Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Bade Beach  (Read 3938 times)

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Bade Beach
« on: July 23, 2011, 07:22:12 PM »
First off, before any accusations of nepotism, I don't have any financial interest in this joint or know the owner but I do know it serves excellent food and I want to help spread the word....................
More to follow on the other restaurants we ate at when I have time.
Please, please do not be put off from trying Bade because it's empty or because the front of house guy, Viktor, is desperate for you to go in. The problem Bade have is that they're next door to Mussakka and Mussakka's always busy (rightly so, as it is excellent too).
When family Wilka went towards the beginning of our recent hols it was a fluke. We had booked a table at Akin and were having pre dinner drinks at Kleo. Mrs W and Wilka Jr made their way to Akin while I settled the bar bill. Viktor at Bade asked me to look at his Menu, I did, it looked good but I explained the situation re Akin.
Anyhoo, when I caught up with the family it turned out the table wasn't ready and didn't look like it would be anytime soon..........Mr Akin was apologetic but my tummy was rumbling so I dragged the others back down to Bade.
Got the best table - there was only one other couple in there. We were given free meze starters (a reward for me going back) and ordered mains: Seabass + pomegranitte (sp?) sauce, lamb kebab and a pasta dish (for the lad). What can I say? I cn't comment on the service (it was fantastic - but so it should have been, by the time the mains arrived we were the only ones in there). I can say that the food was just about as good as we had (13 restaurants in 14 days) - it was beautifully presented and prepared and we awarded it 5/5 (based on our own star rating system - which of course is totally subjective!!)(more to follow on the wilka star rating system when I get round to reviewing the other 12).
I know there's loads to choose from but I'll show my @rse in Fenwick's (big shop in Newcastle)  window  if you went and didn't thoroughly enjoy the experience.
Oh, by the way, much, MUCH (shouts) better value than most of the other harbour places.
Just my opinion.....................................
PW

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8215.0
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Bade Beach
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 07:39:57 PM »
Bade was always excellent last year too - I think we paid a couple of visits. Very good service, excellent food and like you say, very good value for a harbourside eatery.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 08:49:19 AM »
We will give it a go when we are out next....i hope it's nice as i don't want to see your bottom :-\
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 09:18:41 AM »
Interesting!! We ate in Moussaka a lot in June and noticed it was always empty in Bade which I have to say puts a lot of people off, however the main thing that put us off was the pushiness (if thats a proper word) of Viktor out front maybe someone should have a word with him as his desperation to get people in certainly put me off trying as you are not used to that in Kalkan - just a thought!

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 09:23:37 AM »
We will give it a go when we are out next....i hope it's nice as i don't want to see your bottom :-\

We went to Tlos in Patara (twice) after reading your posts. That we returned speaks volumes!! What a gem it is - I think Bade is to!
Look forward to hearing what you think!
PW

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 09:31:43 AM »
Interesting!! We ate in Moussaka a lot in June and noticed it was always empty in Bade which I have to say puts a lot of people off, however the main thing that put us off was the pushiness (if thats a proper word) of Viktor out front maybe someone should have a word with him as his desperation to get people in certainly put me off trying as you are not used to that in Kalkan - just a thought!

I know what you mean but I wouldn't say pushy..............more desperate I think. His job and the restaurant's survival is on the line and he is passionate about the restaurant and extremely confident that punters will recognise the quality of the food.................if he can get them through the door. Success breeds success and if people see other's in there enjoying their meal other's will follow but selling an empty restaurant to passers by with no shortage of options cannot be an easy job so I forgive Viktor is approach, I believe he's just a genuine guy trying to make a living.

PW

Offline hodstar

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 10:39:20 AM »

We will give Bade a go when we are back to Kalkan in September. I hope it's as good as you say, I pass Fenwicks window regularly.
 ::)

Offline BevJam

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 01:18:01 PM »

We had exactly the same experience, Victor was very pushy and very critical of Mussaka, put us off really, He could do with a less critical approach
Carpe diem

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 02:12:41 PM »
 :)having just returned from a 9 week stay in kalkan i can only say what a lovely restaurant this was. the owner aka "ray" was a lovely guy who was more than generous with his "freebies". we tried food from the main menu and also the set 3 course menu that was 19.5tl including a glass of wine or beer! we ate there at least twice a week and were never dissapointed. please try it. in my opinion i did not think the "front guy" was anymore pushy than some of the other restaurants.

Offline merseydave

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 08:35:47 AM »
Good post....we'll give it a try.......is it a big shop window????;)
Kalkan..........just ONE of the places we'll have a villa when we win the Euromillions!
Not a full time resident, but getting there!!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Kalkan Beach Parc beach club

Started by Sandancer on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

9 Replies
Last post May 25, 2013, 12:16:16 AM
by Lizilu20
xx
Getting to Palm beach club and Caretta beach club?

Started by HolmfirthNicky on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

6 Replies
Last post June 01, 2011, 08:43:55 AM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Where is this beach?

Started by BarbH on General Discussion

14 Replies
Last post March 10, 2011, 11:09:46 PM
by BarbH
xx
Beach Clubs

Started by jane on hols on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

2 Replies
Last post August 08, 2008, 08:47:52 PM
by Chucky

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal