Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: so where is the water!!!!!  (Read 7573 times)

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: so where is the water!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2011, 03:25:02 PM »
Here is the link to an article on KTLN from Kalkan's Mayor regarding the recent water issues. It is worth a read and does answer some of the questions raised on the Water threads on here.
http://kalkan.turkishlocalnews.com/portal/kalkan-news/158262-kalkan-water-a-statement-from-the-belediye

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2011, 06:24:36 AM »
well that was short lived ! thanks for the apology mr mayor but where is the water AGAIN!

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2011, 07:27:28 AM »
We have no water since Saturday morning and no internet connection since Thursday morning!  This is worse than living in the poorest developing country (fed up!)
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline howmad

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2011, 07:56:53 AM »
We had water till late Saturday night but awoke to the sound of the back up pump. On a positive note our internet has been very fast and reliable for quite some time.

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2011, 08:26:50 AM »

Great apology from the Mayor..............sadly no water yet again !!!!

The way he is handling this he will not have many tourists to worry about in the future as they may not come !!

Offline zola

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2011, 09:04:06 AM »
Sunday. Still no water!! The internet is still bad, the street lamps in Kalamar still aren't working and thats at least 3 months now, still have electric at the moment other than that all is well!

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2011, 09:53:24 AM »
Dear..... unfortunate holiday makers and residents of Kalkan. I sounds really naf for some of you at the moment. Why not sell up and try sunny Tyldesley near Manchester. You can holiday on my farm. Accomodation would be a luxury stable complete with automatic water delivery, and constant electricity. WiFi is available without interuption. We have horses to ride indoor or outdoor, ponds stocked for fishing. Quad bike course. Tractor racing etc. On-site chef to cook for you. Everyday of the year BBQ facility. Constant Hot and cold showers with high pressure output (capable of drenching a horse in seconds) can provide swimming pool with 1 days notice (13 ton digger ready) Can supply efes from supermarket.......Sounds great dun it!

Apply to Ray...........but not in September.......i'll be in Kalkan. Hope we've got water.

Keep smiling.     ;D

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2011, 09:59:30 AM »
I'm not a fan of politicians at any level but, how else would people have had the Mayor handle this situation? Think about it, would you have been able to foresee what went wrong? This Mayor inherited a water system that was failing when he took over.
He got a report that new pumps were needed, bought new pumps and had them fitted. They went wrong, he authorised the purchase of 2 new pumps and was then reliant upon the supplier to deliver them. They arrived with the wrong fittings.
I guess he could have sent a van to pick them up, (if they were a stock item). Someone really should be in bother for the connectors not being the right ones, but is that the Mayors fault? He probably has to rely upon an engineer to detail the specifications required. Who knows, we don't, Kalkan Belidye may have done that but the supplier got it wrong!

Most people on here were pleased that we had a new Mayor initially and he has done quite a lot to make Kalkan more tourist friendly and pleasant for the locals. Now, because things are not the same as back in the UK, people are getting upset. Get over it, this is Turkey. I'm going for a shower!
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2011, 02:05:21 PM »
thats funny bubbles g! could hear your moaning from here to dalaman when the water was off last month!

Offline zola

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2011, 03:01:07 PM »
cleworthallray, fancy a swap? your place sounds like heaven! On a farm as well happy days. 16.55 still no water have heard that it's now a pressure problem from a turkish person, maybe on tomorrow!
going to cafe vita for a beer as musti is on tv and a local superstar, good on him he does a good job and loves it! You never know it may be flowing tomorrow, and maybe just maybe the internet may work as well. If you see a Turk with a shovel digging up the road please club him on the head as it means something else will be off tomorrow!!

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2011, 03:21:25 PM »
KTLN show pictures of a burst water main about 14 km from Kalkan.    Hopefully water back on for Monday.    My sympathies to those in Kalkan at present without backup water tanks.   We were fine with our tank when in Kalkan earlier this month but very aware of the problems for many people.     Probably best those with real problems don't look at the pictures of all that water shooting up in the air from the burst water main - unless you can get there fast and have an open-air shower.

Offline Denners

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2011, 05:31:29 PM »
It struck me that it has taken the Belediye over a year to sort this out, and that they should have fitted the new pumps during the winter months ! Why so long if it was their priority and why at the wrong time of year ?
I'm now hearing that because of the the new pumps, the water pressure is a lot higher and causing bust pipes in Kalkan....as well as in the mains to Kalkan (re KTLN report) !!

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2011, 06:01:37 PM »
Burst pipe........that does not sound good but not totally unexpected. It sounds like the good old Kalkan water system is pretty old and was not designed for the massive increase in villas and apartments. It is usually the case that pumps (and their pumping pressure) are matched to the piping system. When the system becomes overloaded it is often the case to fit a larger pump (not matching but overloading the original pipe capability) and hey presto....the water pressure finds a weak spot and then its fixed and then another and another......Its the same if you fit a replacement combi central heating boiler on an old standard system. The high pressure pump finds all the radiator weak spots and the valves leak. I know its easy to say but the new pumps needed fitting to new pipes. We all know that this problem happens everyday in Blighty which is why we waste tons of water from burst pipes. I could be wrong but Kalkan could be in for plenty of bursts from the old pipes now that a new larger pump is fitted. Hope not cos I can't wait to get there in September. Keep your fingers crossed.

PS> Hi Chrissy....it is like heaven but I still need to get away to lovely Kalkan. Time for a stella and lite the barby. Wheres my efes!  ;D

Offline Capt Pugwash

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2011, 07:27:01 PM »
So to summarise
Holidaymakers and visiters due to visit Kalkan in the next week or so would be wise to check with their Tour Company/Accomodation provider as to what arrangements they have in place during this time.

Check KTLN site for regular, factual updates.

Water is being provided by the Town Hall although this dependant on stocks, demand and whether you actually took the time and effort to check with them.

To those still stuggling and suffering water shortages, we extend our sympathy.

But please - no more wingeing!!!!!!

This is a site predominately for the Holidaymaker/ocassional visiter to Kalkan. Realistically what can the vast majority of the forum users, who are in the UK/outside of Turkey actually do to help you.........nothing!!!

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2011, 07:37:56 PM »
Nicely summarised Capt Pugwash.

Think it's time to lock this topic now. Hopefully everything that needs to be said has been covered. As Capt Pugwash has stated this forum is for tourists, so residents please raise these issues with the sources available locally and KTLN for further news.

Thank you.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Water Water every where but none to drink

Started by tiamaria on General Discussion

20 Replies
Last post June 12, 2011, 10:39:37 PM
by tiamaria
xx
Water Water... Anywhere!

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Living In Kalkan

9 Replies
Last post May 16, 2010, 05:36:23 AM
by Mags
xx
Water cut

Started by Babadag on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post July 19, 2008, 04:31:16 PM
by Babadag
xx
Water....?

Started by kalkan4eva on General Discussion

14 Replies
Last post August 17, 2011, 01:29:16 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan Beach

Views: 5154
By: jen
Korsan Staff