Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Note to Owners who rent out  (Read 2869 times)

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Note to Owners who rent out
« on: July 21, 2011, 09:29:09 AM »
This morning while driving near our villa I was stopped by a young English woman who was lost, panic-stricken and sobbing.  She had been walking around up and down hills looking for her rental villa for more than 1 hour while also carrying 3 bags of groceries. She had walked from the rented villa down to Yali supermarket but had lost her way going back. The couple have only one mobi and that was in the villa where her husband did not hear it ring.  The husband, a baby and a small child at home were also becoming ever more anxious when she didn't return.  The woman knew the name of the villa but did not know in what area it is located or the street name.  We called the Jandarm to see if they knew the location of the villa by name but the owner had not registered it.  However, from the description of the view and the steepness of the hill where it is located, we estimated the general area and found the villa after some driving around.  Happy mother, children and husband reunited.

Last summer the Jandarm received a call in the middle of the night from an hysterical woman saying thieves were inside her rental villa.  But she did not know either where it was or even the name of the villa so the Jandarm could not find it.

In conclusion, if you want to ensure your guests' comfort and safety, I strongly recommend that you ...

a) register your villa with the Jandarm.  Download and fill out the form on this link - http://kalkan.turkishlocalnews.com/portal/jandarma-emergency-id

b) provide a walking map from your villa to the main street in town.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8206.0
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
Re: Note to Owners who rent out
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 10:32:49 AM »
Excellent advice Cosetta.

Offline magic3

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 12:23:43 PM »
You could also provide business cards with full address of rental property. We did that for our family when staying to give to taxi drivers so they knew how to get home!!

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 04:52:06 PM »
Had a similar experience last year!!!  Although having been to Kalkan several times before, our villa was in a slightly different location, but in the same area.  It is amazing how they all look the same in the moonlight (normal Kalkan power cut!)  It took an hour to find it and I apologise to all those people we may have woken up by galloping up and down their steps, with the awful realisation that it was not our villa!   Do not blame EFES!  Would have been nice to have had further details of our "home" before we got a taxi to where we THOUGHT we were, esp. as we had not even unpacked!
Cue tears, desperation and bursting into more tears (of relief) when we finally found our "abode" :'( :'( :'(

Offline kalkanbelle

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 31
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 09:04:45 PM »
We always give guests the full address of our villa and directions to and from the village and advise them to keep it with them during their stay.  The address is also in the house book together with useful numbers: doctors, dentists, jandarma, taxis etc. and we also provide a mobile phone that they can use for local calls.

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 10:31:05 PM »
That's a good idea. We just use Cafe Vita as a reference point but registering with the Jandarm is a good thing to do.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
ANOTHER QUESTİON TO OWNERS THAT RENT OUT OT TO HOTEL OWNERS

Started by Random on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post June 21, 2011, 07:06:49 PM
by MartynE
xx
Villa and apartment owners that rent out.

Started by saskia on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post September 18, 2011, 12:54:26 PM
by tortoise lady
xx
Question for owners who rent out villas/apartments

Started by MartynE on General Discussion

25 Replies
Last post June 21, 2011, 08:09:20 AM
by Legionaire
xx
To Rent a Car or Not!

Started by kizzy on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post September 12, 2013, 10:07:41 AM
by Blue Lizard

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal