Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Sword of Damacles!  (Read 10042 times)

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: The Sword of Damacles!
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 09:55:30 PM »
Cannot match 1.5TL but we did enjoy two or maybe three ice cold Tuborgs at 3TL in Fethiye last week.

Back in Kalkan the best we saw was 5TL (in lots of places) a few at 6TL with the wooden spoon going to Salt and Pepper at 7TL, which I thought was a bit pricey for a nice but nothing really special bar.

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2011, 10:02:44 PM »

One of the best meals ever in Salt & Pepper cant remember how much the beer was though......are you talking large or small Efes ???

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2011, 11:41:42 PM »
It was a large Effes but still seemed a bit pricey for a lunchtime drink compared to the nearby Seafront bars, perhaps I will try the food next time. 

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2011, 09:34:50 AM »
I may need an advance for this research.  As an update, several of the 4.50TL places are planning to go up to 5TL as the season kicks off.  No names no packdrill - is this worth another petition?...

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2011, 10:12:58 AM »
By the way, it's Damocles and not Damacles.  I just realised I was up to 666 posts and this seemed an easy way to move on to the neighbour of the beast rather than the number of the beast!

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2011, 10:32:21 AM »
Could be, I don't think you would have too much trouble collecting signature in support of cheap beer but getting people to cough up"research" funds might be a tad trickier.

Offline Random

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2011, 10:56:17 AM »
Just to add to the research - the pool side bar at Lavanta charges 5TL for a large Efes, as does Zula Cafe. Marina Restaurant charges 6TL but 5TL if you are eating there too, Cafe Leon charges 6TL. As the good citizen that I am I feel it my duty to continue researching this subject out of the goodness of my heart!

Offline Wally

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2011, 11:39:36 AM »
 ^-^ ^-^ hic, hic hic zorry abowt spelling. Me wifey, hic hic hic, sez I shoouud cellect me notes aftr re hic hic research bfwr I hic hic submittt me findiinngs toooooooooooooooo the fourrum hic! zzzzzzzzzz huh. sozz won't llleett yooooooooo down agen.

Uup ttwwo nowww hic, huh, burrrrr research gowin burrrr, hic, hic welll! 20 done! hic hic hic prices ???? oh oh no, no for hic hic forgot neeed toooooooooooo staart hic sob hic again  :'( :'( :'(

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2011, 12:51:38 PM »
Oh poor Wally.    Never mind, there will be more of us in Kalkan soon, all willing to help with the research.    Don't despair, just keep going until we come so we can benefit from your early research.    It is very noble of you.

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2011, 08:11:58 PM »
Where's Wally? ;) ;) ;D ;D
I'll get me coat!! ;-).....Bang on!

Offline Wally

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2011, 07:15:30 AM »
 :-* :-* Hello fellow explorers I,m back  >:D My utmost regrets for my condition when writing my last up date. I have now reached halfway in my quest to fathom  ??? out beer prices in Kalkan & after several days sleeping am now in a fit state to give a brief report 8) 8) 8)
All samples of EFES tasted were of the best quality! All venues were lovely in their own way and staff always willing to carry, sorry, I mean assist me to toilet, taxi or to gently get me out of the harbour  :P Prices ??? ??? I know this area is a bit cloudy but please bear with me  ??? most harbour watering holes charge 6 Lira, move out a little and price can vary slightly, 5 Lira being the most common. I have tasted the elixir of youth at 3 keepers of the golden nectar & been charged 4, yes 4 Lira  :angel: One of suppliers of King of Beers is Omars but my intrepid follows the other two have sworn me to secrecy on pain of serving me iced tea YAK, YAK  :-X :-X
It is my duty to continue my quest in the service of all my Kalkan friends, new and old. Fear not, I shall not let you down & with the my many disguises, the support & ice packs given by Mrs Wally I in tend to break the secret passwords of this most secret of societies that is the price structure of EFES beer in Kalkan  ;) ;) All I ask from you my true believers is if you see a dog or cat sulking under a table, do not kick it, it could be me. Like wise please be careful what you through in any dustbin!!!!!!     

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2011, 10:09:39 AM »
Such dedication Wally.    We salute you.    Keep up the good work.    When we get to Kalkan will you be the one weaving your way around?    Or perhaps there are others helping you in your research

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2011, 10:27:34 AM »
Wally is the leader of a highly-experienced and dedicated team (but has sadly not even told us where the 4TL places are).  The search continues....

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2011, 03:14:48 PM »
Wally

All this "research" is much appreciated, any spottings of draft beers other than Effes. 

Unlike at least 90% of the forum I am not a great fan of Effes, it's ok in the sunshine but gets a bit boring after a few days and a draft Tuborg,  Becks or Budvar (that all seem to be available in other parts of Turkey) would be a nice change.

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2011, 03:51:40 PM »
Wally

All this "research" is much appreciated, any spottings of draft beers other than Effes. 

Unlike at least 90% of the forum I am not a great fan of Effes, it's ok in the sunshine but gets a bit boring after a few days and a draft Tuborg,  Becks or Budvar (that all seem to be available in other parts of Turkey) would be a nice change.

I am not a great fan of Effes

Sacre bleu!!!
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2011, 05:08:21 PM »
Never seen any others on draught in Kalkan but I would kill to find Budvar anywhere, especially at 20th century Czech prices (1TL per pint)!  I can't say I'd ever hunt out Efes in the UK or anywhere else though....

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2011, 06:09:19 PM »
I was in Wetherspoons in Fareham last night..Efes @ £2.30 large bottle ... very popular and sells out quickly...my favourite is the italian beer  "Peroni" but it's only a small bottle ...it is a stonking £4.85 for draught in another of my locals so i give it a miss till asda have it on offer.......either way beer tastes better supped in kalkan sunshine ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2011, 10:03:53 PM »
Asda have Peroni on offer right now - along with Sol, Corona and the other designer beers. BL I never had you down as a yuppie :-* :-*
Wally, I salute you and your team...this is a far far greater thing....etc etc etc.
I'm not a fan of Efes, btw, but BH spends all the K4E bag fund on it, so the cheaper the better for me  ;)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Wally

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2011, 11:37:22 AM »
 :-X :-X The Sword of Damacles has fallen yet again  ;) Fear not  ;) my trusted comrades & I been ever vigilant in our search for the elixir of youth that EFES & the mysteries of its pricing structure in Kalkan ??? ??? With the Sword firmly embedded we feel secure that in one of our disguises we will no longer be kicked or threatened with death  :'( :'(  but please still be watchful on what you throw in the dustbin  :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2011, 02:03:06 PM »
Feel free to discuss all you wish without "the sword" falling.... Just not on EK!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
'Return of the Sword'

Started by Wally on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post June 04, 2011, 05:41:34 AM
by Wally

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Merkez 2015

Views: 2945
By: kalkan4eva
Daphne''s