Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: asfiya hotal  (Read 6125 times)

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
asfiya hotal
« on: July 12, 2011, 05:56:04 PM »
When out in Kalkan in June I heard the Asfiya Hotel on the Kalamar Road was to close at the end of the season and turn into apartments.     Thought it might be just a rumour but tried googling and found a website saying the hotel would be converted to apartments this winter ready for 2012.

I have never stayed there but understood it was a popular hotel so it will be sad for those who have enjoyed holidays there in the past.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8151.0

Offline Alfaman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: asfiya hotal
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 06:44:36 PM »
Are you sure people are not confusing the Asfiya hotel with the Asfiya Retreat apartments being constructed opposite by the Asfiya owners, the Aykan Group?

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 07:09:58 PM »
They may be confusing them - I am not in Kalkan at the moment so can't do any local detective work.     Have any of you living there heard of this development?    Although I never stayed there it seems to have been part of Kalkan for a while.     I was sad to see Oasis not even open when we were there in June although perhaps it opened later.    We stayed there when it was a much simpler place, before conversion.    Anyone know if that eventually opened?

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 09:38:56 PM »
I understand that Aslan who owns the Asfiya is going to make the hotel apartments and concentrate on the Lykia and his new hotel in Kas
But then again......................

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 07:49:23 AM »
One of the local estate agents told us that the Asfiya Hotel will indeed be converted to apts since they no longer have a contract with Tapestry or other travel agent.   Kalkan is slowly becoming a resort community much as the south of Spain -- holiday apts and villas, not so many hotels.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Rosie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 08:00:22 AM »
I can definitely confirm that Asfiya is to be converted into apartments during this winter. In fact apartments are being sold 'Off Plan' in the run up to completion and from what Aslan told me, it sounds like he's put a lot his wonderful vision into the development with a creche area for little ones as well as providing all the usual touches for luxury apartment life.

And if anyone is thinking bookings are down in Kalkan, it would seem that business is doing well in Kas as Aslan also told me last week that his Kas Peninsular Hotel is full this year!  Maybe he's talking it up but as Kas is favoured more by Germans rather than Brits, perhaps they're economy is not so badly hit as the UK.

Rosie

Offline Queenie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 10:20:57 AM »
Actually Rosie/Cossetta your information is out of date. There 'were' plans to convert it, but for the forseeable future (certainly 2012), it will remain as a Hotel, and there 'is' a contract in place with Discerning Collection who are the new Tapestry if you like. They have all the hotels that Tapestry had, and Asfiya is one of them, and they are already selling it for 2012.

Offline kalkanbelle

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 31
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 03:16:40 PM »
Perhaps it's the Oasis that is being converted into apartments - anyone know?

Offline Rosie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 08:19:55 AM »
Well it just goes to show how quickly things can change Queenie, because I had a meeting with Aslan at the beginning of May (nothing to do with the Asfiya) and he went into great detail about the conversion of the hotel. When I met with him the other week he said that business wasn't good in Kalkan, but his new hotel was doing well. I guess, because of the lack of tourists and money being spent this year in Kalkan this has prompted him to lease out the hotel and wait until things pick up again. It's a wise move on his part because property sales are struggling compared to before.

I wish all the best to the new company Discerning Collection, how can we find them on the internet?

Rosie

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, 12:18:35 PM »
Rosie, I found the Discerning Collection using Google.    Tried googling Discerning Collection Turkey and there they were.    Their website is www.discerningcollection.com.

They seem to have quite a few hotels and villas in Kalkan on their books.    Hasten to say I have no connection to them and have done no more than look at their website.    They certainly sound as if they are "the new Tapestry" as Queenie suggested.     

It is always a pity when businesses like Tapestry close when they have been producing lots of guests for hotels and pensions.    Especially for the smaller places like Kleo Pension in the old town.   They are not always able to quickly market themselves and get visitors to go to them independently.    It is good to see Kleo is now open again and with its own website.    It was the last place we stayed before getting our own place in Kalkan and we have affectionate memories of it.   The owners are probably different now but it still looks a great place to stay centrally if you don't mind not having a pool - and the town beach is just a stroll away.

Offline Selectworldtravel

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 05:19:13 PM »
Interesting to read all of the comments here regarding the Asfiya, We have been booking our clients here (and other Hotels in Kalkan) for many Years and were one of Tapestry Holidays(before their trouble)and Tapestry Collection's (Travelzest) Top 10 Travel Agents, having visited all of the properties. To Clarify, The Tapestry Collection is still owned by Travelzest and is still very much alive. Travelzest decided to amalgamate all of their travel brands and moved to Cheltenham. At This Time Certain members of "The Original Tapestry Holidays" and " The Tapestry Collection" , team ,I believe Resigned or came to an amicable agreement.After this Aslan then pulled all contracts for his properties with Travelzest which left The Tapestry Collection's Clients having to re-book, We Re-booked quite a few of these cliernts to the Asfiya, Likya etc through Anatolian sky and also Mosaic who also have contracts . The Discerning Collection was then formed and is now a booking Agent (not Tour operator)registered and bonded with Travel Councellors under their Atol, and behind this are the Original team from The Original Tapestry Holidays .At Present several Tour Operators, Anatolian Sky, Mosaic and The Discerning Collection (as agent) have contracts for 2010. We are in Kalkan ourselves in August staying at The Regency and are hoping to meet Aslan about 2011. Hope that clarifies a few things

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Asfiya Hamam

Started by The Engineer on Accommodation and Hotels

16 Replies
Last post May 24, 2009, 09:06:18 AM
by alantj
xx
Asfiya/Likya

Started by marmitegirl on General Discussion

16 Replies
Last post February 03, 2011, 11:58:12 AM
by Denners
xx
Asfiya Hotel

Started by Leigh on Accommodation and Hotels

5 Replies
Last post May 21, 2009, 01:21:56 PM
by jnismith
question
Asfiya Hotel

Started by RoseForever on Accommodation and Hotels

3 Replies
Last post June 23, 2015, 06:30:40 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal