Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Are you a happy renter..........  (Read 7910 times)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: Are you a happy renter..........
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 05:09:20 PM »
All very interesting, made me realise that I need to check if there will be a welcome pack as we arrive very late so water, loo roll will definitely me required.....does that sound as odd? ???

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2011, 08:41:59 PM »
No not at all Babs............its the least you should expect, dont forget to let us know if you were able to wipe your b*m before you went to bed   ??? 8) ???
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline Reygirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 10:30:01 PM »
It's true that the managing agents make all the difference and it's easy to spot those who take the money and don't do their job.  Difficulties I've experienced include having to suggest where they might leave the key for me to pick up because an 8 am arrival was inconvenient to them...!!  Then trying to find the right door and work the key in an awkward lock.  Key and lock have also proved to be a problem recently in a different apartment because there was a knack to making them work.  We found details in the information book which of course you don't stop to read when arriving late evening and wanting to get into town for a drink and a bite to eat - ended up getting locked out at 1 o'clock in the morning and having to ring (fortunately) a very helpful agent who was able to describe what we needed to do.  And a packet of biscuits as the only thing to eat in the 'welcome pack' is definitely skimpy.  Fortunately I've never experienced lack of light bulbs or toilet paper but owners really do need to ask for direct feedback from renters on the service provided by their agents because it makes a huge difference to the holiday experience.  And of course owners are paying money for their 'service'.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2011, 11:13:59 AM »
As we also are serial renters (not just in Kalkan), we have had good and bad experiences. Mainly good on the whole. The worst equipped villa (with no welcome pack, dirty pool and lip sevice from the management company -  couldn't even get into the damn villa cos it was pitch black, no lights left on, no key and no code for the electric gates) we have ever stayed in was in Barbados, and the best....Kalkan of course!!

A welcome pack, however basic (ie water, loo roll in toilet, bread and butter) is much appreciated,  but what makes the difference is those little touches you don't always find, for example washing powder and fabric softner (even just a cupful to get you started before you find the local supermarket of which I always replace with new before we leave) and instructions in English on how to work the appliances eg oven, microwave, dishwasher, grill etc. A washing up cloth, tea towel, washing up liquid, hand soap etc It's not that I spend my holiday washing, cooking and cleaning, far from it and although these things are not essential they are lovely thoughtful touches that make a huge difference.

The best thing we ever had waiting for us on arrival this year (according to my OH) was 4 cans of Efes and frozen glasses in the freezer. He thought he'd died and gone to heaven - better than last year in Kas when we arrived in the middle of the night. Poor sod jumped in bed to find it was completely soaked through from the dodgy AC unit above. iIve never seen him move as quick. Incidentally, although reported first day to the management company. Nothing was done, despite repeated requests. We had to move all the bedroom furniture around ourselves to avoid being dripped on and listen to the annoying sound of drip drip drip into a mop bucket for 2 weeks!!!

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2011, 11:36:48 AM »
P.S pool/beach towels and more than one pillow per person is helpful, as a visitors book or instructions on when the domus runs, taxi numbers, take away menus, hints and tips to make the best of your holiday etc.  :)

Offline Dellbarr

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2011, 04:11:39 PM »
The virus is still around, I'm afraid. My Daughter got it on her last night, as did my Wife a fortnight later. I caught it but it only lasted a day and the couple in the next apartment went down with it. That's five out of six!  We all ate at different restaurants and had different meals. All in the last fortnight.

Offline Iwanttobethere

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2011, 05:09:59 PM »
We have rented in Kalkan and many other places over the years and the one thing that always annoys me is the lack of cleaning cloths and washing up liquid. My theory is that each tenant buys new for their stay and the cleaners and/or letting agents remove it at the end of the stay. Surely a welcome pack to include a few cleaning materials would be a nice touch.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2011, 09:15:33 PM »
Good point, Iwanttobethere. We aways buy cleaning products and bleach for the toilets - when we were here last month, the Cif and bleach were taken away by the cleaners when they made their first weekly clean :(
Have to say, on the virus front, BH and I have been fine this time (touch wood) - maybe we have immunity ???
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2011, 08:33:18 AM »
We always leave stuff behind for the next people...as you say cleaning products,bin bags,TOILET ROLLS!!etc..this year before we were even in the taxi the stuff was in a box being taken away by the cleaner,i guess they would be used on other places they clean or at home
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline anne41

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
  • young at heart
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2011, 12:45:47 PM »
Back a week and missing the place already but sadly not the villa we chose this year.

Main groan was misinformation and misleading photos .
Booked through owners direct where the blurb said it had a fridge freezer and dishwasher - could even see it in the photo!
You know what I'm going to say -no fridge freezer or dishwasher - which is really important to us as we eat in most nights - so like to stock up on food when we arrive and it means the men are not stuck to the kitchen sink !!!

This then made us look round and see what else it did not have - main things like no dishes to put in the oven, one very small frying pan no tin opener, potato peeler not enough wine glasses for party - the list goes on.

The contact no. we were given was not answering so ended up phoning owner in Britain - some things were sorted out and do feel the owner was let down by his management company.

That all said we made the best and had a great holiday and also must say have been doing owners direct all over the world for years and this is the first time ever been let down by a place we have chosen.

Anne

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2011, 04:00:49 PM »
Back a week and missing the place already but sadly not the villa we chose this year.

Main groan was misinformation and misleading photos .
Booked through owners direct where the blurb said it had a fridge freezer and dishwasher - could even see it in the photo!
You know what I'm going to say -no fridge freezer or dishwasher - which is really important to us as we eat in most nights - so like to stock up on food when we arrive and it means the men are not stuck to the kitchen sink !!!

This then made us look round and see what else it did not have - main things like no dishes to put in the oven, one very small frying pan no tin opener, potato peeler not enough wine glasses for party - the list goes on.

The contact no. we were given was not answering so ended up phoning owner in Britain - some things were sorted out and do feel the owner was let down by his management company.

That all said we made the best and had a great holiday and also must say have been doing owners direct all over the world for years and this is the first time ever been let down by a place we have chosen.

Anne

What on earth had they done with the fridge freezer and dishwasher :o :o
Poor show indeed and hopefully the owner will take note.

Offline lindylou

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2011, 06:46:19 PM »
We will arrive in the early hours of the morning so a basic welcome back is appreciated. Toilet rolls etc till people get to the shops should be standard. Last large villa we had in Turkey the owner left loads of toilet rolls, washing powder, kitchen rolls etc all bought wholesale. This was all reflected in the price but much appreciated as it saved us shopping for them. Another thing I appreciate is contact from the owner both before and during the holiday and quick replies to emails

Offline anne41

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
  • young at heart
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2011, 08:46:55 AM »
Re the fridge freezer and dishwasher--appears he thought the kitchen looked better without them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2011, 05:25:53 PM »
Re the fridge freezer and dishwasher--appears he thought the kitchen looked better without them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o :o :o :o :o Lost for words!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Happy

Started by popps on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post July 14, 2009, 08:32:23 PM
by foreverkalkan
xx
Happy Hotel

Started by jer on Accommodation and Hotels

4 Replies
Last post June 07, 2011, 09:58:08 PM
by jer
xx
Happy New Year!

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post January 01, 2017, 12:38:24 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Happy St David's Day

Started by Honey on The Everything Else Area!

7 Replies
Last post March 02, 2008, 01:34:39 PM
by felicity

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal