Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: White Table's award winning Rose Wine  (Read 4607 times)

Offline kele

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
White Table's award winning Rose Wine
« on: July 19, 2011, 09:58:44 AM »
The guy here is heavily promoting Iris Rose Wine from the Buyulubag Vineyard as being the ‘best rose wine in the World 2011’.

Whilst it does appear to be a good example of a Rose, I’m not convinced that it merits the price of 44tr a bottle or 10tr a glass.

My big problem however is that I can find no mention whatever anywhere on the Internet of just which International Wine Competition it has won! So it appears the only person banging a drum for this wine is the guy at White Table himself, which is odd. Can anyone help please?

We’ve had a couple of meals there lately, mainly due to the recommendations on this site, and our curiosity to try this wine. On both occasions the service was slow, and so say at the least, pretentious.

We’re not sure is the White Table has fully grasped the hard commercial reality of the restaurant business in Kalkan in 2011, overpriced burgers and salads, and wine you can’t pin down to an award certainty raise some concerns for us.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8195.0
You know who really gives kids a bad name? Posh and Becks

Offline mark

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
    • Kalamar Meltem Apartments
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: White Table's award winning Rose Wine
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 11:02:43 AM »
Don't know the restaurant nor the wine, but this is what I found..

The award:
http://www.challengeduvin.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=23&tmpl=resultat-en&theme=recherche2011

The vineyard:
http://www.buyulubag.com/eng/index.html

It would have to be very good for that price and if the service is poor, the best wine is not going to make for a good visit.

Mark
Tripoli - Rome - London - Kalkan

Offline Alysa

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 11:12:25 AM »
The Iris rose wine 2008 has actually won the siver medal in a competition in France.

To read more about the wine, other Turkish wines and their awards follow this link http://www.kalkanparc.com/bestwines.pdf

The owner of Parc Kalkan restaurant used to have a winery in Izmir and is passionate about promoting decent Turkish wines at reasonable prices.

If any one else has any more questions im sure Cenk will be happy to help!

Offline whiteonyx

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 11:33:19 AM »
we found the White Tables food to be excellent and the reason for the food taking some time to arrive was that everything was made to order.

White table isn't a fast food bar and their attention to quality is their aim, when on holiday, whats the rush?

We thought that the ros'e wine was great and bearing in mind, some restaurants are selling LAL ros'e between 45 - 54 T/L, i don't mind paying for a good wine rather than spending a couple of pounds less and getting (just) acceptable plonk.

The Kalamaki is selling the award winning Lykia wines and is doing very well as some of us prefer quality not quantity.

Kalkan does have some of the best food in Turkey, why spoil that experience by drinking average wine? 

Offline White Table

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 01:14:25 PM »
The Awards of the vineyard and Iris Rose maybe checked from the link.

http://www.buyulubag.com/eng/index.html

Thank you for the comments we would like to improve our service according to the feedback we get from you. As said on the upper topic we are not a fast food joint, our average complimentary appetizers arrive in 4-5 min after order, starters if ordered arrives after 12-15 min according to the type and the mains arrive another 12-15 min after the appetizers.
We just try to offer something different at reasonable prices. 

Here is a link to find the retail price of the wine so you may compare with other retail prices of different brand wines and see how low we adjusted our profit margin so we may bring you good quality wine for reasonable prices

http://www.barcelonakav.com/ps/saraplar/123-iris-roze.html

Offline whiteonyx

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 01:44:12 PM »
well replied White Table.

Offline KalkanKath

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 03:26:37 PM »
I'm certainly not an expert on wine but I can vouch for the quality of the food and the service at White Table. Everything is freshly cooked and beautifully presented - the menu is a little bit different to the norm; nothing too heavy and overpowering but certainly creative and at reasonable prices considering its proximity to the harbour. My husband and I really enjoyed our visit there. Would definitely go again.

Offline virgin mary

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 01:30:09 PM »
drinking enough of the stuff can someone tell me is there any trips or anything where you can do some wine tasting and go to the vineyards? we did a tour in france of the vineyards and it was fantastic we learnt so much, just wondered if there was anything similar in kalkan??

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 06:06:23 PM »
Hi Virgin mary,
here is a link to a post about a visit to the Likya Vineyard
http://enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6396.0
Joan

Offline Bdancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 09:49:24 AM »
I loved White table and the people running it are a genuine friendly couple (and no I'm connected). It's nice to have something a little different, and I enjoy a good glass of Rose and White, which is what they offer. I have only ever heard positive comments from people who have eaten there. We will be visiting again in September

Isis

Offline Zorba the Geek

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 03:01:26 PM »

We, (a party of 7) will be arriving in Kalkan in late September, Could anyone advise where White Table is located in Kalkan as I would like to try it, And the wine in question?

Many Thanks

Mike

Offline Bdancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 10:56:19 AM »
White table is along the the first road up from and parallel to the harbour, and opposite Salt & Pepper, it's only quite small, but we think that's part of its charm

VirginMary - we visited the Lykia vinyard last september, we went to Elamli and then popped in on the way back, it's worth a visit, again a family owned small vinyard. As we there in sept the vines were full and they let us have wonder through them. We also did some tastings which resulted in a few purchases, probably best to go at the start of your holiday if you are planning on buying a few bottles

Isis

Offline Zorba the Geek

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 09:53:19 AM »
Thanks Isis :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

thumbup
White Table

Started by tuttifrutti on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

8 Replies
Last post May 16, 2013, 10:11:51 AM
by Bdancer
xx
No White Table this year

Started by Bdancer on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post April 01, 2014, 04:50:07 PM
by Bdancer
xx
White Table Restaurant

Started by MightyAphrodite on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

8 Replies
Last post August 20, 2012, 11:59:22 AM
by JenJen
xx
New cafe: White Table - excellent lunch

Started by Mags on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

11 Replies
Last post June 26, 2011, 02:00:36 PM
by HolmfirthNicky

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal