staff was tip top. Prices were reasonable and the kids loved the trampoline and water activities.
4. We hired a car one day (£25) and visited Saklikent (get there early to avoid the crowds), then tubed down the river for some freshwater exhilharation. Unfortunately, the day we went they were resurfacing the road so our hire car got completely splattered in tar. We had to go to a garage and pay 30 lira to get it scrubbed off. But hey, all part of the experience!! Finished up at Patara beach which was beautiful, if a tad busy.
5. Went on a canoeing trip down the Xanthos river. £20 each and free for our youngest. We all loved this and were treated to a delightful mudbath and wonderful barbecue lunch. Great fun and games with the team leaders, finishing up at the quiet end of Patara where the river meets the sea (cold water meets hot!). Loved it!
6. Kalkan itself is a lovely town with loads of charm. Really enjoyed the Thursday market and browsing in the boutiques. Bought lots of designer copies and DVDs for the kids. Also, some lovely silver jewellery for me.

Any negatives? Just one really which is the main road/dual carriageway above the town which we had to walk along and cross every day as we were in a private villa near the Samira Deluxe. Please tell me that they are going to build a footbridge as this is highly impractical and dangerous?

We will definitely be back to Kalkan as there's still so much to see and do (Kas, Kemokov, etc) Will probably hire a villa in Kormuluk next time as this is an ideal location for Palma Beach Club and walking into town safely we think.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8424.0

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
Re: Another first timer and loved it!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 11:45:54 AM »
Great report,so glad you loved Kalkan.
I too hope we will get a footbridge,eventually,over the main road.

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 12:25:38 PM »
Fantastic report, great to hear about the trips you went on. Keep em coming !

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 06:51:44 PM »
Good report, glad you enjoyed Kalkan.
Nicky

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 08:15:54 PM »

Any negatives? Just one really which is the main road/dual carriageway above the town which we had to walk along and cross every day as we were in a private villa near the Samira Deluxe. Please tell me that they are going to build a footbridge as this is highly impractical and dangerous?

I don't think that the footbridge will ever be built unless there is a serious accident or heaven forbid a death along that stretch of the D400.
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 02:05:30 AM »
welcome to the forum marb100, sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for taking the time to post your holiday report :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Le Mans.....i loved it!!

Started by Mrs B on The Everything Else Area!

5 Replies
Last post June 19, 2008, 12:41:18 PM
by Mrs B
xx
First Trip: LOVED every minute

Started by nancynb on Holiday Reports and Reviews

5 Replies
Last post September 29, 2009, 05:46:10 PM
by lorilou
xx
First timer !!!

Started by Paulgee on Introduce Yourself

11 Replies
Last post July 04, 2012, 09:44:16 AM
by Skunk
recycled
first timer

Started by Baggy on General Discussion

9 Replies
Last post May 21, 2009, 06:57:41 PM
by Baggy

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal