Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Bags!  (Read 16929 times)

Offline loveredwine

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Bags!
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2011, 06:15:39 PM »
I, like Tortoise Lady, have missed out on the bag and shoes gene. lol 
However my 24 daughter has not and it is her dream to eventually own a Mulberry handbag.  I wouldn't know one if it hit me in the face!!
I am in Kalkan in October for 2 weeks and would love some advice on which shops have the best 'fake' Mulberry handbags.  I would love to surprise her with one as it will be a long time, if ever, that she will have the real deal.
Thanks in advance everyone. 

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2011, 11:41:51 PM »

You really want to spend over £300 on a fake bag....then I guess the shops offer better quality than the market  ??? ???

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2011, 08:06:36 AM »

You really want to spend over £300 on a fake bag....then I guess the shops offer better quality than the market  ??? ???

A quality leather copy is absolutely worth it ;D
You're unlikely to find one at the market but BSG do a lovely Mulberry Alexis ;D

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2011, 10:39:31 PM »
Nuri's leather shop next to the Moonlight also have a great selection of Mulberry bags.  As October is at the end of the season you will probably get one for around £100 - £150.  Happy shopping!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2011, 06:45:23 PM »
oh my....what have I started...as Chris says this was meant to be a light hearted thread...I think everyone is aware that most bags sold in Kalkan are copies rather than fakes , I've lost track of who has said what but I don't really think that buying a copy in Kalkan is taking business away from shops selling the genuine article at home...there is no comparison in price
like someone else said if anyone comments on my lovely mulberry copies (all bought from BSG by the way) I laugh and say they are copies.....and you only have to go to a Mulberry shop to see the difference

please lets not turn everything on here into a rant....lets remember the name of the website....our week in Kalkan is starting to seem even more appealing as we come to the end of a very cold, damp and dull week's holiday in Devon....with not a decent bag shop to be seen  >:D

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2011, 10:11:42 PM »
Hey Babs not too sure about them not being good copies.  While browsing through the Mulberry store in Hse of Fraser my daughter was asked 3 times where she had purchased her bag from.  Apparently it was one of the latest models and the shop had run out of stock.  I had bought it for her in Nuri's shop!  Have bought from both Nuri and BSG. 

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2011, 10:36:17 PM »
Like Charlie, we have bought a number of bags from Nuri over the years, and they are excellent copies in terms of quality and style.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2011, 08:01:23 AM »
I have it on good authority from the bag expert in the house...that the only slight discrepancy on the Mulberry bought was the catch was slightly thinner than an original..the owner said she had photos of a genuine one and it was in hand to perfect it.....As long as the catch works and my fags don't fall out! >:D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2011, 08:27:34 PM »
 ;D

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2011, 09:36:23 PM »
I stand corrected about them not being good copies....I think my problem is that I go for the coloured ones and then discover that originals are totally different colours!

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2011, 09:49:28 PM »
Was in Frasers with my purple Jimmy Choo copy and the shop assistant (sorry probably has a more posh name) was entranced by my bag :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2011, 10:06:28 PM »
actually on second thoughts I got very admiring glances from the assistants in Fenwicks when I got out my latest Mulberry purse! :laugh:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Bean bags

Started by foodie on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

4 Replies
Last post July 07, 2009, 07:56:43 PM
by Chucky
xx
Antler's Bags are Out of the Attic....

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

22 Replies
Last post August 24, 2011, 05:52:46 PM
by kevincat99
xx
Scanning bags on arrival?

Started by Kalkan regular on Flights and Travel

7 Replies
Last post March 25, 2015, 11:09:52 AM
by samson
xx
All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go ........

Started by RosiB on Holiday Reports and Reviews

83 Replies
Last post August 19, 2015, 10:21:44 AM
by RosiB

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal