Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Gourmet Restaurarnt - FANTASTIC new Restaurant!! (was Ibo's Terrace)  (Read 5251 times)

Offline EESB

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
It's so hard in Kalkan amoungst the plethora of restaurants to know which are the best.  Ibo's Terrace with it's perfect location has been a choice of ours for years, however, in recent times, the food had deteriorated.

On walking past this year we discovered that Ibo's is no longer and has been elegantly refurbished and replaced by the very aptly named GOURMET.  The menu is excellent and the additional opening of the top terrace, perfectly private and delicately lit.  These terraces are fabulous for hot July and August evenings as you get a lovely breeze.

Food - Each dish that we tried was delicately balanced and beautifully presented.  It is also one of the more varied and interesting menus in town.  I can honestly say that this kitchen could rival restaurants in London, Istanbul, Barcelona and even Paris!

Attention to
Detail - on a chilly June evening, almost before asking, warmed pashminas were presented to us, carefully selected to compliment our dress.  The lighting is flattering, elegant and relaxing.  My Grandfather used to say "If you want to eat somewhere, first check the lavatory." The little touches make the difference here: hand cream; cotton hand towels; nicely decorated and exceptionally clean.  Grandpa would approve!!

Head Chef - and Owner, Sakir (shahkeer) has been blessed with his hands and his palate.  When you enter the building you will be arrested by the array of wonderful aromas.  His passion and skill are palpable and his 20 years' experience in the kitchen gleaned a fantastic repertoire and yet has not extinguished the spark or flair.  Here is the true GOURMET!

I could go on and on, but I shall spare you and hope that you make some time to try this very welcome addition to Kalkan.  I would recommend making a reservation, even though it's new, it's pretty busy (always a good sign) - Sakir's mobile is +90 530 937 9197. 

Bon appetit

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8133.0

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
might this be an advertisment?

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
Almost certainly  :o

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
Why do you assume someone giving a review is "advertising" and not simply just giving an honest opinion? 

We've known Sakir for years now, as he was Chef for Coast in its various locations before getting the chance to set up his own place for the first time this year.  I endorse everything the OP says - it is a fabulous addition to the wonderful  restaurant in Kalkan, Sakir is a superb chef - IMHO amongst the very best in Kalkan.  He cares passionately about his customers and providing the very best and usually will come out during the evening to check his guests are all enjoying their evening.

I hope Gourmet does well - it epitomises everything we love about Kalkan: fabulous food; wonderful people; gorgeous view.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
I think the responds are due to the fact that it is the first time EESB has ever posted on EK.
I am sure now they have posted once, they will post again. Maybe they will post in the Intoduce yourself section?
Joan

Offline EESB

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Perhaps it may be that I have only just registered with Enjoy Kalkan..... and the first time I have ever visited this site.

As a matter of fact, I don't have a great deal of time to spend writing and reading on Forums and this kind of cynical response (immediate assumption of an advertisement) is one of the reasons why. 

Should I start posting constantly about all of the dross I have come across also? 

Actually, I was waxing lyrical because I think it is REALLY difficult to find VERY good food in Kalkan and Sakir really does produce excellent cuisine.

Upon your request (Joan H) I shall now spend a few moments introducing myself, just for you, but don't be surprised if you don't see or hear from me again for quite some time as I don't really have enough time to check my personal Facebook and Skype more than once or twice a month, so I don't plan to become a regular on EK. 

I hope you have a chance to visit Gourmet - it really is worth it (you might also notice I have posted about Luca, also fabulous but very different).

All the best   ::) :-\ :o

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
Well done EESB - you liked a place and you said so!  I was pulled up for 'advertising' a few weeks ago and told that I should not review a place until I had been to ALL new restaurants.  That ain't gonna happen soon so I try to review any I do go to, whether run by friends or not, as accurately and, yes, positively as is reasonable. 
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 03:04:59 PM by Enişte »

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
ESSB

Thanks for the recommendation,

We had dinner there, mainly to see if it lived up to your claims and happy to report that it did.

The food was great,  better than Coast (which has pretty much the same menu) and the service the best we had in two weeks of dining out twice a day.

Several very nice freebies were included bread, olives, pre-starter, side dish and turkish delight     

Ultra high points were the slow roast rack of Lamb and the Chocolate Avalanche the best (and definitely the most chocolaty desert) I have had for a very long time.

Other tables seemed to share our opinion, going out of their way to praise the food and asking for thire comments to be passed back to the chef.  Unfortunately, we discovered it at the end of our holiday so didn't get the chance to go back but it will be on our list of places to revisit the next time we are in Kalkan.

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
We went to coast a couple of weeks ago and it was very disappointing. Food was WAY to salty. Wish we'd gone to Gourmet!
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
Had a fabulous first meal at Gourmet.  Looking forward to re-visiting in September. 

Offline Leigh

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
Hi, I have just had a look at Gourmet's web site and have to say the menu looks really nice.  For those who have already eaten here this season, what are the prices like please?  Is it one of the top end restaurants in Kalkan.  We are over again in September and will definitely be trying this restaurant.

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
Hi, It is definitely one of the top restaurants, Gourmet and Gironda were our favourites this year. Menu prices are very reasonable given the quality of the food/service. Mains with a free side dish are about 22-35TL.

Offline Leigh

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
22-35TL sounds very reasonable - we were paying those prices at Mango and Bread and More on Kalamar road back in June, OK but nothing to right home about and no views either so will definitely be trying Gourmet. 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Gourmet Terrace Restaurant

Started by KalkanKat on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

19 Replies
Last post November 01, 2011, 10:25:37 AM
by Enişte
xx
Sakir and Gourmet Terrace Restaurant

Started by chrissy1 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

20 Replies
Last post June 06, 2012, 06:23:59 PM
by chrissy1
xx
Gourmet terrace our number 1 out of three at the moment

Started by chrissy1 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

18 Replies
Last post June 24, 2012, 02:34:11 PM
by HolmfirthNicky
xx
The Nar Terrace Restaurant Bar

Started by antler on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

2 Replies
Last post August 19, 2010, 03:51:08 PM
by Roxie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan lanterns

Views: 3537
By: zros
Meis