Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fuel price  (Read 3667 times)

Offline sidari

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
Fuel price
« on: July 14, 2011, 10:44:22 PM »
Hello all, 3 weeks to go until we return to Kalkan after 3 years. Picking up a car from John at Dalaman cars (well spoken of on here). How much is petrol per litre?(not cheap i know). Also as the car will be in the airport confines, is there an exit charge, man or machine? Cant wait for some Kalkan sun and magic-another soggy cold weekend on the way across the uk.
Thanks.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8158.0

Offline Pete

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Fuel price
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 04:51:53 PM »
Just back from two weeks in Turkey. We used Dalaman Cars again, first class service and vehicle. You leave the Airport Terminal Building and go out into the area where all the pick ups are, there will be someone waiting for you with a name board from Dalaman Cars. The car is in the short stay car park, so you will have to pay a small exit charge, cannot remember exactly how much it was, I think it was 7 lira, they will give you the parking ticket and you pay at a manned booth at the car park exit. Don't forget that you will also need 3 lira for the Gocek tunnel toll.
Petrol was 4.21 Lira per Litre, we had an Hyundai Accent and it took 143 Lira to fill it when it was pretty well on empty.
Hope this helps.

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 05:24:54 PM »
Seen up to 4.35 per litre today on the way to Fethiye, with ALPET about the best at around 4.26 just a few kms off the D400 towards Fethiye town.

Offline sidari

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 09:55:37 PM »
Thanks Pete and Eniste for your info. Pete, you are bang on the money-we have a Hyundai Accent booked also. Glad your experience with Dalaman cars was good. All info requested given. Thanks again both.

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 09:59:37 PM »
The cheapest I found last month was at the Alpet station actually on the D400. It is on the right, on the stretch of road just after the new roundabout signed for Çaliş, I think just before Fethiye Gold.
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 11:12:08 AM »
Take care when you pick up your car and check it very, very thoroughly. We didn't get down and look under the bumpers. When we brought it back to the airport he found some light scratches on the bumper which couldn't be seen from a standing position, you had to get down very, very low to see them and we certainly hadn't checked that area when we took the car. We know we didn't put them there but were charged an extra 50 lira for the 'damage'. Interestingly when we dropped the car we had in May he didn't even check it over but this time found the 'damage' very quickly. Won't be using them again.

Offline sidari

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 11:27:44 AM »
Thanks for the tip Kalkan Regular. As our arrival is late evening, looks like a torch may be a useful item in hand luggage to see properly, otherwise we have a potential "unseen" problem at the outset.

Offline Pete

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 10:07:32 AM »
Surprised at Kalkan Regulars comments about minor scratches on the car. Was this with Dalaman Cars?
We have used them on a number of occaisons and never had a problem. All Hire cars have minor scratches on them and they were not at all worried about them.
Just make sure that you give the car a good going over before you accept it. Also, get all the family to look at the same time and don't forget to check the windscreen for chips and the tyres for any damage.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 10:22:43 AM »
Hi Pete. It was with Dalaman cars, who we used previously with no problem in April/May. We have rented cars all over the world and in Turkey over 15 times in the last 6 years and not had a problem before, ever. We thought we had checked the car over but realise with hindsight that we didn't actually bend right down and look where the bumper goes under the car, hence that was the advice I was giving to sidari.

Offline Pete

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 11:15:59 AM »
Hi Kalkan Regular. I hope that all who read this take note. Just shows that you can never be too careful.
I don't know about you, but I'm always a bit whacked by the time I've had a four hour flight and the pleasure of Airports at each end. I feel like a sausage on a production line, that finally drops off in Dalaman!! Then you have to get your brain back into gear and sort the car, everyones chatting in your ear with an opinion. Its very easy to forget to check the car properly or miss something.

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 08:31:37 AM »
Very surprised at this.We had no problems at all on return earlier this month.Dalaman cars are also 'No Excess' so unless the damage is classed as underbody (very dubious)  then there would be no comeback.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 10:29:31 AM »
That is why we weren't happy. We were met at the departure gate, unlike last time when we picked up a driver from their office and the car wasn't examined, which isn't a good place to be having an argument. If that's the case they obviously consider the bumper, where it goes under the car, to be the 'underbody'. They were tcut type of scratches, not deep grooves.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

question
Price of fuel

Started by kasska on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post April 26, 2008, 02:07:24 PM
by kasska
xx
60% price hike in kitchen price!,

Started by Robin on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post September 17, 2018, 08:03:13 PM
by caradog
xx
Fuel Prices down ......

Started by Sheez on Flights and Travel

8 Replies
Last post January 09, 2009, 05:33:43 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
24 hour fuel?

Started by sidari on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post August 07, 2011, 06:15:12 PM
by Em1

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal